Why Does My Account Have Insufficient Privileges?

50 posts...Really!!?? It might take me a year to get to that. :-( I'm mainly a reader and not a poster, with limited free-time I might add. I can understand limiting PM's and such, but no access to search engines?

Speaking of...I was keeping up with the Zahra Baker case when I wasn't a member. Now that I'm a member I can't find the current thread. I tried searching, and I'm restricted from doing that. Any suggestions?

50 posts...Really!!?? It might take me a year to get to that. :-( I'm mainly a reader and not a poster, with limited free-time I might add. I can understand limiting PM's and such, but no access to search engines?

Speaking of...I was keeping up with the Zahra Baker case when I wasn't a member. Now that I'm a member I can't find the current thread. I tried searching, and I'm restricted from doing that. Any suggestions?
welcome!

here ya go:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117803"]NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I can live with the "You may not post new threads" policy, but don't see the reasoning behind restricting access to the Search function. Not being able to use the Search means that not only can I not find existing threads of interest to contribute to, but when I try to go back to my last post from my Statistics using "Find all posts by you", the result is "you do not have permission to access this page".

In fairness to the mods though, this post might have been generated by a spambot.

You may never really know.

We are working on creating a new process that could remove the search restriction. Stay tuned! The reason for it is technical.

That would be very helpful! I've just run into the same frustrating problem, and I think I'm just going to come back later in hopes that it's been resolved. There's so much I can't do until I can search--there are so many cases....soooo many threads, lol. Thanks!!!

I even get told "you do not have permission to access this page" when I click on "Quick Links" => "Today's Posts".

Are those of us who are new here supposed to wait for something to change, or should we make more posts in order to meet the number of posts required to be granted access to the search?

After you make a certain number of posts, all of the restrictions are lifted. I've heard different numbers from members, so keep posting and soon you will be free! :hug:

I even get told "you do not have permission to access this page" when I click on "Quick Links" => "Today's Posts".

Are those of us who are new here supposed to wait for something to change, or should we make more posts in order to meet the number of posts required to be granted access to the search?

"Today's Posts" is a search function; that is why you can't access it yet. Keep posting, and it should become available in time.

After making more posts, everything works now. It's great to be able to use the Search. Thanks again for the suggestions.

I'm not sure if the restrictions have been lifted but here's a tip for those if you cant, sorry if its been repeated

Go to google, hit advanced search and you can search whatever you want and it has an option to search a specific website!! It works well I use it alot :innocent:

Hi, new here too....reading this, almost a year ago it was mentioned that a lift might happen so newbies can search. Any word on that?

Looks like they forgot all about changing it. I registered, but still can't search either. Never seen a forum that does this.

How many posts do you need to start your own topic?

There is no minimum # of posts needed to start your own thread.

Whenever I try to start a topic outside The Jury Room, it says it has to be approved by a mod? I have started some topics here.

There is no minimum # of posts needed to start your own thread.

I get this message when I post my own thread.

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

Hi there, I have a notification but the item it says I have, does not seem to appear. Am I maybe not looking in the right place?

Does anyone know? I keep logging in and seeing I have a notification and have no messages. That's all

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back