who is this unidentified young girl? jumped/thrown from vehicle in AZ, 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://truecrimediary.com/home/
I don't know if anyone else has posted this link to the case, but its the first time i read the information that the police know who the couple were in the car with this janedoe, they said they met her in a convenience store, offerred her a ride, and she jumped out of the car....some interesting comparisons there, including the little russian girl, alice....you have to scroll down just a little to get to the post...,.

hey thanks for posting that.. that definitely sheds a bit more light on things. i do think the guy might be lying & the woman might be covering for him... and that the girl felt afraid for some reason and jumped. having a criminal record does not put him in a good light here.
i still am not convinced by any of these pictures... i don't see any that match the facial features completely.. (although faces do change as people mature). i still have a strong hunch she is not 100& caucasian... she looks to me to be biracial.. maybe white with 1/4 hispanic or black, or maybe she is mediterranean.. french or french canadian. there is something about her features and skin tone that don't seem to be a 100% match with any of these pics. she has a more olive-y complexion, and her hair isn't light blonde.. it's more a dirty brown-blonde... (assuming that no one has changed their hair color here)...
but i wish LE would have given more information about what she said to the couple. did she talk much? what did she say? what was her mood like? did she seem anxious, upset, innocent, jaded.. did she appear to be trying to escape something, or like she was just drifting? did she have an ACCENT....?? did she seem intelligent?? etc.

i still have a strong hunch she is not 100& caucasian... she looks to me to be biracial.. maybe white with 1/4 hispanic or black, or maybe she is mediterranean.. french or french canadian.

Lol, I'm from Maine and know many French Canadians, they look no different than other white people from northern European stock, I have yet to meet one who'd have olive skin. The majority of those I know actually have blue eyes and very light skin. Their ancestors came from northern France, especially Normandy and Flanders where people are of Celtic and Germanic stock, not Mediterranean. They have been in North America since the 1600's so occasionally some will have darker features inherited from a distant Native forebear but those are no more or no less common than here.

People from France itself are usually not that dark either but that depends on which area of France they are from or where their family originated from elsewhere in Europe. Since the 1700's France has seen a steady flow of political refugees from all over Europe and has become somewhat of a melting pot (that partially explains why so many French people have German or Italian names, another reason is France having invaded their original homelands) so there is no real physical "French type" (as opposed to Irish type, Nordic type or Mexican type for example), some feature that would be shared by a majority of French people. They are really a mixed bag now, but when the first French people immigrated to North America they came from areas where the ethnic stock was practically the same as that of southern England.

Back to the unknown girl now. Personally I think she is Caucasian but that bruising and swelling on her face gives her the appearance of having more exotic features. This being said there may that hint of Oriental features that is often found on Russian or Ukrainian people, a legacy of Genghis Kahn's armies I assume. This wouldn't necessarily mean she's the missing girl from Russia, after all there are many people of Ukrainian descent in the US.

Hi, Michelle here, the writer of the True Crime Diary post. Just wanted to add that when I talked to the detective about this case I asked if there was ever a mention of Jane Doe having an accent and he said no. That said, I did get the feeling that they weren't totally satisfied with the information they got from the couple.

michelle - when was the last time they spoke with the couple? When you talked to the detective, did he mention anything at all the couple told him that the girl said? She must have said a few words - this is sooooo frustrating!!!!

this is another one of those cases that is driving me crazy. I just can't believe nobody has claimed this girl. One thing I would like to add is it seems like her lips are swollen from the accident and weren't really that big when she was alive. I wish they could do another compostite with a smaller bottom lip....

I think that she is under 18, probably closer to 15. Although it says that she has plucked brows, my sisters brows are gorgeous and perfectly arched and she has never plucked them. Out of the three girls posted at the True crime site, the only one I think she resembles is the Russian girl. The chin and nose are very close.

Everyone needs to remember this is an autopsy photo. It can be very decieving.

Also, as for her hair (AZ Jane Doe) ....her hair is listed as "blonde hair with brown roots"...so her hair is brown but dyed blonde.

http://truecrimediary.com/home/
I don't know if anyone else has posted this link to the case, but its the first time i read the information that the police know who the couple were in the car with this janedoe, they said they met her in a convenience store, offerred her a ride, and she jumped out of the car....some interesting comparisons there, including the little russian girl, alice....you have to scroll down just a little to get to the post...,.

Thanks for the link...I have never seen this article.

It mentions Jessie Kay Peters...was her body ever found?? (Off to research that)

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=817080&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

I found this, through a link, but when I go to missingkids.com I can't find her when searching....also, I am so busy at work today, was out sick yesterday :( Having trouble getting time to research this. I will try to look more into it today, if someone else finds anything on Jessie Peters, please post :)

ETA
The Daily Breeze – July 14, 2006

Former Hermosa girl was 'most innocent of victims'

Jessie Kay Peters was 14 years old when she disappeared in 1996. Recently, her family learned she had been brutally raped and killed.

By Larry Altman
Daily Breeze

For 10 years, Jessie Kay Peters' whereabouts remained a mystery. The blond-haired, blue-eyed girl who spent her first 12 years of life in Hermosa Beach vanished March 29, 1996. She was just 14. "She didn't take any clothes," said her aunt, Charylene McCain. "She didn't take anything with her."

Family members circulated fliers and posted Jessie's photograph on national Web sites. Her mother, convinced that Jessie ran away, held out hope. But some family members suspected the worst. "I thought maybe she might be alive out there somewhere," said her grandmother, Claire Arvanetes. "I always had that hope she would some day come back. (But) I just knew somebody took her against her will."

For a decade, there were no clues in Jessie's disappearance. And then, as a gruesome murder trial unfolded in recent months for a man and a woman charged with killing another teenage girl in Riverside County, Jessie's family learned what happened to her in graphic, horrifying detail.

Prosecutors believe Jessie died the same day she vanished. Evidence revealed that the couple kidnapped Jessie, raped and killed her for sexual gratification, dismembered her body and dumped her remains off Dana Point, Riverside County Deputy District Attorney Michael Rushton said. "The evidence is very compelling that they killed Jessie Peters," Rushton said. "This girl was simply chosen out of the blue. This little girl did nothing. She was essentially lured way from her home under a false pretense and held captive and murdered.

"She is the most innocent of victims." Prosecutors believe Michael Forrest Thornton, 50, and Janeen Marie Snyder, 26, targeted Jessie as part of a sexual obsession with teenage girls. She is believed to be their first victim, at least the first one prosecutors know about, Rushton said.

Convicted pair worked as a team

Thornton and Snyder were convicted in March of torturing and killing Michelle Curran, a 16-year-old girl who disappeared April 4, 2001, on her way to school in Las Vegas. Curran's nude body was found April 22, 2001, in a horse trailer in Rubidoux in Riverside County. Ligature marks on her wrists and ankles revealed she had been strapped to harnesses and equestrian equipment before she was shot once in the head.

Thornton and Snyder, prosecutors said at trial, worked as a team, luring young girls, feeding them drugs and having sex with them. Two young women -- 14 and 15 years old at the time -- testified that the couple also tortured and sexually assaulted them.

Rushton said in an interview that the couple held Curran captive in the trailer for 14 days, then killed her as part of a sexual fantasy. "They are heinous criminals," the prosecutor said. "They are sexual deviants."

Jessie apparently met the same fate as Curran, prosecutors now believe. During the trial's penalty phase, a psychiatric expert who examined Snyder testified the woman told her she lured Jessie away from her Glendora home at Thornton's direction, Rushton said. "They held her at gunpoint and took her up to Lake Arrowhead, where they handcuffed her to a bed," Rushton said. "Thornton raped her, and they drowned her (in a bathtub), dismembered her and disposed of her in the ocean."

Thornton's former wife, Pamela Bibens, testified during the trial that she overheard her husband discussing how to dispose of a young girl's body parts. Bibens said she heard Thornton say he killed the girl and cut up her body. Bibens told the jury she and Thornton lived in a Lake Arrowhead mobile home. Her husband told her to go into her bedroom and "don't come out whatever you hear," according to trial coverage in the Riverside Press-Enterprise.

Bibens said she later heard her husband and Snyder talk about how long it took for the girl to drown, and how to weigh down body parts. The girl was Jessie, whose mother, Cheryl Peters, had worked for Thornton as a beautician in one of his hair salons. Thornton and Bibens owned a chain, The Fixx, with locations in the San Gabriel Valley and the Inland Empire. Snyder, a troubled friend of Thornton's daughter, moved in with the family.

Jessie lived with aunts in the South Bay and attended Hermosa Valley School, but wanted to live with her mother in Glendora. At 12, she moved. Two years later, she was gone. "We were hoping and praying she would call and come home," said her aunt, Candance Garcia. "We couldn't figure out what happened to her. It was so frustrating. I prayed and asked God, 'Bring her home. We want her back.' There was no word."

Time passed. In 2001, prosecutor Rushton and investigator Larry Lansford began looking into the Curran murder. They heard rumors of the death of another girl, one whose mother had worked for Thornton.

'What an evil thing to do'

Jessie's family learned the details about Jessie's slaying toward the end of the five-month trial. "I was shocked. I was mortified. I felt pain in my heart because of what they did to her," said Jessie's grandmother, Arvanetes. "How horrible those people were. What an evil thing to do." "I think if I didn't have God in my life, I don't think I would be able to handle it," said Garcia, Jessie's aunt.

McCain described her niece as a wonderful kid who loved her older brother, Robert, and going to school. "I went to her class at Hermosa Valley. Her desk was separated from all the rest of the kids," McCain said. "She was smiling really big. I said, 'Why are you here?' She said, 'Because I was bugging all the kids.' "

Her grandmother recalls attending church, taking walks and reading the Bible together. "I remember she loved flowers. She loved animals. She loved fireflies. She loved being with me," Arvanetes said. "She was very beautiful and very attractive."

Glendora police Sgt. Ted Groszewski said his department, which took the original missing person report, will meet soon with Riverside County investigators to discuss the evidence against Thornton and Snyder in Jessie's case. Glendora detectives will review the case with the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office to determine whether murder charges will be filed.

Some of Jessie's family members will speak Oct. 24, when Thornton and Snyder are sentenced in Riverside County court. A jury recommended in May that Thornton and Snyder receive the death penalty. Rushton said the testimony about Jessie helped persuade jurors to choose death. "We just feel such sorrow for the family of Jessie Peters," Rushton said. "They were completely victimized. It's obvious they suffered a great deal."

Knowing they will never see Jessie again, her family members Saturday will hold a memorial service at the Covina Assembly of God Church. Charles Biller, the church's pastor, said he will offer encouragement and comfort. "The girl was a Christian. She had been a member of the church two years prior to the incident," Biller said. "They have that assurance and comfort knowing that she is with the Lord."

Family members later will pray and release doves from a boat off Dana Point. "There is some closure in some way," Garcia said. "At least we know now what happened. "For me, I have more peace about it. I know that we are all destined for not this life anyway. We are all going to die and we are all going to be in heaven if we have Jesus in our heart.

"There's no way, without the Lord in our life, I could have a peace like this knowing what happened."

Hermosa Beach News

OK, People, does this mean they NEVER recovered her body??????

After reading this article, I have so many questions. Did the police ever go to the conveniece store to check out the couple's story? Has her picture ever been posted at the store? Surely if it was true, someone would have remembered this girl hanging around. Did they check out the stores surveillance video? Have they interviewed the woman again? Maybe, if she is no longer together with the man, she may be willing to tell the truth. Was there any evidence of the girl being sexually assaulted? Did they check for DNA underneath her fingernails? Did the man have any scratches on his body or any indication that he had been involved in a struggle?

