Why did Shawn go to work Monday morning for 10 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have seen is in the presser she said he went in to turn in his coveralls and clean out his locker.[ highly doubtful imo--why would he go in EARLY to do that if he was just going to go sit around at mom's all day. Especially since it left BD without a ride to work}

And do we know that he even got called in early that day....

(Billie stated that when he got called in early she would have to arrange a ride to work)

Who called and when did this Call take place?

We were never told where his cell pinged from mihnight to 6:10am. If so I missed it. my apologies.

With his " media " skills - movies and photos..
IMO he either had some gruesome pics there CRIMINAL in nature
Or Pics Of HD that would get him in trouble...Perhaps an SD card or similar device.

Then left to go hide ?? it/them somewhere.
I am not even convinced he was there when BD woke up, because IMO a ride is something she would have had arranged the night before.
MOO - BD awoke and found SA was gone as well as her car .

BBM

Since this was during the christmas holidays...how likely is that a call even came the night before... just thinking no one would be working anyways until Monday and if this was the first day back at work after the xmas break this being called in would have been arranged before xmas.

The affidavit says that Adkins quit his job in Snyder that morning, then drove to Big Spring and allegedly made 11 different phone calls between 9:30 and 2:45 that day.

I wonder who all he called that day..11 seems like alot of calls in that peroid of time. Maybe someone else to help "cover" his tracks

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23339

I once thought that perhaps he was going back and forth in his mind that Hailey was home alone and should he or shouldn't he go back home and do something to her. That perhaps he walked into work and he decided to heck with this and walked out and went back home. However, if that was the case, why did he even walk into the building? Why not just turn the car around and head back home?

As for the coveralls, if he already had a pair at home, why bother going in? Going in for 10 minutes to get a pair of overalls is ridiculous too. He had to know that showing up for 10 minutes would cause suspicion.

Throwing something in the dumpster? Well, they did search the landfills right? Did they search the one that trash from this area would go to?

So, why else did he go into work for 10 minutes? Why did he just walk right out the door?

The documents also say Adkins quit his job in Snyder on the morning of Hailey's disappearance, December 27th. Adkins told investigators he went to his job and then left to visit his mother in Big Spring. However, according to cell phone pings, investigators determined Adkins first made a stop in Colorado City, before heading on to Big Spring

http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=13830886

Could the possibility exist that he went back to the house and "forgot" the kids were off and shot his mouth off on the phone and Hailey overheard him saying things not very favorable?

I once thought that perhaps he was going back and forth in his mind that Hailey was home alone and should he or shouldn't he go back home and do something to her. That perhaps he walked into work and he decided to heck with this and walked out and went back home. However, if that was the case, why did he even walk into the building? Why not just turn the car around and head back home?

As for the coveralls, if he already had a pair at home, why bother going in? Going in for 10 minutes to get a pair of overalls is ridiculous too. He had to know that showing up for 10 minutes would cause suspicion.

Throwing something in the dumpster? Well, they did search the landfills right? Did they search the one that trash from this area would go to?

So, why else did he go into work for 10 minutes? Why did he just walk right out the door?

I agree with your train of thought here. So if we follow it through, he went early to pick something up, not to drop something in dumpster.

I could believe the theory that he needed to retrieve something from his locker and decided to try and do so early, so he wouldn't run into many people. And it fits with the idea that he 'cleaned out his locker and turned in his coveralls. '

He might have 'cleaned' his locker of incriminating material os some kind, especially if he thought his locker might be searched later on. [ supporting the theory that something bad already happened]
OR
he might have wanted to drop his incriminating coveralls into the HUGE anonymous pile of filthy coveralls so we would never know what was on them. If he did that, all of that evidence is long gone now/[ also would support the theory that something already happened]

Just blows my mind....first I want to know what happened to Hailey and SECOND I am dying to know why he went to work for 10 minutes!!! It does not seem reasonable to me that he would risk doing something to Hailey with her dad right across the way there....looks like he would be afraid someone would come in.:banghead:

I agree with your train of thought here. So if we follow it through, he went early to pick something up, not to drop something in dumpster.

I could believe the theory that he needed to retrieve something from his locker and decided to try and do so early, so he wouldn't run into many people. And it fits with the idea that he 'cleaned out his locker and turned in his coveralls. '

He might have 'cleaned' his locker of incriminating material os some kind, especially if he thought his locker might be searched later on. [ supporting the theory that something bad already happened]
OR
he might have wanted to drop his incriminating coveralls into the HUGE anonymous pile of filthy coveralls so we would never know what was on them. If he did that, all of that evidence is long gone now/[ also would support the theory that something already happened]

SA going in for 10 minutes really boggles my mind.

Another possibility - he'd been using drugs during the weekend. Then arrived at work and learned there'd be an unscheduled pee test that day. So he decided to quit his job right then, rather than fail the test and be fired.

In that case, it makes sense, imo, why he wouldn't say anything. If he had actually told his supervisor he was quitting, then it would be obvious why.

Just an idea. Not sure what I think about this very weird behavior.

JMO

Another possibility - he'd been using drugs during the weekend. Then arrived at work and learned there'd be an unscheduled pee test that day. So he decided to quit his job right then, rather than fail the test and be fired.

In that case, it makes sense, imo, why he wouldn't say anything. If he had actually told his supervisor he was quitting, then it would be obvious why.

Just an idea. Not sure what I think about this very weird behavior.

JMO

Okay. That is a good one. And LE would know that too because the supervisor would have shared that tidbit. I wonder what their drug testing policy was.

Some places only test individuals if there is cause or suspicion. Others do random tests and even test everyone. But it is expensive to test everyone so
most large employers do not do it that way.

But if he came in and saw others being tested he could have walked out like that. But the only thing with that theory is that why would he be so hesitant to tell Billie he quit? They did drugs together occasionally before, so surely she would be sympathetic if he went in and found a drug test waiting for him? Why wait for 3 days to tell her he had quit? IDK

Okay. That is a good one. And LE would know that too because the supervisor would have shared that tidbit. I wonder what their drug testing policy was.

Some places only test individuals if there is cause or suspicion. Others do random tests and even test everyone. But it is expensive to test everyone so
most large employers do not do it that way.

But if he came in and saw others being tested he could have walked out like that. But the only thing with that theory is that why would he be so hesitant to tell Billie he quit? They did drugs together the night before, so surely she would be sympathetic if he went in and found a drug test waiting for him? Why wait for 3 days to tell her he had quit? IDK

Where is it stated they did drugs together the night before?

BBM

Since this was during the christmas holidays...how likely is that a call even came the night before... just thinking no one would be working anyways until Monday and if this was the first day back at work after the xmas break this being called in would have been arranged before xmas.
I see your point but hospitals are 24/7 365
IMO only a call for a ride at the 11th hour occurs frequently among medical/hospital staff.

I see your point but hospitals are 24/7 365
IMO only a call for a ride at the 11th hour occurs frequently among medical/hospital staff.

Sorry... post was confusing...

The call would be from SA's work per Billie and then she would get a ride...

So how often did he get these calls and when did he get the call to come in early since it was the first day back to work at most places...

We know Sunday Billie and SA were home and Saturday was Xmas...was this work day planned the week before? Like the Thursday or Firday before Xmas or was it a really last minute scramble for Billie to get a ride...

I don't think there was any call for SA to come in early. IMO he just decided to go in early. I would really like to know why. I am guessing because he wanted to so something without so many co-workers around. Like clear something out of his locker, pick up something he needed?

OR

At this point BD may not have known anything if she really did not see HD that morning as she originally stated in the early interviews!

Sorry... post was confusing...

The call would be from SA's work per Billie and then she would get a ride...

So how often did he get these calls and when did he get the call to come in early since it was the first day back to work at most places...

We know Sunday Billie and SA were home and Saturday was Xmas...was this work day planned the week before? Like the Thursday or Firday before Xmas or was it a really last minute scramble for Billie to get a ride...

I am sooo sorry! Mon Dec 27th, am ride TO work. because SA tok\ok her car to work.
Did she already know he was taking the car? and was just waiting on her ride?

or did she have to call some one that morning to come get her, and that was why she was a little late to work?
WAS she late to work on 12/27? I thought so.

I need to print out the timeline! cause I can't figure out how to copy parts of it or figure out how to link it!

Am I making sense? cause I am confused!

I've always wondered if SA had Hailey in the vehicle at that time and his intention was to dispose of her either during work or on the way home...and his nerves got the best of him and he couldn't wait until then..OR

If he had already disposed of her and then was second guessing how well he had concealed her, freaked out and left to check..:(..OR

If he planned on working all day as an alibi and for whatever reason decided he couldn't go through with it once he walked in and left..

It just really strikes me as odd that he did what he did..He had a good work record apparently..so in almost every scenario we can think of...why didn't he go in..play sick and then go home to do *whatever he needed to do*. Unless for some reason he thought that if he was 'seen' by his co-workers, they would assume that he was at work if asked? That's extremely hard to imagine but since I have no idea how the type of work he does operates..would he normally be seen by others during the day? I wonder if he punched a clock..or just kept track of hours there?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member