Who is Hannah Graham?

I keep checking back hoping there has been an update in what's going on in Hannah's case. I thought a lot about her family during the Holidays. I know it had to be so hard. I think of all the families of murdered and missing children. I pray that they can somehow find peace and strength to carry them through. My prayers are for and with them.

I keep checking back hoping there has been an update in what's going on in Hannah's case. I thought a lot about her family during the Holidays. I know it had to be so hard. I think of all the families of murdered and missing children. I pray that they can somehow find peace and strength to carry them through. My prayers are for and with them.

I believe her family knows we care. It may be too much for them to process right now but it still helps on some level. I think about her too...and miss her though I never knew her.

House, Senate approve sexual-assault reporting bills
by Karin Kapsidelis Richmond Times-Dispatch
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:02 pm

[snipped]

"The Senate bill sponsored by Majority Leader Thomas K. Norment Jr., R-James City County, requires public and private, nonprofit institutions to include a prominent notation on the academic transcript of students suspended or expelled for sex offenses."

[snipped]

“That’s what we’re trying to protect against,” Norment said, a reference to Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., who Tuesday was charged with first-degree murder in the death of UVa student Hannah Graham last fall."

[snipped]

Happy birthday, Hannah. Even though you are gone, you are not forgotten. Justice is coming.

JM makes me ill. Hannah should be on this earth celebrating with friends and family. Morgan as well. How I wish he was locked up a long time ago for the two college rapes. Rapists should be jailed for long periods of time--- they don't stop, and this one evolved into a stone cold killer. Too bad those who let him slide under the radar can't be held responsible. IMO, they should be. I pray that Hannah's death is not in vain and people will learn how their actions/lack of action caused at least two people to lose their lives due to their negligence. Sick of it. These young ladies deserved better.

Lit a candle in memory of sweet Hannah Graham's birthday, may she rest in peace and her existence, cut short so cruelly and young, and her love still bring strength, as ever, to her parents, friends and family.

The beautiful girl, Hannah Graham, many good people are so honored to know. Continued thoughts and prayers for her family and all who care for her during this holy Easter and Passover weekend, at the start of the first Spring since I've known her.

via Parker Slaybaugh

Attachments

• Slaybough, Parker FB.png
    Slaybough, Parker FB.png
    575.6 KB · Views: 167
Hike for Hannah:
Friends and Family Honor Hannah Graham

Rob Manch, NBC News at 6, Apr 19, '15 8:34 pm

reports from the event honoring Hannah Graham organized by her friends who said

[...]

"Hannah was very passionate about the outdoors, she loved hiking, so we figured it'd be a nice post-event collective activity that we could do to continue this in a memorial fashion,"

[...]

"That was something that Hannah really liked, using the power tools and all that stuff so we want someone to have that same experience,"

[...]

to raise funds for an Alternative Spring Fund

to sponsor student who like Hannah Graham want to spend vacations working for organizations like Habitat for Humanity.

Hannah Graham Memorial Award Established
NBC 29 / WRIV May 01, '15 5:19 pm

Delia D'Ambra reports from the event

Sue Graham, Hannah's mom spoke of how honored she thinks Hannah would be with an award that reflects her aspirations,

"quite passionate about French, quite passionate about global development."

Hannah's dad, John Graham said

"It's going to be a student who is creative, innovative, resourceful, able to be solution oriented."

Janet Dagenhart speaks with Hannah's friends at UVA one of whom said

"And as one of her friends from the Ski and Snowboarding states 'Hannah was such a giving person that she would be at peace, knowing that she is always giving back."

Attachments

• John and Sue Graham.jpg
    John and Sue Graham.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 97
University announces Hannah Graham Award
Scholarship to help students do public health work in French-speaking, developing country

by Joseph Liss, The Cavalier Daily, May 1, '15, 4:58pm

Dr. Rebecca Dillingham, Director, Center for Global Health, states

"Students’ proposals will include the developing, French-speaking nation in which they would like to work,"

[...]

“We hope and expect that other students will pick up those threads,”...

