Who was George Brody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Doe Network was ever asked to post George Brody on their IUD pages? They do have a few listings that are kind of similar to the Brody story...such as this one for an example:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/454umoh.html

What do we need to do to have him listed...(if he wasn't already turned down.)

Of all of the things that Brody said he was, what do you guys actually believe? As several of you stated, he probably stretched the truth on most everything...Like instead of being a boxer, he might have got punched out, and instead of a politician he was probably the vice president of his astronomy club. He seemed pretty adamant on being a "Leo", so maybe his birthday was really August 15th...or maybe his name was Leo...

I found another good GB candidate, his unusual last name is the same as Maureen (Evelyn Waneks niece) 1st husbands sir name, His Birthday is 8-15-15 and his WWII registration records say he was 5'4" 140 pounds and single at age 26. we'll see if I get a bite with my rootsweb posts.

Does anyone know if Doe Network was ever asked to post George Brody on their IUD pages? They do have a few listings that are kind of similar to the Brody story...such as this one for an example:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/454umoh.html

What do we need to do to have him listed...(if he wasn't already turned down.)

That sounds like a good idea!

According to their site, here are the requirements:

The victim died prior to or during the year 2005 in North America, Australia, or Europe
The case is filed with a law enforcement agency
A reconstructed image or a picture of the victim is available. Lacking that, we also feature pictures of tattoos, clothing or victim's possessions.

Was info about Brody ever filed with a law enforcement agency? In the case referenced above (Joseph Newton Chandler), his estate was being settled and it was discovered that he had stolen someone's identity.

ETA: It does also say "In exceptional circumstances, cases are added without a specific request from Law Enforcement."

Our Canadian friend Nancy has posted inquiries about George Brody on Craigslist in San Francisco, New York, Philadelphia and Massachusetts. I had a thought the other day that he might have had some chiropractic training because of a thing he did to my neck once before he became so deeply involved with running George Waters' life...you know, that thing they do which makes your neck crack (actually, it gives me the creeps to think about it now.) I suppose it's a long shot that he might actually have used his own name at some chiropractic school, but so far all our other queries haven't led us to anything much.

the thing with the neck, and the fact that he was in SF and the bay area during the 60s- 70s, also makes me think of my friends who have alternative healing training, in Shiatsu, and ayurevedic, and other sorts of practices, incorporated into general practice around that time in those more 'liberal and accepting places' at the time. Brody was 'astrological' to say the least, perhaps it was a technique from another alternative practice also?

the thing with the neck, and the fact that he was in SF and the bay area during the 60s- 70s, also makes me think of my friends who have alternative healing training, in Shiatsu, and ayurevedic, and other sorts of practices, incorporated into general practice around that time in those more 'liberal and accepting places' at the time. Brody was 'astrological' to say the least, perhaps it was a technique from another alternative practice also?
Doogie, did you mention Brody's name when you wrote the Gearson Institute in San Diego?

Doogie, did you mention Brody's name when you wrote the Gearson Institute in San Diego?

I did not because I assume that they could not talk about Brody based on "doctor/patient priviledge". Wanek, as a possible associate of the Institute, would not be covered by any such priviledge.

I have been rereading the older parts of the forum, and it is bringing up some questions. I wanted to know if Doogie or Annasmom could specifically address the exact date that the large bank acct. still held by the state, was opened? The date might be critical in the research

I have been rereading the older parts of the forum, and it is bringing up some questions. I wanted to know if Doogie or Annasmom could specifically address the exact date that the large bank acct. still held by the state, was opened? The date might be critical in the research

Bank of America (who may be the spawn of Satan) was extremely unhelpful when I tried to get any information about this box. They claimed that no records were kept for such abandoned accounts - something that I find highly unlikely considering the requirements that financial institutions have on their record keeping. Currently, I am at a stalemate on this issue.

LOL, I agree with the spawn statement! However, if AMW or any press brought this mystery story to light, by big press from the book or otherwise, I think they might sing a different tune. Telling them that this case is becoming large and public, perhaps they would be 'champions' of information! grrrr

I thought it was cash in the box, are you saying it was actually a bank account?

get le assigned to annas case to hound them for the info say u believe the records of this box hold important info

I have been searching the net, but can't find anything...does anyone know if the armed services posts a "list" of missing AWOL soldiers? I've often thought that maybe Brody was worse than an WWII draft doger, but maybe an AWOL soldier who compleately changed his identiy rather than face the stiff charges (of that era) of running away.

I thought it was cash in the box, are you saying it was actually a bank account?

You are correct - I was impercise in my description. It was cash in a safe deposit box. It is the paperwork for the rental of the safe deposit box that they are unwilling or unable to produce. Such a application ought to include a social security number and next of kin - two things that we are VERY interested in uncovering for Brody.

You are correct - I was impercise in my description. It was cash in a safe deposit box. It is the paperwork for the rental of the safe deposit box that they are unwilling or unable to produce. Such a application ought to include a social security number and next of kin - two things that we are VERY interested in uncovering for Brody.

cant you talk to le about having them look into the box and getting the info they need banks when confronted by le have to give out that info

cant you talk to le about having them look into the box and getting the info they need banks when confronted by le have to give out that info
Smile, the box was opened long ago; we found out about the money because it was listed in unclaimed property under George Brody's name. We were informed that any papers in the box itself would have been destroyed. Local Law Enforcement is underfunded, understaffed and overworked, and I don't think we'd have a hope of getting them to act on something like this. We just have to see what we can find out on our own, and if we come up with anything like hard evidence one way or the other, then LE will work with us.

A-HA!!!

I have uncovered additional information about George Brody. I can now place him living in Oakland as early as 1936 from the Voter Register records, near where the safe deposit box was uncovered. And to be a registered voter in 1936, he would have needed to be at least 21 years old, which makes his birth year - at the latest - 1915 (not 1923 as claimed).

He lists his profession as "salesman" in 1936. He then lists his profession as "Jr. Research Assistant" from 1938 through Novermber of 1944. Based on this, we can assume that he did not serve in the military during World War II. Also, Margaret Kukoda is not listed as living at the same addresses as Brody, so they must have met later. This also eliminates the possibility that Brody came west with Margaret during the War and that they knew each other in Pennsylvania.

One point for anyone who wants to follow up on this: there is a second George Brody who was living in San Francisco during roughly this same time period. His wife's name is Margaret, but they are not our Brody and Kukoda - this Margaret is twenty years older than Kukoda and was living in San Francisco when Kukoda was still in Pennsylvania. Just to make matters more confusing, both Margaret's were born in New Jersey. ARRGGHH!!!

A-HA!!!

I have uncovered additional information about George Brody. I can now place him living in Oakland as early as 1936 from the Voter Register records, near where the safe deposit box was uncovered. And to be a registered voter in 1936, he would have needed to be at least 21 years old, which makes his birth year - at the latest - 1915 (not 1923 as claimed).

He lists his profession as "salesman" in 1936. He then lists his profession as "Jr. Research Assistant" from 1938 through Novermber of 1944. Based on this, we can assume that he did not serve in the military during World War II. Also, Margaret Kukoda is not listed as living at the same addresses as Brody, so they must have met later. This also eliminates the possibility that Brody came west with Margaret during the War and that they knew each other in Pennsylvania.

One point for anyone who wants to follow up on this: there is a second George Brody who was living in San Francisco during roughly this same time period. His wife's name is Margaret, but they are not our Brody and Kukoda - this Margaret is twenty years older than Kukoda and was living in San Francisco when Kukoda was still in Pennsylvania. Just to make matters more confusing, both Margaret's were born in New Jersey. ARRGGHH!!!

Very interesting. I remember doing a complete genealogical study on the other George and Margaret Brody about a year ago. I posted a lot of info about it here. He was a Shipyard worker in 1920's PA. He and his wife moved to SF CA between the 20's and 30's. In SF (30 census) he was listed as a Hardware store merchant, no children. Matter of fact I e-mailed a couple old hardware stores asking if they remembered him...LOL. :) I thought at one time that he *might* be our George, and either divorced, she died, or just left his wife for MK...though I eventually found (what I think are) his death records.

I was checking the voter registration for CA last week, (I was thrilled to see it added to ancestry.com) but couldn't find any registration for Margaret Kukoda. I'll have to look for Brody again, since it doesn't list birth dates, I was unsure if any were actually him, the salesman part made me think it was the other GB who was born in 1890. (IIRC)

ETA: Oh, I see I didn't scroll down far enough to see SF county...hummm

So as early as 1936, his real name was George Brody? How do you know this is the right guy this time? Just curious if we are following the right dude again, lol

So as early as 1936, his real name was George Brody? How do you know this is the right guy this time? Just curious if we are following the right dude again, lol

I am basing the ID on the fact that two of the addresses are very close to where we know Brody had the safe deposit box. The box was at a Bank of America at 1955 San Pablo Ave. This Brody lived both two blocks to the north and four blocks to the south of this bank. Also, this GB was single and living in small residence hotels, just like our GB. It also explains why GB would be banking in Oakland while living in San Francisco.

You bring up a good point about his name. Since he seems to have been using the Brody name as early as 1936 and even was registered to vote under that name, it may very well be that George Brody is, in fact, his real name.

A couple of the (admittedly questionable) factoids that we know about Brody was that he was from Pennsylvania and that he was involved in politics. I found a man named listed as George "Brody" Fox who was a politician in Pennsylvania. However, he is listed as living in PA during this same period that this GB was living in Oakland. I believe that the Oakland GB is our guy, but if he is not, then Fox is somebody that deserves greater scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph