Why didn't Casey flee? **REVISIT OLD THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez has been floating the story that Casey is being coerced and was not free to search for Caylee. Now he's also asking that her car be put on a lift so the undercarriage can be inspected. Could it be that there is a GPS tracking device on the bottom of the car?

that's a good question. Or is it just to examine for any/all possible forensic evidence related to deposits on the car?

talking about your friend's husband being wrongly accused when it turned out he had actually been the intended victim, I had also wondered in this case whether KC had conceivably been attacked with chloroform along with Caylee but survived. I don't think we know all the facts in this case by far yet.

I think Casey didn't flee because she thought she could talk her way out of it. Convince her parents and LE (I'm not so sure that she ever thought that it would get as far as LE though) of her story. It appears that CA and GA always bought her stories and continue to do so now. You're right we don't know all the facts in this case and I don't think that we ever will because Casey will NEVER tell. IMO, TE is our only hope of finding Caylee and I am SO THANKFUL that T. Miller is coming back to search. If your theory was correct about the chloroform, my question is WHY wouldn't Casey have said that instead of making up ALL the other stories? I personally don't believe for a second that she was being "threatened" by anyone. She struts her stuff and bats her eyelashes everyday like she doesn't have a care in the world. Who knows though, maybe this will be her next story, I can't keep up with them since everytime she is backed into a corner, the scenario changes. The truth is the truth and it doesn't change each time you tell it, but as Judge Strickland said "The Truth and Ms. Anthony are Strangers"

She didn't flee because her plan was not in place. IMO , she killed Caylee out of anger when she had the blow out with mom. Dont know what she did with her body but maybe it was in the trunk. I think she removed it, planned for the car to be stolen, her story being she was jacked, some huge drama about how she was able to get free but couldnt get Caylee out of the car seat, boo hoo dont know my baby is now. Well that plan fell apart when the car was not stolen as I thinked was planned. SO, gotta have a new story. Mom is demanding to see Caylee ( so would I ) so she knows she cant go back to moms to live with no Caylee. Can't stay Tony as she knows mom will find her cause she knows if her mom is determined to see that baby she will. Casey has to have a new plan. Enter the marine from CA. These young guys all like having a pretty girl to show off to their buds, they are gung ho on saving the world and just as gung ho on saving a damsel in distress. She was talking to him a lot at the end most likely trying to get some $$ from him to get on a plane. All she would have to tell her mom is she & Caylee left town to get their life together & she would keep in touch. She might even tell mom she isnt going to give her an addy or even a city she is lving in b/c she needed it to be just her and Caylee. Mom had told her she needed to be more involved in Caylee's life, she would convince mom that is what she was doing, gone go out, make you proud, be just like you mom. Casey knew her jig was up in Orlando, she had scammed to many times. she needed a fresh place & I think she was counting on the marine to be her ticket out. She just hadnt finished that plan before mom found her. Had she not been found, my bet is she would have been out of Florida within the next couple days. Either plan had her playing a victims..........we got car jacked, I got out but I dont know where my baby is.

She needed just one more day! Military gets paid on the first and the FIFTEENTH of every month.

I think Casey didn't flee because she thought she could talk her way out of it. Convince her parents and LE (I'm not so sure that she ever thought that it would get as far as LE though) of her story. It appears that CA and GA always bought her stories and continue to do so now. You're right we don't know all the facts in this case and I don't think that we ever will because Casey will NEVER tell. IMO, TE is our only hope of finding Caylee and I am SO THANKFUL that T. Miller is coming back to search. If your theory was correct about the chloroform, my question is WHY wouldn't Casey have said that instead of making up ALL the other stories? I personally don't believe for a second that she was being "threatened" by anyone. She struts her stuff and bats her eyelashes everyday like she doesn't have a care in the world. Who knows though, maybe this will be her next story, I can't keep up with them since everytime she is backed into a corner, the scenario changes. The truth is the truth and it doesn't change each time you tell it, but as Judge Strickland said "The Truth and Ms. Anthony are Strangers"

Good post, Pondering! :clap:

She thought she only had to fool mom and dad as usual. And it's possible that Cindy had threatened to call the police for things in the past and didn't follow through.

