Why Has DT "Lost" their Jury Consultant??

To answer the thread's question...

'Cause it was bad for business (?)

Very interesting what Mr. Hornsby put on his blog regarding the jury consultant (particularly how he may be getting paid) (if he is still working with the defense, that is). :giggle: LOVE IT!!

Link please and thanks :)

He must have just hopped on board for the face time on TV. It is highly suspect that he would just up and quit 3 days before jury selection starts. I mean, that's when he would be needed the most, wouldn't it?

I guess he was't too thrilled with having to stay in the $50/night motels........LOL.

Ok, that's an older article. I had already read it.

Ok I'm confused........can someone please help? NG says Jury Consultant quit.......but then a pop up shows a statement issued by the Jury Consultant saying he did NOT quit..............so is he still in this? HELP

Ok I'm confused........can someone please help? NG says Jury Consultant quit.......but then a pop up shows a statement issued by the Jury Consultant saying he did NOT quit..............so is he still in this? HELP

I'm confused also because of that little "pop up" where Gabriel stating it's a rumor and it is false. Hopefully one of the media will come up with something more concrete rather then a "source" that they indicate is reliable.

Bringing my post from another thread here....

Someone help me out here..... If Gabriel really did quit, so what? :waitasec:

Judge Perry said along time ago that CM was perfectly capable. What am I missing? :waitasec: I'm not getting it.

I'm confused also because of that little "pop up" where Gabriel stating it's a rumor and it is false. Hopefully one of the media will come up with something more concrete rather then a "source" that they indicate is reliable.

There was a local jury consultant on NG just now. [ taped this morning ]
[ the transcript is not up yet.]

He said that he was called by the DT last night and asked if he could come onboard and help them. And he said it was shameful for Gabriel to leave so close to trial.

So 'something' is going on if the local jury consultants are being called by the DT for help.

I am thinking maybe there was a blow up between the DT and Gabriel, and they tried to replace him behind his back, thus the 'rumors' started. But if they could not find anyone else, he is still on.

Maybe.......the DT plopped this little boat in the water to see if it would float.........

JB: "okay, RG, you quit on Friday if things don't go our way in motions, then maybe we'll get a continuance and that means more opportunity to get you more free air-time...."
RG: "That's a great idea!"
HHJP: "Uhm, No."
JB" "okay, RG, time to deny deny deny"
RG: "Ok, my check IS in the mail, right?"

so did he quit or not?

to me it doesn't matter either way..

this show is going on the road no matter what on monday

http://www.decision-analysis.com/

Link to Gabriel's company.

Front page was updated as of Monday to discuss that "he teamed up with CBS"

So defense attorneys brought in Richard Gabriel - who is by reputation - one of the best trial consultants in the country, to help them try to pick a favorable jury.

"This is the most high-profile case in America," Gabriel tells Roberts. "The media pressure on this has been almost entirely negative... with 80 to 90 percent ... believing that she's guilty already."

Jose Baez tried to get the trial moved out of Orlando, but the judge refused. Instead, when the trial begins on May 9, the lawyers will all travel to another Florida location, chosen by the Court - but as yet undisclosed - to pick the jury there.

"...then those selected jurors will be brought to Orlando and they will be sequestered in a hotel there. ...isolated for the entire period of the trial," explains Mason.

It hasn't helped the defense that their client - from jail - has been openly defiant.

As In Session has cited juror fatigue... I take note of CM's comments.

Maybe the guy relized ICA is guilty? He got some money and a tinny shred of fame, and was out before the poo hits the fan. Maybe he caught some greif for the CBS thing?

Maybe the guy decided that he didn't trust JB to cut him in a fair share of the "slave wages."

Sorry, still can't believe JB SAID that to His Honor.

NG had a prominent Jury consultant on last night- she asked him what was the truth- did RG quit or not? ( they were showing a statement from RG saying WFTV's report of his leaving was false) and he said he was called by the DT to see if there was any way he could help them as RG had up and quit. He was outspoken about RG, said it was absolutely unconscionable to quit at the last minute over money- RG knew from the first that she was indigent with no JAC funds for a consultant. He likened it to a Surgeon walking out as he was to begin surgery on you. Said he got the publicity he wanted from the Jury program and that was it...
He said the DT had been calling everyone asking for an urgent replacement, but his schedule was full...

Maybe there was a deal if he did 48 hrs, he would get paid for that..afterall that was a big splash of Casey is innocent project. I suspect he didn't get all the money he asked for...or was promised.

Maybe there was a deal if he did 48 hrs, he would get paid for that..afterall that was a big splash of Casey is innocent project. I suspect he didn't get all the money he asked for...or was promised.

I am sure he was contracted with 48hrs for a set fee and was paid according to contract. They couldn't just not pay him...

We know that Baez would not have paid him, JAC and judge said no to payment for jury consultant. Therefore, the only way he would have been paid was to receive some sort of payment from 48 Hours, which was either paid directly to Gabriel or paid "in a backwards sort of way". If I understand correctly, the State would have considered this "payment in kind". Could this have created a problem in some way, since Gabriel claimed he was working pro-bono? Perhaps the situation became that he would not have been paid at all, by anyone, if he continued on as jury consultant for the defense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back