Who would "stash" Kyron for Terri...

Terri seems pretty prolific when it comes to posting online. She appears to be rather naive regarding protecting her online privacy --- and that of her kids (as an example, note what she included on her FB and how long it took for her to make it private). She also seems quite willing to talk about private matters to others; I never really got the impression that any of these 'friends' were particularly close or knew her all that well. In fact, the whole thing has a jr-high feel about it. So with that level of naivete and immaturity I can see where there is a possibility Terri put him at risk through her actions or people she may have been associated or involved with; she may not have been the one to physically remove Kyron from the school, but I believe it does come back to her in some manner.

I know it has happened and that it is not unrealistic that some people might do this. I guess I can't for the life of me understand how you would think you can get away with it ya know?

The only time that I gave any consideration to this type of scenario was when Desiree and Kaine were interviewed by various news agencies on June 25. Kyron's mother said something to the effect that "they didn't think that he (Kyron) would have been gone this long" or that "we never thought that it would get to this point" (Kyron being gone for 3 weeks). Desiree's comments sounded as if she (or she and Kaine) had an inkling of where Kyron might be and and with whom, but they never expected that this individual would keep the boy away for such a long time. jmo

Oh I forgot about that comment...but did think it was weird at the time:waitasec:

I am newbie and have not reviewed all the information here so excuse me if this is redundant. Why was the FBI brought in so quickly; and what requirements are there for bringing in the FBI (ie kidnapping, moving across state lines, countries, etc...if any)? I have not seen this covered in the media or any other site. Just curious because it seems the FBI was brought in quickly.

Links to posts about this (can't copy them, sorry)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5265990&postcount=478"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5289457&postcount=703"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #13[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5298184&postcount=65"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17[/ame]

http://www.fbi.gov/card/

The part that especially does not work for me, in this theory, is that the FBI can't find this person. If it was anyone related to Terri, I have to think they have all been looked at pretty carefully when she came under microscope.

It's not so much who would do it, but who could still be getting away with it.

And contrary to what Kaine said, I find it almost impossible to believe that any investigation such as this did not include examining the Hormans' computers. That would show a lack of incompetence that would be hard to comprehend. I feel pretty certain they could have obtained search warrants for computers after a week or two of a child being missing, from everything I have read on search warrants.

No one sane would stash Kyron for Terri.

Someone criminal or insane or both would take him out from under her and she'd never realize it. JHMO

I can almost just imagine Terri, completely unawares, talking to the perp about Kyron and the science fair. *shudders*

Terri seems pretty prolific when it comes to posting online. She appears to be rather naive regarding protecting her online privacy --- and that of her kids (as an example, note what she included on her FB and how long it took for her to make it private). She also seems quite willing to talk about private matters to others; I never really got the impression that any of these 'friends' were particularly close or knew her all that well. In fact, the whole thing has a jr-high feel about it. So with that level of naivete and immaturity I can see where there is a possibility Terri put him at risk through her actions or people she may have been associated or involved with; she may not have been the one to physically remove Kyron from the school, but I believe it does come back to her in some manner.

I have someone on my FB like that. She friends everyone and posts all kinds of way personal stuff. All. Day. Long. It astounds me. (she is on my friends list on the premise of keeping friends close, enemies closer. Not exactly an enemy, but someone we do know in real life.) But her total disregard of privacy is amazing in this day and age. This woman has her grown children on her FB, also she friends a lot of their friends. And comments on just about everything anyone on her list posts.

Just today she posted the most amazingly stupid and racist thing on one of her kids' friend's wall, she has been called out on it and so far hasn't answered (I keep checking). I know she thinks she is a very smart woman (not) and may not understand the challenge - I think they will have to spell it out for her. Sorry to go OT.

I know it has happened and that it is not unrealistic that some people might do this. I guess I can't for the life of me understand how you would think you can get away with it ya know?

You know, I always wonder that. I think that criminals always think they are smarter than others and LE. It must be part of the criminal mind set.

It's not so much who would do it, but who could still be getting away with it.

Given the number of unsolved crimes in this country, I'm starting to think it's the luck of the draw and/or pure stupidity that gets someone caught.

RC, becoming cynical

... but I can't see an accomplice doing this for anyone for this length of time...

(respectfully snipped by me)

I wonder- could someone have been blackmailed into doing this for her?? That could explain a lot. They wouldn't bring him back right away and the family would be after TH to 'cooperate' with police. LE would also have no problem with the other students returning to school-isolated incident.

MOO

I (as everyone else) want him to be alive & hopefully found... so I will go with the thought someone has taken him to get back at Terri for whatever reason. Or a mentally challenged individual has him.

Well, my question was who would stash him FOR Terry...

I wasn't really thinking of a psycho who took him to punish Terry...because I do believe that Terry was the last person to see Kyron on that day...so with the stashing theory, she would have had to give him to someone after leaving the school.

I don't think that Terry and whoever this fictional (probably) accomplice is are BOTH smarter than the FBI, MCSO, et al...

I wasn't really thinking of a psycho who took him to punish Terry...because I do believe that Terry was the last person to see Kyron on that day...so with the stashing theory, she would have had to give him to someone after leaving the school.

I don't think that Terry and whoever this fictional (probably) accomplice is are BOTH smarter than the FBI, MCSO, et al...

I'm sorry cluciano - FOR being the key word... sorry. I don't think anyone would stash him FOR Terry. I think it's time cheewawa takes her big bohunkus to bed - she's obviously having issues with her eyeballs:waitasec:

This is what's frying my brain.I can understand her saying everything is alright no problems,I've seen that in other women who have to make everything appear normal or perfect.But a stay at home Mom with no income,who would risk going to jail or be close enough to her to change thier life?Anyone who is keeping him is having to stay at home,can't go anywhere.If there was abuse,wouldn't she have gotten her child out of there or if she didn't want to keep Kyron,tell Desiree so she'd take him?

If she was doing this to get money from the school,because a child was taken from thier care,wouldn't that have been her and Kaine?She couldn't have done the missing child thing alone.Why would she risk having her daughter,that she's obsessed with btw,taken from her?If she did this to get back at Kaine for her son having to leave,why not just leave and move back in with her family?

It's just odd to me that this is the second time around this is happening in Kaine's life,but tables were turned,Desiree had a 7 year old and pregnant with Kyron getting a RO against him.I just can't understand the logic in any of these scenarios.Kyron isn't her child,even if she left,Desiree and Kaine have joint custody.And if divorce wasn't in the picture before this,the divorce right now is making no sense,seperation yes,but divorce,don't think so.

BBM

Yeah, I know. I guess my posts are a round-about way of saying I believe if she was involved, she either took him herself or put him at risk through her actions. I don't see someone stashing Kyron for Terri.

The only thing I can think of is if he was given to someone or he was sold and I have very sadly thought of that.

even in Shaniya Davis's case the outcome was very sad.Also possibly illegal adoption ?

I am starting to think this.

I wasn't thinking along these lines at all previously (and still don't think it's the case here), but this recent comment about his being alive made me think of an Elizabeth Johnson/craigslist type handoff. Especially since TH seems to be a regular web surfer. I wonder if the only way she was able to have a relationship with KaH was to live in a constant state of suppressed emotions, since he appears to be hyper-controlling, and unable to contain it any longer and/or provoked to revenge, she blew the only safe way she knew how, indirectly and silently, by responding to some sick online ad in order to remove Kyron or personally carrying out a "permanent" solution, which is what I think really happened.

I believe she did take him or at the least knows things,both LE and family believe that from what I'm getting,but I can't figure out why she would have done it.

I also have in the back of my mind the officer saying Kaine's brother's arrest is part of this investigation.But,he's in jail.

The FBI was bought in quickly, IIRC, because this was a child of tender years who was missing from a public school.

Here's what the FBI has to say about their involvement in crimes against children:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/kidnap.htm

Having personal experience with the lack of resolution with a Portland Criminal Case, and the complete lackadaisical way it was handled...I had hopes the the Sheriff's department would be better. I think they knew they were in over their head pretty early.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back