I still think we're giving KC waaaay too much credit here. KC doesn't actually "Think" at all. She just acts. The lies fall out of her mouth before she ever gets the chance to "think" about them. Fleein? That would require some thought. She doesn't like to use up her brain power "thinking"--she could be using it for more important things...like picking out a design for a new tattoo!

But anyway, to me, a lot of the KC "party" pictures shown so much in the media don't really look all that unusual for 21 year olds, at least KC doesn't, she is one of the tamest looking ones in all of the pictures.

Aside from the pics from I think her 21st bday (?) and the ones taken after Caylee's disappearance, there is nothing abnormal about them. They are old enough to drink, and are having fun, but sheesh, Lindsey Lohan's knife pictures, or Myley Cyrus' pic are worse than these..

However, the fact that she is partying like that while her daughter is either kidnapped or dead in her trunk, is majorly messed up behaviour.

Caysey never considered leaving. IMO because.....she was inexperienced at being on her own. She had few resources for ever taking care of herself.
Seeing no indication that she ever went anywhere....did she ever even drive out of her own state? I don't think so.
With everything we know about her...negative...she was not brave enough to get out of Dodge.

But don;t you also think it odd that she did not fight Cindy calling the cops? I mean she just rolled over. Seems like she could have gotten Cindy to wait if she had really tried.
I kind of think she wanted to call in LE but just couldn't quite figure out how to make it happen.

I kind of agree with this. Perhaps Casey really convinced herself that she would get away with this. Perhaps she was convinced back then that without a body, she was immune from criminal responsibility. If this was her state of mind on the day that Cindy intervened, Casey must have been very confident that Caylee's body would never ever be found.

Perhaps Casey knows for sure that Caylee's body was disappeared by crocodiles.

But on the other hand, whatever she did tell LE just prior to her arrest was absolutely unbelievable. A more believable lie would have been that Caylee was recently taken in the last few hours, instead of a month before. It's hard to come up with a perfect explanation for Casey's actions subsequent to Caylee's disappearance that doesn't include this pattern of odd behavior and ridiculous alibis.

I don't think she ever thought of "fleeing" in terms of running away after the jig was up about Caylee being missing because I think she's too secure in her own sociopathic world (no one in her family has ever made her face the consequences of her actions before now) to believe that she'd actually have to PAY (literally and figuratively) for what she's done. First of all, she had the benefit of 30/31 days of Caylee being missing on her side. That's huge in and of itself, IMO.

I also tend to believe what Lee said about how she didn't really seem to realize that LE was actually going to want to SEE Caylee produced when CA was insisting on calling the cops and KC was calling her bluff. I think she actually believed in her limited scope that all she had to do was give the cops her word that her kid was "safe and with the nanny" and it would all go away, just like every other thing she'd done before.

I do believe however, she was planning on "fleeing" to CA and the Marine to start over and she just got caught before she was able to put that into motion. Once she got there I think then she would have concocted some story about something happening to Caylee. She just got snagged by CA and the impounded car before she was ready to go.

I find Casey so similar to Scott Peterson. I think no matter what happens she will go down proclaiming her innocence. Unfortunately for sweet little Caylee, I don't ever see her coming clean on what happened.

:banghead: Worthy of bumping.
Boy I bet she wishes she had fled at this juncture. If she had, Caylees murder could have been covered up for years.

:banghead: Worthy of bumping.
Boy I bet she wishes she had fled at this juncture. If she had, Caylees murder could have been covered up for years.

I don't know. I kind of think Cindy might have called 911 after getting the Pontiac back smelling like a corpse. If she hadn't tracked Casey down that day, I think she would have called the police.

Even if she had left town, I don't think Casey is clever enough to avoid authorities for long.

I don't know. I kind of think Cindy might have called 911 after getting the Pontiac back smelling like a corpse. If she hadn't tracked Casey down that day, I think she would have called the police.