“I know that the Grahams have indicated that they would like to be involved in and aware of those projects.”

Thank you, Hoosgirl, for all the links and always keeping up. It is much appreciated.

~*~

Memorial Established in Honor of Hannah Graham
Jaclyn Piermarini reports for Newsplex, Fri 6:41 pm,
May 1, '15

“This is our opportunity to create silver lining in the tremendous cloud that Hannah’s fate represented to us,” Graham said.

U-Va. announces award honoring Hannah Graham, the sophomore who was killed last fall
By T. Rees Shapiro, The Washington Post, May 1

"During her two years on campus, Graham took part in a study abroad program to Lyon, France, and a volunteer trip to Tuscaloosa, Ala., to repair homes damaged by tornadoes."

Hannah Graham's Parents Create UVA Fund Honoring Her Passion for French Culture, Global Health
By Emily Shapiro, ABC News

Ms. Shapiro writes

The money is provided by the Hannah Graham Memorial Fund, which was established by the university last year and is supported by the Grahams and their family, according to the UVA news release. The award money could go to more than one student as funding increases, the news release said.

* youtube version

IMG_0527_edit.jpg

"Courtesy: Allen Qiu"

Chalkboard event set for one-year mark of Graham's disappearance
Colleen Quigley, The Charlottesville Newsplex
Thu 1:18 pm, Sep 03 15

Allen Qiu braved ice and snow to climb more than 15,000 feet, but along the way, there was only one thing on his mind.

[...]

In her memory, Qiu and four others decided to complete a series of hikes on four continents. They climbed Kilimanjaro, Patagonia, Matterhorn and Mont Blanc, the mountain on which Graham had set her sights.

"Hannah had loved hiking. She had studied abroad in Lyon, so we had dreamed of going to hike Mont Blanc. So we talked about this, figured in a symbolic measure we would bring her memorial there. That got the ball rolling and we spread the memorial to several other summits,"

[...]

"I always imagined her skiing through the clouds."

~

Chalkboard event set for one-year mark of Graham's disappearance
The Daily Progress staff reports
Tuesday, September 8 '15, 6:50 pm

"On Sunday, Help Save the Next Girl will be chalking the First Amendment Monument on the Downtown Mall to mark one year since the abduction and slaying of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

The event will begin at noon and chalk will be provided."

[...]

I can't believe it's been a year already!

RIP Hannah :rose:

Sept 13 '15  C-Ville Wall Chalked for HG  - Edited.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannah...1448445592073/902698453133737/?type=1&theater

Chalk The Wall For Hannah Graham
Cherney Amhara, CBS19NEWS
Mon 12:01 am, Sep 14 '15

[...]

"This is the place where Hannah was last scene," said Harrington, "it's kind of like coming to ground zero as a place to remind the new students who are in town that there are dangers."

Harrington also says the mural is to thank businesses on the mall, saying without their video footage an arrest may not have happened.

As a few drew, others posted fliers and some tied ribbons, but one constant remained, Hannah Graham.

View attachment 81454

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannah...1448445592073/902698453133737/?type=1&theater

Chalk The Wall For Hannah Graham
Cherney Amhara, CBS19NEWS
Mon 12:01 am, Sep 14 '15

[...]

[SIZE=3[B]]"This is the place where Hannah was last scene," [/B]said Harrington, "it's kind of like coming to ground zero as a place to remind the new students who are in town that there are dangers."

Harrington also says the mural is to thank businesses on the mall, saying without their video footage an arrest may not have happened.

As a few drew, others posted fliers and some tied ribbons, but one constant remained, Hannah Graham.
[/SIZE]

BBM Off topic, I think it kind of sad that reporters now don't use a grammar check along with spell check. How about "This is the place where Hannah was last seen," said Harrington", Thank you for the post FindHG.

BBM Off topic, I think it kind of sad that reporters now don't use a grammar check along with spell check. How about "This is the place where Hannah was last seen," said Harrington", Thank you for the post FindHG.

I'd be the last one to cast that stone. You're welcome.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back