Why are her parents coddling Casey?

From The Rev. grund http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=85212505&blogID=432783107

Casey has turned out exactly the ONLY way she could have turned out. She's never been held responsible for her actions. She has had her mistakes and the harm she's done others covered up and excused. Accountability has never been a part of her life. The common term we hear about Casey from close friends and family is that everyone knew she had "issues". Issues left unchecked, untreated and allowed to fester. Issues that were red flags a long time ago and should have been dealt with once Caylee was born. And, they weren't.

Casey is a messed up, broken person. I've been around her, her family and know enough about her life to know that the way she has turned out is a product of her environment. Add to that the possibility of drugs and peers who encouraged her slide into darkness and we are where we are.

but I am angry at the environment that allowed this to take place. Casey wanted to change, wanted to be different and to have a better life. I know because I heard her say it and I saw the desire in her eyes. But she could not sustain it, had no one to encourage it and followed a path someone else set before her. It seems to me that her life has spiraled downward into darkness to where we are now.

He really speaks volumes about the Anthony family. This is not your average family, sorting out and dealing with bumps in the road. This family CREATES the bumps and has no clue how to deal.

please...this guy was played. Psychopaths don't want help, it's just another Casey scam. From what little i know of Cindy it seems to me she didn't excuse, she called the cops....lots of times! I have seen no evidence Casey's issues are their fault. None.

I really don't think they will crack. I think they will become more and more violent rather than admit the truth. I agree that Cindy knew Casey was not a good person, but she did nothing about it. A counselor told her to get custody of Caylee. Did she make any moves to do that? Did she file any court papers? Or did she ignore it in favor of letting Casey rule the roost? I suspect she did the latter or threatened Casey with it, which is what might have led to the leaving of the house.

All of this Monday morning quarter backing is getting old. I am quite certain no one saw this coming!!!!

I also haven't really seen anything that would be proof that Casey's parents caused this. They are acting bizarre now, but they think they're protecting Casey from the death penalty most likely. I'm convinced that not all sociopaths are "made" by their parents. Some, of course, but not all. Casey had a great life. A vehicle, a nice home, both parents, a history of school success with cheerleading and honor roll, and plenty of support. ALL she had to do was work and live a normal life. She is not so delusional or insane that, being a grown woman, she couldn't have went for counseling or medication completely on her own if she felt that she couldn't cope.

I am of the opinion that Casey constant lying caused the disfunction in this family. I do not believe the family caused Casey's disfunction.

:liar:
My son is becoming a fine man now, but when he was younger, he developed the habit of lying. Lying is something that I have long dispised. Although, in many or most cases he was caught and repremanded for his actions, there came a time when I just couldn't keep up. He chose to lie about things that were inconsequential. He would lye before I asked him about things, so that I would be thrown off ahead of time. I really wound up so caught in this chasm that I didn't know what the heck was going on. It made no sense to me for him to tell me so many lies, as he was fairly disciplined, no hitting, I didn't ground him forever, etc. I followed through with the punishments he was given. I was very consistent. I finally told him that I felt like I was trapped in a dark room and was about to be hit with a baseball bat. I didn't know when I was going to be hit or where, but i knew it was coming. I finally got to the point where I quit asking him questions. I didn't believe a word that he said. What I really knew about my son, at that time, I learned from others.

There was great disfunction in my house during that time. I, however, was not the cause. As a young man, now, he has great remorse for the choices he made during that time. He shamed himself, and showed great disrespect for me. He says that he doesn't even know why he did it. I think he so much wanted to be a certain type of person, but didn't want to do the work that came with it. (I hope that make sense).

I never gave up on my son. He had a 10pm curfew during the week, and could go out one night on the weekend until 12. I made my decisions based upon what I saw with my own eyes to be true. I know that he does not lie to me now. I, however, do not force him into a situation that he might be tempted to lie.

I know I have rambled on a little here. Please excuse me for that. This was a very difficult time in my life. :confused:

My point is that I think Casey's lying caused the problems in the family. I do not believe that family problems caused Casey to lie. JMO

I have seen several young people have real problems resulting in jail. In EVERY case, the parents allowed their bad behavior from the time they were small. If kids are not taught any responsibility for their actions when young then you can forget it when they become teenagers. At that point the parents no longer have any real control over them, the time to teach right from wrong is past. The Anthony's have become their own worst enemies. Not only do they still allow Casey to do whatever she wants while they cover for her, the Anthony's actions are helping to turn the public against Casey. The same public that will be her jurors one day. If they really want to help their daughter why don't they obtain a therapist for Casey and to advise them on how to deal with her?

Parents aren't loving their teen unless they do put limits on them and enforce those limits.

I remember, when I was a kid, PROVOKING my folks, on the rare occasion, to see where the limits were.

My dad told me that if I ran in the street, I'd get spanked. Because he loved me to much to risk losing me.

I ran in the street. I got spanked. That somehow made me feel very secure.

Why might they be "coddling" her?

Because they've always done so...(dysfuncionally and circumstationally speaking)...

...And/or because they have something to hide.

The "denial" business is an old story by now (given everything that we know). It's September 14th today. 2 months have passed. Caylee hasn't "shown up".

Are there any other possible reasons?

Having her keep the baby was, in a way, making her take responsibility for her actions.

Having her keep the baby was, in a way, making her take responsibility for her actions.

I disagree. If she (KC) had been living on her own and had been supporting and taking care of her child on her own...then I might agree. It sounds like she simply gave birth and moved on to me. She paid for nothing and it doesn't sound like she was taking care of her of own daughter all that much. How exactly were "they" (grandparents) making her take responsibility?

JMO

I think the situation with Casey, has gotten increasingly worse over the last year. IIRC Lee said something to the effect of this last year having been a very difficult year for Casey. When Casey decides to lie and you call her on it, the focus becomes being able to prove she lied. The focus is taken off what she lied about. It is a tactic she seems to use quite well. If I thought there was anything Cindy and George could do to get the truth from Casey, then maybe I could be angry with them. I feel very badly for them. I believe that Cindy feels great guilt for making the statements about th body in the trunk. She may feel if she hadn't have said that then LE and the nation would be looking to find her granddaughter alive. I think she is in great denial. I don't think she is evil.

Please don't be too harsh on me if you disagree.

I definately see your point. I think it may be hard to encourage her to move out on her own - with your granddaughter, knowing she isn't making mature decisions in the parenting realm. Does that make sense?

Also, I do not think that Cindy and George made all the right decisions, by any stectch of the imagination. I just think that Casey is the one who is responsible for her daughters disappearance.

Can anyone imagine what it must be like in that house right now. I find it very difficult to believe that there has been even a hug passed between Mother and daughter. I am sure that Casey just struts around knowing that Baez told her parents they were not to talk to her about Cayleee. At a time when most families would have to pull together they have to deal with "the elephant in the room"

To go out and defend your daughter to the world is natural. To not be able to discuss your missing granddaughter with the last person that saw her alive is NOT.

I don't know if I would say she is being coddled at this time. However, the fact that they aren't beating the tar out of her to get to the truth is more than most people would get at this point

I would storm into her room with a baseball bat appearing like I've gone psycho, smash something, ask my question, smash something again, ask my question, then corner her ready to swing the bat till she talked and smash some more stuff if she didn't. Like in the movies :). Then walk out of a destroyed room. But at least I knew I tried.

Or - they likely know she's going to prison anyway. Just enjoying a couple weeks with her till the only thing they have of her is jail visits. Can't blame them for that. I'd still kick her *advertiser censored** though.

Can anyone imagine what it must be like in that house right now.

My guess.... Casey comes out of her room to get a soda, hit the bathroom - MAYBE have a quick dinner with them (probably not?) - then stays in the bedroom all day hanging on the computer.

But I think the protesters/media attention are creating a banding together or us against them type vibe, so in that way, I wish they weren't there.

But just listening to that phone call Casey made to Mom where Cindy was super sweet - I bet that's mostly what's going on. Casey is alpha dog.

?

Meagin,

That was so well put. I think I am trying too hard to be politically correct, but I like your logic.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

My guess.... Casey comes out of her room to get a soda, hit the bathroom - MAYBE have a quick dinner with them (probably not?) - then stays in the bedroom all day hanging on the computer.

But I think the protesters/media attention are creating a banding together or us against them type vibe, so in that way, I wish they weren't there.

But just listening to that phone call Casey made to Mom where Cindy was super sweet - I bet that's mostly what's going on. Casey is alpha dog.

?

I agree that Casey is ruling that house and I bet she is loving every minute of it. I would take her computer away from her since that is what she seems to be doing all the time. I'd make it as uncomfortable for her as possible. There's no way I would let her come into my house with the stipulation that I couldn't talk to her. That's just so wrong. I would revoke her bond unless she talked to me.

I would storm into her room with a baseball bat appearing like I've gone psycho, smash something, ask my question, smash something again, ask my question, then corner her ready to swing the bat till she talked and smash some more stuff if she didn't. Like in the movies :). Then walk out of a destroyed room. But at least I knew I tried.

Or - they likely know she's going to prison anyway. Just enjoying a couple weeks with her till the only thing they have of her is jail visits. Can't blame them for that. I'd still kick her *advertiser censored** though.

How can they enjoy a couple of weeks with her when she won't talk to them? More like she's manipulating them again. Enough is enough. If she doesn't want to talk fine - tell her to find another place to live. while she's out of jail. I know, let her move in with Jose and his wife. Then she can talk to her heart's content.

At some point, the protesters, media attention, lights/cameras in front of the house has to wear on them. I guess that's why they're there.
Gosh it's all an amazing head-scratcher.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back