What would Caylee want?

Justice is for the living on earth, IMO. It is important for us and the victim's loved ones (usually) that there be justice. We also need it, as a society, to deter others from committing heinous acts.

I think the dead, if they were innocent or good while on earth, are beyond feelings of recrimination or revenge or punishment. Caylee still feels love for the people she loved when she was alive. And whether casey is punished or not is likely completely beyond what's important to her at this point.

But I do think that the dead value the truth. They want the world to know what happened to them. They want their loved ones to know the truth. Caylee cannot comprehend why her mother murdered her. And part of having the truth revealed is being able to ask the questions they could not ask when living, "Why did you kill me, Mommy? Why?" And it gives the voiceless dead a voice they otherwise could not have.

Caylee cannot tell us what her mother did to her. She cannot talk about her final moments - of the confusion, the fear, the panic at not being able to breathe, the horror that her "mommy" was not helping her. But a jury verdict can tell us for her. I do think that's important to angels like Caylee whose voices have been prematurely and horrifically silenced.

That was an absolutely beautiful way to put this. Thank you so very much.

During Caylee's last moments on earth she fought for her life with all of her being.

Nobody, no matter how much Caylee loved them, had the right to take Caylee's life away from her.

That Caylee loved and trusted and adored her killer makes the crime all that much more deplorable.

Lots of women have loved the man that killed them. Joey Buttefuco's wife went back to him after Amy Fisher shot her in the face. If there had been evidence that Joey sent Amy to kill his wife, should the wife's forgiveness mean that the person who tried to kill her shouldn't be punished?

Should assassins or wanna-be assassins go unpunished because their victims LOVED them unconditionally?

Caylee wanted to live
. She deserved to live. Every child does. And every mother considering going the route that ICA went needs to know that there will be consequences for her actions.

IMO, Caylee is a beautiful Angel with the heavens above at her fingertips. I see Caylee runnning thru beautiful flowers laughing, playing with all the children who went before her. Caylee has left us a precious memory of her. Caylee is the sunshine that shines in my life everyday. The tears we shed for her should be no more, we should shed our tears and pray for the children that are suffering that we don't even know about. Caylee you will always be in my heart...and you are my sunshine.. I feel Caylee has no idea what has happened to her. She is surround by love and angels that are taking care of her now. Her life on earth is gone, but her memory remains and her soul is peaceful. Caylee would only want love for those she loved, her understanding of right from wrong was limited to her age. She probably did not even know what death was. She loved her family and she still does (IMO). So to me Caylee has no clue what is happening because she is protected from the evils of this earth

I don't think Caylee would have an understanding of punishment. Think about what we know of her family. Does anyone believe SHE had ever been corrected for doing something wrong? And yes, toddlers do get into trouble! Perhaps she might understand a "time out" - which is what her mother, IMHO, deserves. A very, very long "time out". At least past child bearing years, so this doesn't happen again.

On the bright side, I DO believe Caylee is happy and content and loved and none of this matters to her anymore. She doesn't know fear any more. What the rest of us must collectively do is promise ourselves to learn from this and make sure the children around us are safe and protected.

I believe Caylee would want the truth to be told. That what happened to here was known, and that it wasn't her fault. JMO

To watch fireworks and swim with CeCe and JoJo. To sleep in her own bed.

Yes, I changed my original post because I have a feeling that it would have been read differently than I meant. While I know what I want for Caylees mother, what I had in my first post sounded as if I would have wanted what Caylee would have wanted, and thats not the case at all. I will declare with many of you that I believe ICA deserves the ultimate punishment. However, children being children and loving in the child like manner that God gives them, Caylee, would have only wanted her mommy (?) to be safe and home with her, CeCe and JoJo. Amazing to me----- the love a child has and gives.

Ok here it is without sugarcoating:

Caylee is deceased and as such you have no way of knowing what she wants right now.
I think it's a gross disrespect to a deceased victim to try to take advantage of the situation and attribute one's own desires to her.

<modsnip>

We really don't know what an afterlife is like. She might still want to breathe.

I know this is OT, but I daresay if you asked any adults here who were bullied as children if they hold any grudges, they would contradict this assertion quite vehemently.

Oh, of course, you are right. I was thinking in my head very young children, two years old and younger. And I cont to say as children get older, they do hold grudges and I admit I do myself.

