Who is this "Mort"..Guardian of Caylee's Crime Scene Pics??

I am deeply amused by the irony of the autopsy photos being in care of a dude named mort :biglaugh:

So, apparently, with the results of you guys great research into MS, the Defense has this PI, with a dubious background, become part of "the team" with his major project being, so it seems, to investigate RK's past....can you say "pot meet kettle" ???? Having this PI try to dig dirt up on someone else....when the PI has HIS own hinky past??? What a joke....who is the defense trying to kid???

This reminds me of the first time we met DC.....the defense was touting a confirmed picture of Caylee their PI was bringing back from Georgia (??). And a planned news conference to reveal such picture that never happened...

IMO, the defense was never planning on actually using these tapes MS obtained....they haven't updated their witness list to include ANY of these people, MS included. Just another stunt to make their defense appear "official"....like they're actually going to drop that said bombshell at the trial that's gonna make us all understand....Casey's innocence will be "revealed" at the trial.....

ETA : Just my luck, I'll bet the defense witness list will be updated today....LOL

I've been wondering who that guy was! So he's a PI? I thought maybe he was some new lawyer on Casey's team because he sits at or right behind their table at hearings. He sits by and talks to Casey when Jose and Andrea approach the bench. Isn't that kind of weird for a PI to be doing?

Apparently he's the one who interviewed Kronk's ex-wives (I haven't watched those yet.) Kathi Belich asks him why he didn't question them under oath or do background checks on them in this video taken after last Friday's hearing. Kathi calls him Mr. Mortimer several times. It's at the very end of the video.

http://www.wftv.com/video/21935023/index.html

Yep....Kathi reminds me of the little chihuahua that bites someone by the seat of the pants and refuses to let go....gotta love her!!

After googling for more info on "Mort" it looks like someone has uploaded old articles of his. I think this may be from his old site but will have to look. Here is a link to the user page where I found one but the user has uploaded even more than I saw before. Goodie Off to read. Wish me luck.

http://www.scribd.com/hershfan

I am deeply amused by the irony of the autopsy photos being in care of a dude named mort :biglaugh:

How's this for irony?? According to MW dictionary online this is the definition of mort.

Main Entry: 1mort
Pronunciation: \ˈmȯrt\
Function: noun
Etymology: probably alteration of Middle English mot horn note, from Anglo-French, word, horn note — more at mot
Date: circa 1500
1 : a note sounded on a hunting horn when a deer is killed

Irony at its finest, considering his efforts with AL and the anti death penalty.

How's this for irony?? According to MW dictionary online this is the definition of mort.

Main Entry: 1mort
Pronunciation: \ˈmȯrt\
Function: noun
Etymology: probably alteration of Middle English mot horn note, from Anglo-French, word, horn note — more at mot
Date: circa 1500
1 : a note sounded on a hunting horn when a deer is killed

Irony at its finest, considering his efforts with AL and the anti death penalty.

LOL! Well his full name is Mortimer, but what kind of child can go through life without shortening that? No wonder he's a badazz.

A little OT, but I cannot help but wonder if Casey has been shown any of the photos of Caylee - - - Caylee's remains, that is....... anyone here know if that would be protocol???? The defense has the photographs and most (but I don't think ALL) of the "circumstantial evidence" and has for some time now. Thanks in advance you smart folks out there :blushing:

I hope she has seen them at least once, they want to prepare her for what she is going to see at trial; would be a good idea to get that out of the way beforehand.

Yikes, Mort's up at Depaul with AL writing university books for people that want to take a defense investigation course.
Hope he knows what he's doing, cause he teaching others to use his methods! :)

Sorry if someone noted this already...

On Mort's current web page his license # is listed as the one he had in 2004. What gives?
http://web.archive.org/web/*/mortsmith.com
November 2004 Illinois Licensed Private Investigator #115-000975
December 2005 License #117-000719
February 2006 License #117-000719
December 2007 License #117-000719
CURRENT WEB PAGE http://www.mortsmith.com
License #115-000975

I'm not sure if there are various class licenses like in FL. I think in IL there used to be a differentiation between and individual license and one for certain businesses (security companies have to have a principle with a PI license). The ones above have different prefix numbers, maybe they are different type licenses and expire at different rates. I'll see what I can find out.

Is this the same Mort who did the skype'ing from the scene at JBP? If so, this man owns a car dealership and has an old television van with a boom for signal he can raise and lower. The Mort I am thinking of was an intregal part of being on scene from the get go and his broadcasts helped get food to the searchers, as well as brought us up to date info as it was transpiring (like finding toys and a "bone" at JBP). Maybe both sides felt he was a stand up guy, seems a little weird to allow someone who is not a paid member of the court or the team have this much control over such sensitive stuff.

Is this the same Mort who did the skype'ing from the scene at JBP? If so, this man owns a car dealership and has an old television van with a boom for signal he can raise and lower. The Mort I am thinking of was an intregal part of being on scene from the get go and his broadcasts helped get food to the searchers, as well as brought us up to date info as it was transpiring (like finding toys and a "bone" at JBP). Maybe both sides felt he was a stand up guy, seems a little weird to allow someone who is not a paid member of the court or the team have this much control over such sensitive stuff.

I think you are confusing Mort with MURT????

Wasn't Murt the guy who was running the webcam thing from his truck and had Dakota's grandma along for the ride???

On Mort's current web page his license # is listed as the one he had in 2004. What gives?
http://web.archive.org/web/*/mortsmith.com
November 2004 Illinois Licensed Private Investigator #115-000975
December 2005 License #117-000719
February 2006 License #117-000719
December 2007 License #117-000719
CURRENT WEB PAGE http://www.mortsmith.com
License #115-000975

License #117-000719

MORT SMITH INVESTIGATIONS, NOT RENEWED, CHICAGO, IL, Issued 06/24/1993, Expired 08/31/2008.

License #115-000975

MORTIMER SMITH, ACTIVE, Bolingbrook, IL, Issued 03/09/1991, Expires 05/31/2011.

License #117-000719

MORT SMITH INVESTIGATIONS, NOT RENEWED, CHICAGO, IL, Issued 06/24/1993, Expired 08/31/2008.

License #115-000975

MORTIMER SMITH, ACTIVE, Bolingbrook, IL, Issued 03/09/1991, Expires 05/31/2011.

How interesting. One is issued in the city, and expired after 15 years. The other issued in the suburbs and expires after 20 years. Other than the sequence prefix, I'm not sure what the difference is, unless there are armed and unarmed versions. I'd sure want the armed version in the city...

I think you are confusing Mort with MURT????

Wasn't Murt the guy who was running the webcam thing from his truck and had Dakota's grandma along for the ride???

Yep! You are right on! Sorry, I got mort, murt, mart, morphed in my tiny brain. I think I better be careful, there's only so much room up there and if I take in too much more new info . . . . I might just lose my entire childhood.

if you look under this post "List Attorney/Client visits we wish to request/Jail Logs uploaded in post 33 (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)" you can see "MORT" has been visiting her lately.....wonder why?????

if you look under this post "List Attorney/Client visits we wish to request/Jail Logs uploaded in post 33 (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)" you can see "MORT" has been visiting her lately.....wonder why?????

Well, I hope he doesn't think that he's going to get the TRUTH out of her! :laugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back