All good questions, and I had those and a million more when I talked to the detective. He was really pleasant but to be honest I got the sense that this is a very cold case, meaning it was not at all on his mind and he couldn't recall much without the file in front of him (it was difficult to track him down and when he did call back he didn't have that particular cold case file in front of him). Here's what I can tell you - they are suspicious of the couple but don't have enough to charge them with, man did have a record but detective couldn't remember exactly what for, Jane Doe was alleged to have said very little and did not give her name, no accent mentioned, when I asked if in his opinion she was closer to 13 or 18 he said 18. Where she fell, or was pushed, is very near a large reservation and I asked if they thought there was any connection there and the answer was "no."

I'm waiting for a call back from someone who is allegedly more involved on a day to day basis with the case, so I'll let everyone know if I find out more. Frustrating case.

What about her clothes. There is no mention or pics of what she had on. And the broach that it shows in the composite, was she actually wearing that?

if they call you please find out even what little the girl said - whatever few words it may be......hopefully this person willhave the case file in front - is there anyway to get anything from the file sent to you? emailed - faxed, anything? when he thought she was closer to eighteen does that mean he saw her while she was still alive or right after she died? what about the hospital where she was taken? questions questions.....and never any answers....grrrr...

thank you so much though for sharing what you do know...its more than we've found anywhere else!!!!

Karl K. you are right about the French in Canada.. I just thought it might be a slight possibility. And I also agree that a person's looks in the post-mortem state- and autopsy photos- can be deceiving. Justice-- Great question, did they check the girl for signs of a struggle (including her fingernails?) probably hard to tell since she fell from a moving vehicle... but you never know. Also.. great idea about trying to talk to the woman to see if she is still with the guy. If she is not, it would be VERY interesting to see what she has to say now! It could be very different...

Karl K. you are right about the French in Canada.. I just thought it might be a slight possibility.

It remains a possibility, she could be French Canadian just as well as from anywhere in North America. Unfortunately it is often impossible to tell if someone is from Canada unless they tell you because they have no obvious accent, they talk like Kiefer Sutherland or Dan Ackroyd. Some French Canadians have an accent but it can be mistaken for a regional North American English accent, it doesn't sound like a European French accent at all.

Even if she didn't talk that much to the couple I think they would have noticed a foreign accent, so I tend to think she was either from the US or Canada.

POST 190 OK, People, does this mean they NEVER recovered her body??????

Please read my post #190...it's like y'all just 'stepped right over it'..am I misunderstanding this article? The body was not found? Could this doe be her? Or am I just missing something?????

Please read my post #190...it's like y'all just 'stepped right over it'..am I misunderstanding this article? The body was not found? Could this doe be her? Or am I just missing something?????

If you're referring to Jessie the article seems to be saying that her body was cut up and disposed of in the ocean.

If you're referring to Jessie the article seems to be saying that her body was cut up and disposed of in the ocean.

That is what the criminals said. How can it be known for sure? That is what I was asking did I miss something? Did they recover her body/parts/any evidence?

I don't think that Jessie Peters is the unidentified Princes Doe from Pinal County. But, the descriptions are extremely similar. In addition, it was reportedly a couple who had Princess Doe in their car. Michael Forrest Thornton, 50, and Janeen Marie Snyder, 26 committed known murders of girls with very similar descriptions in both 1996 and April of 2001. What were they doing in between, I wonder? Is it possible that they also abducted Princess Doe from Pinal county?

A couple consisting of a man and a younger woman may not have been on the radar for police at that time. They may not have focused on them and instead possibly believed them. Had it been two men that had her in their car before she jumped or was pushed LE may have investigated more thoroughly. If it were a man and a woman old enough to have had a daughter the age of Princess Doe they may even looked further in case that couple were the parents of the young girl/woman.

How can we find out more about the couple that last saw Princess Doe before sh jumped/was pushed from that car? If I learn that it was an older man with a younger woman, I will become very interested.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member