Who Is Entitled To A Right To Privacy?

When does concentual sex become rape? As soon as one of the parties utters "no more". This has been proven repeatedly in the court of law. No matter what went on prior to "stop" or "no more" once those words are spoken or implied, the act changes.

Maybe something for everyone who thinks the A's life should be open fodder because they invited the media in, to think about. So far, regardless of what we think of their actions the A's have not been accused of any crimes. What they did and how they behaved in front of camera's they invited in is open for public consumption. The rest of their life, is not and the sooner we all realize this, the sooner they will fade into the background where they belong.

IIRC initially following the declaration of the remains being those of their Gbaby, the A's said they were only interested in having a private service for Caylee. They were convinced by outsiders to hold a public memorial for this little baby, to allow all those who have been so intimately involved in the search a chance to say good bye, to gain a little closure. I really wish their every decision would stop being vilified by the very people who look for them first thing every morning and last thing every night. No one can have it both ways, not us and not them.

Bolded by me.

EXCELLENT POST! ITA!!! :clap::clap::clap:

No where in my post do I mention BC or a press conference. Or how I feel about what BC has said.

IIRC initially following the declaration of the remains being those of their Gbaby, the A's said they were only interested in having a private service for Caylee. They were convinced by outsiders to hold a public memorial for this little baby, to allow all those who have been so intimately involved in the search a chance to say good bye, to gain a little closure. I really wish their every decision would stop being vilified by the very people who look for them first thing every morning and last thing every night. No one can have it both ways, not us and not them.

Those intimately involved in Caylee's search should certainly include TM, RK and TES. And since the A's have been unusually quiet since Caylee's remains were identified hopefully a public memorial would give them an opportunity to publicly thank them for all they have done. Without an atty acting as a mouth piece for what they may or may not have said themselves.

Will not happen. She did all she could do to prevent searching for that baby. She sees no reason to thank them for doing something she begged them not to do. She sees these people as the root cause of her pain. Not Casey, not the death of Caylee.. but everyone who stuck their nose into this.

She wants a fantasy world, where her daughter did not hurt her g-daughter. Someone took the child. With all the media attention, she can't hide from the lies she herself told. And all she tried to do, to protect her daughter. Which includes trying to prevent folks from searching for that baby.

No, I don't think she will thank anyone. She doesn't realize she should. She is in a different place. It's how she is dealing with it. I hope someday she will come out of it.

No where in my post did I say defamation laws shouldn't apply to the A's. I simply feel this deposition should be done in private, just like the hundreds of other depositions this atty takes every year.

Depositions are recorded, they are done under oath with a court reporter present taking word for word what is said by all parties involved, just like most other legal proceedings. That doesn't mean the public needs to be invited to the deposition itself. Unless this atty informs the media of all the depositions he performs, unless he hold all depositions in a mock court room, I think this family has the same rights as everyone else and shouldn't be expected to perform for this circus event without putting their objection out there.

The reports will be available just like all the rest, I think the media and public can wait those few days to have have their appetite for all things Anthony to be fed.

I am sorry for any pain felt by ZG's family, but that pain was inflicted by KC, not her parents, not her brother. Her atty is entitled to question them by a deposition hearing. This does not give him carte blanche to turn the deposition into a media event. IMO

I may be wrong, but I thought BC was trying to stop their depositions from being made public. I thought that was the purpose for him seeking this order?

Will not happen. She did all she could do to prevent searching for that baby. She sees no reason to thank them for doing something she begged them not to do. She sees these people as the root cause of her pain. Not Casey, not the death of Caylee.. but everyone who stuck their nose into this.

She wants a fantasy world, where her daughter did not hurt her g-daughter. Someone took the child. With all the media attention, she can't hide from the lies she herself told. And all she tried to do, to protect her daughter. Which includes trying to prevent folks from searching for that baby.

No, I don't think she will thank anyone. She doesn't realize she should. She is in a different place. It's how she is dealing with it. I hope someday she will come out of it.

I agree this is where her behavior came from, everything was is entirely too painful for her to contemplate.

I'm hoping the silence from their camp and the reports that they are now questioning KC's involvement is movement in the right direction.

As crazy as Cindy's behavior has seemed to the masses, as much as I disagree with every hurtful thing she has said and done; I understand her. As much as my heart is broken over Caylee's death, my heart also hurts for Cindy who has to live with this tragedy.

The As want privacy when it suits them. Too late, As, you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Put another way, the Pandora's box has your name on it. Although it seems the As have no compunction about asking Tim Miller for all of his records. Yeah, the volunteers aren't entitled to privacy but the As are.

When did George and Cindy as Tim Miller for all his records?

No where in my post do I mention BC or a press conference. Or how I feel about what BC has said.

Those intimately involved in Caylee's search should certainly include TM, RK and TES. And since the A's have been unusually quiet since Caylee's remains were identified hopefully a public memorial would give them an opportunity to publicly thank them for all they have done. Without an atty acting as a mouth piece for what they may or may not have said themselves.

The As have been unusually quiet? They are making, on average, at least 2-3 statements a day through their lawyer, inviting Greta to their home (as though the neighbors have not been inconvenienced enough), holding pressers on their front lawn (probably at least 3 since the remains were found). If they wanted privacy, they should have told BC to either keep quiet, make 1 brief statement in writing, or at the very least, not invite the press to their home.

Given BC threw RK under the bus on Geraldo on Jan. 17th, and the thank you page on Caylee's website does not thank ANYONE (but does ask for donations), I doubt very much RK is welcome or that he'd want to go after the way they attacked him and the misery they have caused him.

I may be wrong, but I thought BC was trying to stop their depositions from being made public. I thought that was the purpose for him seeking this order?

It maybe, but we know he will not be successful.

A deposition is subject to the same laws as all the other docs we have been given access to.

My point was and is the A's should not be treated any differently than anyone else depo'd in this office. As of today, in the eyes of the law they are still only witnesses to this mess. Until that changes by charges filed and guilt ascertained in a court of law, they deserve the same treatment as any other witness. Including not to be depo'd on national TV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back