There's a woman I went to school with who was very cruel to me and a few other quiet girls. She sent me a friend req on FB. I feel like a complete dork but I ignored it. Forty years ago? I can remember it like yesterday :crazy:

Ok here it is without sugarcoating:

Caylee is deceased and as such you have no way of knowing what she wants right now.
I think it's a gross disrespect to a deceased victim to try to take advantage of the situation and attribute one's own desires to her.

<modsnip>

I could not agree more. Which is why I get a shiver when someone jokes about punishing members of the Anthony family for acting destroyed and damaged and out of control, and then says "Justice for Caylee!!"

I don't think Caylee's desires, if in some way they remain intact, would tend toward the glee with which so many people hope to watch the Anthony's (including ICA) suffer. That is projection.

(respectfully snipped)
Amazing to me----- the love a child has and gives.

Amazing to me too. That's what I want to hold on to, and to take away from this when all is said and done, that children are amazing, wonderful little beings who can teach us all a thing or two about what's important in life. :)

Honestly, I don't know what Caylee Marie would want for her mother, other than to be loved and cared for. As innocent as Caylee was, she had no idea what her mother was doing to her and why.

My heart aches for her, and I can only pray that the adults will provide the appropriate punishment for all the hurt and death ICA has caused.

MOO

Mel

IMO I don't believe Caylee Marie wants for anything anymore.

All we can do is pay tribute to her in whichever way we can and hold ourselves to a high standard and be the best people we can be.

Caylee was too young to understand punishment like that.

The only things Caylee would want at this point is to go swimming with her grandparents, to go visit Papa at the nursing home, to play with the 2 puppies, to sing and dance to Barney again, to color in her coloring books, to play dress up in her Princess Belle dress....

and to read her Suppertime for Frieda Fuzzypaws book....

:(

Mel

Caylee would probably want her Mom to never be around any little kids, pets, or vulnerable people ever again. The Bible says live by the sword die by the sword, so Casey is having to face the law asking that for her punishment. The laws of the land make the decisions, but the death penalty may even be abolished before Casey gets the needle, if that is her punishment. If Caylee is in Heaven she would want to see her Mom again someday there, where there is no evil instead of worrying about vengeance right now here or bleeding heart forgiveness that could get other people hurt.

I just can't feel good about calling for justice for a little one but turn into someone that carries with lynch mob mentality.

Justice needs to be done. We don't raise our moral and ethical values as a society by spinning out theories and accusations without care because they popped into our heads. We support our justice system and put the energy to finding justice for Caylee by helping to feed a child that is at risk of dying without a nutritious meal or supporting a program that gives a kid an alternative to taking to the streets.

Never complain about tax dollars going to support mental health programs, clearly there are people out there that really, really need it and didn't get nearly enough of it.

I have given much thought to what would really be justice for Caylee. I have to agree with those who pointed out that what she would want most was to still be living - to laugh and love and play and spend time with JoJo & CiCi and even her mother and to grow up and go to school and experience the life she was deprived of at such a precious young age.

Regarding justice, I doubt that she had any concept of that as she was just a toddler but I cannot imagine such a precious child would want to see her mother executed no matter what her mother had done to her that led to her death. My guess is that she would want her mother to face what she had done and admit exactly what had happened to GA & CA and to everyone who looked for her or offered up a prayer for her or investigated this case or prosecuted this case. Caylee may have been too young to understand life in prison, but I think she probably did understand that there were consequences for one's actions and I'm sure she would prefer that to the death penalty.

Regarding any potential charges for CA or GA or anyone else, I really think she would say that they were only trying to help and to let it go.

Thank you to everybody for your opinions - whether I agree or not. I simply ask because it seems like we are all thinking what WE want, and though we have Caylee in our thoughts it's all about US. Which, like someone pointed out, we can't know what Caylee would want.

Just asking for opinions. Not meaning to upset anyone.

Thank you to everybody for your opinions - whether I agree or not. I simply ask because it seems like we are all thinking what WE want, and though we have Caylee in our thoughts it's all about US. Which, like someone pointed out, we can't know what Caylee would want.

Just asking for opinions. Not meaning to upset anyone.

I understood your intention, and I have no doubt it came straight from your heart. Perhaps a similar question to ask ourselves is, when the trial is over and we move on with our lives, what can we take from this and bring to the world? What can we do to honor her memory?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JammerSue
Back