Votes: 47 40.9%
  • the media

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • everybody involved

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • experts and wanna be experts

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
I know speaking for myself, I don't think this was a conspiracy at all. I think it was an ego thing on the part of the police chief, pressure put on the DA by powers unnamed, and inexperience and incompetence. But yes, I agree that going back to the very beginning, the blame goes to the DA and police chief. The DA also had personal and business relationships with the defense lawyers and their firm. No way should he have remained on this case.

DeeDee249,
Well this is one facet of the case that is opaque, likely due to the public knowing little about BPD or the DA's behind the scenes procedures. The emails, the phone calls, between Team Ramsey and the DA, and those anonymous insiders at the BPD e.g. Lou Smit, vanishing with half the case files etc. Who knows what else is packed away in some filing cabinet awaiting discovery, and potentially, bringing a JonBenet expose documentary to our screens. Not unless the Ramsey PI's have not already paid visits to those concerned?

I think there was a damage limitation exercise mounted. I reckon there was a conspiracy to allow the Ramsey's to evade justice. The money talked, the corporate links between legal LLC's and the Ramsey LLC's including those proxy LLC's setup by other LLC's, so to allow the sale of the house etc, all suggest a conspiracy. My only doubt is when did it begin? Consider that Team Ramsey had their legal reps out interviewing while the search was still on for JonBenet. This indicates that that the damage limitation was probably set in motion prior to the 911 call?

The sale of the R house to that sham LLC of R friends and attorneys is something I wish we could have looked into more closely. I can understand the family wanting to sell that house. But the way it was "sold" is suspicious.
They left that night (Dec 26, 1996), leaving JB's cold corpse under the Christmas Tree (how horrible) and never went back inside. They never even waited with her till the morgue car took her away.
They escaped, I mean "relocated", to Atlanta right away. But when the house "sold", every carpet was pulled up and every wall was painted white, all the wallpaper was pulled off too. There was NO WAY any more evidence was going to be found inside that home. Gone forever was the opportunity to find out where she had been killed or exactly where there were blood and urine stains.
I would bet that no money changed hands with that sale or it was a "token" fee like $1.00, and that the "partnership" really sold it on behalf of the Rs and it was the Rs who received the cash when the partnership then resold the house.

The sale of the R house to that sham LLC of R friends and attorneys is something I wish we could have looked into more closely. I can understand the family wanting to sell that house. But the way it was "sold" is suspicious.
They left that night (Dec 26, 1996), leaving JB's cold corpse under the Christmas Tree (how horrible) and never went back inside. They never even waited with her till the morgue car took her away.
They escaped, I mean "relocated", to Atlanta right away. But when the house "sold", every carpet was pulled up and every wall was painted white, all the wallpaper was pulled off too. There was NO WAY any more evidence was going to be found inside that home. Gone forever was the opportunity to find out where she had been killed or exactly where there were blood and urine stains.
I would bet that no money changed hands with that sale or it was a "token" fee like $1.00, and that the "partnership" really sold it on behalf of the Rs and it was the Rs who received the cash when the partnership then resold the house.

DeeDee249,
You might debate whether the manner in which the house was sold, was simply to sever the ownership from the R's, thus avoiding future scrutiny? But given the profile of the house this was never going to happen.

The manner in which it was sold smacks of a corporate solution dreamt up by some legal eagle. Or even John himself in tandem with his LLC partners? This is possibly a template for how the R's orchestrated other events until they were exonerated. I am assuming they were taking PR advice to engage in all those documentaries and TV interviews. Then there is the PI's involved: Lou Smit, Gray etc all LLC's, toss in the legal LLC's and you have an interesting mix of corporate expertise and I would contend finding JonBenet's was not their top priority.

Yes, even if they were innocent, they must have decided to give up at this point. Cleaning and selling the house must have felt like closure for the R's?

Sure, they simply did not care. I reckon, given the opportunity, they would have left Boulder earlier that day leaving JonBenet dead in the wine-cellar, and possibly Burke at the White's. Evading justice was their top priority.

So in a sense there was a damage limitation excercise mounted early on, even while BPD were still searching for JonBenet. We can infer this was an amalgamation of corporate resources from various sectors. The crucial question is was the DA's office involved, given the trading in crime-scene information with Team Ramsey, I reckon it was. Consider Aunty Pam removing stuff from the Ramsey house, assisted by a BPD squad car, why so, when the house was patently a crime-scene?

So you have Team Ramsey including all the LLC cohorts, the BPD, and the DA's office all assisting the Ramsey's from the minute the 911 call was made. No arrests were made, evidence was trashed or removed, the R's had their lawyers involved immediately. To me this sounds like a conspiracy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back