Even if she had left town, I don't think Casey is clever enough to avoid authorities for long.
I agree with you on that. KC only lives for the moment. She isn't very well organized or as smart to plan ahead. She couldn't even lie very well (JMO).

I agree with you about calling the police. I DO believe that if CA couldn't find KC to get Caylee from her or to just see her, Ca WOULD call police. I think if KC had gotten away from Florida and wouldn't talk to CA, I believe CA would choose to find Caylee no matter what. I DO think she would throw KC out there if she could have gotten Caylee.

Now, not be able to get Caylee, CA chooses the next best option.

BUT...I don't think any of this would change CA's behavior in being non-responsive to LE, lying, obstructing. I think her character would be the exact same, just changing the person thrown under the bus.

I think the reason goes back to how they were raised. You lie so much, you begin to believe it. And as always the parents of the sociopath find every excuse WHY they should believe the story.

Casey didn't flee, because she is use to everyone (including herself), believing her own lies.

I agree that CA would have called police eventually, and that KC did not leave because she has some mental weaknesses (her sociopathy)....though KC could have prevented CA from calling the police and left town, if she had proper wits about her:
KC could have easily, firmly, with authority and condescention, told CA that not only were she and Caylee fine, but they were leaving town and did not wish to have contact with CA. If she had acted somewhat adult-like, she could have handled her mother, a least long enough to be gone for another month or two-
KC could have re-gassed the car (if she did not leave at Amscot it purposefully) and rolled out of Florida. Changed plates, burned the car and gotten a ride with a guy....She also could have hidden the body somewhere much further from her home, and perhaps somewhere infested with 'gators. All she had to do was lose the cell phone so no one could follow the pings.
And KC knows all of this, it's fairly common to even a non-criminal to know how people should cover their tracks. That is part of why even amateur sleuthers are so good at what they do, they know how people try to cover. Doesn't mean she would not have been caught, but she would have bought a lot more time to flee.
If those two Cummings morons can get in and out of Florida with the tiny resources they started with, KC could have, too. But her being a sociopath definately figured in, and she was almost asking to be challenged.

She thought she would not be found that soon I bet she hates the fact that the car was towed and not stolen, she thought she had convinced them she was in Jacksonville and never expected CA to find her at TonE's

I agree with you on that. KC only lives for the moment. She isn't very well organized or as smart to plan ahead. She couldn't even lie very well (JMO).

Oh I don't know about that part that I bolded.Remember she did ask CA for just one more day.See...she was planning ahead.:waitasec:

Oh,and you are so right about not being able to lie well! The biggest lie that gets me is when LE asks her what time she dropped Caylee off at Sawgrass the day she went missing. She says between 9:00am and 1pm. She couldn't even try to pinpoint a time for the last time she saw her baby!! It was either the morning or afternoon Casey which was it?? That gets me every time I read it.

Actually,I wonder why she made the time so vague.

Aside from the pics from I think her 21st bday (?) and the ones taken after Caylee's disappearance, there is nothing abnormal about them. They are old enough to drink, and are having fun, but sheesh, Lindsey Lohan's knife pictures, or Myley Cyrus' pic are worse than these..

However, the fact that she is partying like that while her daughter is either kidnapped or dead in her trunk, is majorly messed up behaviour.

Don't forget the *advertiser censored* pic

Though I haven't read this thread through, I believe the reason Casey didn't flee (in addition to her emotional and physical dependence to CA) is she had been fleeing for 31 days. I think she was running out of excuses. When confronted face to face by Cindy after evading her for the past month, she really had no choice at that point but to resign herself.

I believe that she did not flee for one simple reason: she is incapable of taking care of herself. Oh, she wants to be a big girl! She wants to have her own place and her own money and her own car and stuff! She just can't be bothered to work for it! I mean, she would have had to work too hard finding people to steal from if she had left O'Town and then those people might have caught her and punished her! Why bother when she could just hang around the parentals, steal from them and lie about the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund