While we are searching.. OT thread.

I have days like that too Odyssey. A few months ago I went nuts looking for my car keys. Looked all over, lifted up couch cushions, looked beneath the couch... ran up and down the stairs several times looking for them. Shook my purse, didn't hear them. Finally called my mother to come get my son and I and drive him to school. I had to stop at 7-11 on the way to get something for lunch for him because we had a running weekend and I never finished everything I needed to get done that weekend. Finally got to the counter and opened my purse to pay. Where were the keys? Buried under my checkbook at the bottom of my purse! :doh: Talk about feeling like an idiot!

And I thought carrying a smaller purse I wouldn't lose things so easily.

Reminded me of that commercial where the guy and his wife drive all over checking the places they stopped while vacationing looking for his sunglasses and they were atop his head all along. :crazy:

lol... yeah that is very typical of me unfortunately :)

...and another funny thing, I keep having to remind myself that you are female because when I see the name Cubby I think of the kid from the Mickey Mouse Club :)

Lol, I chose the name because I am a Chicago Cubs fan, and I think Cubbie was taken when I registered with WS.

haha happy to hear it's not just me. My excuse is I'm getting old, 50 on March 19th :( For me it is walking into a room to do or get something and by the time I get there I think "why did I come in here" and of cause as soon as I walk out of the room I remember why I went in there in the first place. I'ts good exercise though, specially if I've walked all the way upstairs. No cellulite here :)

I do that all the time too Ozzie! Or when you are driving and you go on 'automatic pilot' and find yourself driving a routine route when that isn't where you needed to go. LOL!

So cool to know your birthday! You and my sister share a birthday. Mine is March 23. I will be the ripe old age of 43 plus one. My sons godmoms hubby also has that birthday! St. Josephs day! When we were growing up, my parents always told us we celebrate St. Josephs day because it is a Polish thing.. and it was kind of like a competition? with St. Patricks day. Not sure if that is true or not, or just something my parents made up. They made up some fun things. We used to have an easter elephant in addition to the easter bunny. He made it on warm Easter days and his feet were so muddy all the eggs were hidden around the yard. ;) Of course my son has an easter elephant now too. ;)

You can be 49 plus one if you'd like! :)

the worst is when you dial someone's phone number and while you're waiting for them to answer, you forget who you're calling..

or calling someone when you meant to call another person. My mother and I do that ALL the time! Especially when the numbers are close. lol!

I do that all the time too Ozzie! Or when you are driving and you go on 'automatic pilot' and find yourself driving a routine route when that isn't where you needed to go. LOL!

So cool to know your birthday! You and my sister share a birthday. Mine is March 23. I will be the ripe old age of 43 plus one. My sons godmoms hubby also has that birthday! St. Josephs day! When we were growing up, my parents always told us we celebrate St. Josephs day because it is a Polish thing.. and it was kind of like a competition? with St. Patricks day. Not sure if that is true or not, or just something my parents made up. They made up some fun things. We used to have an easter elephant in addition to the easter bunny. He made it on warm Easter days and his feet were so muddy all the eggs were hidden around the yard. ;) Of course my son has an easter elephant now too. ;)

You can be 49 plus one if you'd like! :)

Or 49 minus 1, I might start going backwards :)

I like the St Joseph's thing. I was actually baptised in St Joseph's Church.

The Easter elephant sounds like fun too.

or calling someone when you meant to call another person. My mother and I do that ALL the time! Especially when the numbers are close. lol!

I work in the transport industry and quite often I dial the consignment note number instead of the customers ph# :(

I usually mix up my dads number and my sons godmothers number since they both start with the same prefix and those are the only numbers I call with that prefix.

http://www.chiff.com/a/st-josephs-day.htm

So it is real, that St. Josephs day is Mar 19. You're supposed to wear red on St. Josephs day, at least here in the states. :)
• In the United States, red is worn on St. Joseph's Day. There doesn't seem to be any religious significance to this color. It seems to have begun as a tradition to complement the tradition of wearing green on St. Patrick's Day, which falls only two days before

I wonder if that has any bearing on why my Mom threw a tizzy fit when I wore red on St. Patrick's Day one year, many years ago (God rest her soul). She made me change my shirt before going out... said it was bad luck to wear red on St. Patty's day.

I'm so tired! I wish I had a case of Jolt Cola. What I would give for a grape jolt cola! Unfortunately my local 7-11 is the only place I know that carries Jolt cola and they only carry it in the summer time. :(

I need to find a place where I can get a case of Jolt cola. Preferably in multi flavors.

jolt-F_Grape__98995_std.jpg

found one online but am not shipping from Canada...... lol

I'm so tired! I wish I had a case of Jolt Cola. What I would give for a grape jolt cola! Unfortunately my local 7-11 is the only place I know that carries Jolt cola and they only carry it in the summer time. :(

I need to find a place where I can get a case of Jolt cola. Preferably in multi flavors.

jolt-F_Grape__98995_std.jpg

found one online but am not shipping from Canada...... lol

Have a Nanna nap :)

Saw it and already replied Dr. Doogie! Excellent idea!
I strongly recommend anyone who sees this post check out Dr. Doogies thread...

I turned 50 today. What a fantastic day I had. Family, friends and work colleagues made my day.

I got the most beautiful gold and diamond bangle from my man. Not to mention what I got from my children, work colleagues, family and friends.

I feel so blessed to have people around me that love and care about me. I love them all so much.

Happy belated birthday Ozziemum!

Glad you had such a fantastic day.

:birthday:

Happy Birthday Ozziemom!!
Hope your day was filled with sunshine & love.

SK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back