Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the death certificate will read, but crack cocaine killed Whitney Houston.

So tragic. Whitney rest in peace. Prayers for her family and friends. A loss for the music industry.

It will be a few weeks before the toxicology report is complete.

Whitney..... I pray that these words you sang are truth, and you are now singing at the Lord's Throne.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcjP4LgW0Rw"]I Love the Lord (feat. The Georgia Mass Choir) - YouTube[/ame]

Sad news. In spite of her troubles she was still such a beautiful woman that had been gifted with the most amazing voice. I was a big fan of her music. Thoughts and prayers go out to her young daughter and other family and friends.

She's right there with Marvin Gaye, singing this song. They both could bring it. Sung at Super Bowl XXV in 1991, it was released as a single and made it to #20 on the Billboard Hot 100, making her the only artist to turn the Anthem into a hit single.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupsPg5H6aE&feature=related"]Star Spangled Banner Whitney Houston - YouTube[/ame]

Very very sad to lose such a great talent so young. She just lost her way and couldn't get out of the cycle but now she is home. Rest in peace.

A beautiful lady and amazing singer! RIP Whitney.

Ima

I will always remember you, Whitney. I hope your broken heart finds its way home. RIP, dear one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvsU4SNWPA&feature=artist"]Whitney Houston - Where Do Broken Hearts Go - YouTube[/ame]

I am very sorry to hear this news.

I know we do not know what killed her yet but I just have to say that drugs are just plain evil...

Rest in Peace Whitney....

Rest in peace Whitney. You gave us so much enjoyment with your amazing vocal talent.

Sadly, I'm not surprised. What a tremendous gift she had, and squandered. I hope she can rest in peace, but I kind of think she'll want to kick her own azz for a while first.

My condolences to her family, friends, and loved ones who stood by her and fought against the demons that were plaguing her success in life-- may you all find some peace and comfort in one another.

:rose:

Oh my gosh, so sad and tragic.

She was such an absolute beauty and her voice gave you chills it was so incredible.

RIP Whitney

Man..... listening over at Youtube... to all those songs I grew up belting from the backseat to, and the titles just take on such a double meaning...

"Where Do Broken Hearts Go?"
"Didn't We Almost Have It All?"
"The Greatest Love of All"
"I'm Changing"
"Why Does It Hurt So Bad?"
"I Have Nothing"

It's as if Whitney sang the soundtrack to her life.

What an emotional day its been-so many tears were shed today..

"My Love Is Your Love" lyrics by W.H.

If I should die this very day
Don't cry, cause on earth we wasn't meant to stay
And no matter what people say
I'll be waiting for you after judgement day......

Huffington Post @HuffingtonPost
'God gave me a voice to sing with, and when you have that, what other gimmick is there?' - Whitney Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox