Why is Adam Baker not in jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...i don't see him even going through the motions of 'pretending to care'.

...he had a great opprtunity when they arrived with the gigantic u-haul, to say something--anything Z-related. instead he hung his head and did the "poor, poor pitiful me" act.

...he-----they---all could have gone over to the memorial/shrine and at least spent a few minutes there, not only to ackowledge Z, but all of the people who CARED to come by-- ( unless punknluv MISSED this photo-op----they didn't bother. )

...( even kc has the ability to stick a finger in her eye and try to Produce a tear..)

IMHO, he's not in jail because LE doesn't want him there for reasons undisclosed. They could have jacked his bail $ way up there (and probably tacked a few additional charges along the way) - but they didn't and it's not because they couldn't.

In answer to your question, No. I could not convict him for murder on just what I know at this point. I agree with you, that this is why he's not in jail. It's also possible that they are waiting on a GJ decision. In some states, they can't charge a person without going before a GJ first. Not sure about NC.

As for the biomom, I don't think that will have anything to do with this case once it goes to court, unless she is called to testify about any abuse by AB. She really had nothing to do with Zahra's death, and had not seen her for years, so I doubt anything she could say would matter at this point.
BBM

Preliminary hearing or grand jury. MOO

I am just sick that we have heard nothing more about the bone that was found. My neice is a research scientist at M.D. Anderson in Houston. I was talking with her yesterday about Christmas plans and I brought up Zahra's case. I asked her how long it would take to test bone marrow and get a DNA profile. She told me that this was information that they should already know by now - whether or not the bone was Zahra's.

I was hoping for AB's arrest by now. He has clearly lied, IMO, and if he did not participate in the actual murder, I think he was very active in the coverup.

I wish KB and the younger brother had not come over to the U. S. yet, because left entirely alone AB may have broken and told the truth. I hope that AB spends every waking moment wondering if LE is on the way to arrest him. I also hope he has nightmares every night about Zahra. I guess that makes me a very mean and vindictive person, but it is the way I feel.

I hope LE gets this case wrapped up and to the D.A. really soon. GB LE for the hard work they are doing.

In answer to your question, No. I could not convict him for murder on just what I know at this point. I agree with you, that this is why he's not in jail. It's also possible that they are waiting on a GJ decision. In some states, they can't charge a person without going before a GJ first. Not sure about NC.

As for the biomom, I don't think that will have anything to do with this case once it goes to court, unless she is called to testify about any abuse by AB. She really had nothing to do with Zahra's death, and had not seen her for years, so I doubt anything she could say would matter at this point.

unless he kidnapped Zahra from her and she can prove that???

I am just sick that we have heard nothing more about the bone that was found. My neice is a research scientist at M.D. Anderson in Houston. I was talking with her yesterday about Christmas plans and I brought up Zahra's case. I asked her how long it would take to test bone marrow and get a DNA profile. She told me that this was information that they should already know by now - whether or not the bone was Zahra's.

I was hoping for AB's arrest by now. He has clearly lied, IMO, and if he did not participate in the actual murder, I think he was very active in the coverup.

I wish KB and the younger brother had not come over to the U. S. yet, because left entirely alone AB may have broken and told the truth. I hope that AB spends every waking moment wondering if LE is on the way to arrest him. I also hope he has nightmares every night about Zahra. I guess that makes me a very mean and vindictive person, but it is the way I feel.

I hope LE gets this case wrapped up and to the D.A. really soon. GB LE for the hard work they are doing.

BBM IMO, LE knows about the bone info by now.
And I believe LE is keeping allot of knowlege to their vest.
If this NEW SEARCH shows to be Zahra's bones, she didn't get their by herself.
I guess the evidence (circumstantial or proof) has to tie AB to this.
I want justice for little Zahra by her birthday on Nov. 16th!!!

But AB should of been in jail for his other charges..........but mum got him bailed out.

This seems correct to me. I believe that LE don't have anything to connect him to the crime. I just can't see him killing his own child, and then covering it up. I don't know the man, so perhaps I'm wrong. But i agree, he seems a very simple, basic, meat and potatoes guy who doens't think too much and leaves the rearing of the child to the woman.
He might have heard EB complaining about Zahra, and felt it was something that she needed to work out with the child. He might have felt that Zahra's complaints were natural for a child with a new step mother.

What does concern me is that this little girl appears to have had no real medical care. Did no one ever take her to a doctor?

I believe that EB bought AB here under alot of promises, and it was all smoke and mirrors. He probably thought she was loaded, and could support the care the child would need, if he thought at all.

I believe that once here, she held him here with threats and promises. She appears to have been quite controlling and appears to have been very immature, and probably didn't understand why this child had to get in the way of her playing her alternative reality games.

Thats just nasty speculation, on my part.

But somehow, I think Adam wasn't too quick on the uptake. I wonder if he felt trapped here somehow, out of his depth, and perhaps did not know what to do?

I am going out on a small limb here - just my personal feelings here, ok - I don't think he had anything to do with her death.
1-the 911 call where he says " how are you" or something instead of "hello or hi", a lot of people have been reading something into that. Maybe it's how they talk in Australia. People usually say some sort of greeting.
2-And when he says this in the 911 call: "And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it" - I think that is what he was told by his wife, as an excuse for why Zahra isn't out of her room. He doesn't appear to be someone that would ever use the word "puberty"
3-EB's daughter spoke at her bond hearing and said she was afraid of her mother, didn't say "I'm afraid of them or him too"

It's just a feeling or intuition thing but this man seems simple, to put it a nice way, uneducated. I think he worked long days, came home from work, Zahra wasn't seen and he was told by EB that she's pouting or something and in her room and doesn't want anyone in her room and/or has become very shy and modest - so don't bother her. I think EB had her locked in the attic at there house or drugged her and Zahra slept all the time. There seems to be truth in lies sometimes so this recent bs about Zahra being ill the last two weeks of her life might be true in the sense that she was over drugged or starved by EB.
Now after the fact, AB's involvement, I haven't a thought although having said that I don't think he was involved.
Please don't go off about this, it's a hunch

I am going out on a small limb here - just my personal feelings here, ok - I don't think he had anything to do with her death.
1-the 911 call where he says " how are you" or something instead of "hello or hi", a lot of people have been reading something into that. Maybe it's how they talk in Australia. People usually say some sort of greeting.
2-And when he says this in the 911 call: "And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it" - I think that is what he was told by his wife, as an excuse for why Zahra isn't out of her room. He doesn't appear to be someone that would ever use the word "puberty"
3-EB's daughter spoke at her bond hearing and said she was afraid of her mother, didn't say "I'm afraid of them or him too"

It's just a feeling or intuition thing but this man seems simple, to put it a nice way, uneducated. I think he worked long days, came home from work, Zahra wasn't seen and he was told by EB that she's pouting or something and in her room and doesn't want anyone in her room and/or has become very shy and modest - so don't bother her. I think EB had her locked in the attic at there house or drugged her and Zahra slept all the time. There seems to be truth in lies sometimes so this recent bs about Zahra being ill the last two weeks of her life might be true in the sense that she was over drugged or starved by EB.
Now after the fact, AB's involvement, I haven't a thought although having said that I don't think he was involved.
Please don't go off about this, it's a hunch

I too got a feeling AB might have been very naive, easily manipulated by EB?? I also wondered if AB worked away from home for periods of time. Seems Zahra was isolated, yet, they all lived together. What could someone tell me that would not have me spend time with my child after each working day? Nothing, I'd want to talk to her to see how her day went...I wish we knew more about AB's personality, his work habits, his education and such.

Did he entrust this woman with his child and blinded by her (love)manipulations? I can't understand knowing what this child has been through that he would look away at physical abuse, did he not see Zahra daily? I also wonder why he never checked on Zahra as that fire was happening? How could he just ignore his flesh and blood? What hold did EB have on him that he could just take what EB tells him with a grain of salt? JMHO

I don't know what's happened to society, where the moral degradation takes place as it does today. Violence is so rampant, what happened that changed so drastically??? Why does it seem more and more children are murdered by their own family or significant other. What happened that a life can be taken so easily....JMHO

Where is Zahra?

BBM IMO, LE knows about the bone info by now.
And I believe LE is keeping allot of knowlege to their vest.
If this NEW SEARCH shows to be Zahra's bones, she didn't get their by herself.
I guess the evidence (circumstantial or proof) has to tie AB to this.
I want justice for little Zahra by her birthday on Nov. 16th!!!

But AB should of been in jail for his other charges..........but mum got him bailed out.

I agree that LE are keeping a lot of info to themselves. And I believe Chapel Hill released that bone to LE to send to the SBI knowing it was Zahra's and now it is being tested for many, many things which probably take a long time to finish.

I too got a feeling AB might have been very naive, easily manipulated by EB?? I also wondered if AB worked away from home for periods of time. Seems Zahra was isolated, yet, they all lived together. What could someone tell me that would not have me spend time with my child after each working day? Nothing, I'd want to talk to her to see how her day went...I wish we knew more about AB's personality, his work habits, his education and such.

Did he entrust this woman with his child and blinded by her (love)manipulations? I can't understand knowing what this child has been through that he would look away at physical abuse, did he not see Zahra daily? I also wonder why he never checked on Zahra as that fire was happening? How could he just ignore his flesh and blood? What hold did EB have on him that he could just take what EB tells him with a grain of salt? JMHO

I don't know what's happened to society, where the moral degradation takes place as it does today. Violence is so rampant, what happened that changed so drastically??? Why does it seem more and more children are murdered by their own family or significant other. What happened that a life can be taken so easily....JMHO]]

I think thats hitting it on the head....he might have left EB to raise Zahra. I have people i work with who believe it's a woman's job to raise the children, it's the mans to go out and provide.

My feeling is with this family that AB was 'distanced' from Zahra. He probably left much to EB, and my belief was that he felt the 'complaining' going on between them, was probably part of what happens to kids with step-parents.

I bet he regets ever coming here. I'm sure that he thought it would be a lot different than it was. I wouldn't be surprised if he felt trapped, and perhaps was making plans to go, which is why EB contacted that other fellow from England. Perhaps she sensed that things were falling apart.

I suspect this child had no real medical care here....which is disturbing and worrying. I wonder that dad did not consider that this was a little girl who's health issues might be ongoing? It appears he didn't. But again, perhaps he thought EB would see to this. We just don't know what she told him.

This is a good example of a breakdown of 'family'. I believe that if AB had remained in Australia, even with EB, this wouldn't have happened.

Where is Zahra?

Snipped and BBM
She could probably have had him deported if he made her mad. JMO

I have often wondered if Zahra didnt have medical care here or if we just havent heard about it. Arent those records normally closed? Im not sure if her being presumed dead would be enough to release these facts. I just cant imagine her not going to the dr at least a couple times a year. Does anyone know if these records would be public or not? JMO

When is AB's court date for the lesser charges on him? Is that coming up? If so I think this is why the DA requested a rush on the DNA processing. Once his court date comes up, and he is fined but not jailed for his crimes, or put on probation, I believe that he will be deported. MAYBE, this is in play...just maybe

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/30/warrants-served-adam-baker-while-jail-ar-495586/

adam t. Baker’s upcoming court dates
caldwell county, nov. 18
-worthless check
-failure to return property on which there is a purchase option
-communicating threats
-communicating threats, assault with a deadly weapon
-worthless check
-worthless check
-worthless check
-worthless check

catawba county, nov. 19
-worthless check
-worthless check
-worthless check
-worthless check

bumping up

So nothing about damage to rental property? Nothing about child neglect? Child abuse?

Deal said the Hickory Police Department has not spoken to Elisa or her attorneys in about a week-and-a-half. However, he said they have “had some conversations” in the last few days with Adam Baker’s attorney, Mark Killian. Deal would not elaborate on what those conversations were about.

Killian said they are cooperating with police.

~snipped from~
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...ors-comb-water-woods-dudley-shoals-ar-526669/

So nothing about damage to rental property? Nothing about child neglect? Child abuse?

At the very least, he should be arrested for filing a false police report (the staged 911 call). I just don't understand why he is not in jail. I just don't get it.:banghead:

At the very least, he should be arrested for filing a false police report (the staged 911 call). I just don't understand why he is not in jail. I just don't get it.:banghead:

ITA, if that was me, the LE would throw the book at me, why not him?
Is his name NOT on the lease?
Does he have to have a lawsuit against him first?
paperwork?
isn't he an illegal alien now?
Does AU even want him back???
IMO, AB is a BIG part of this murder!

..i think it's an LE tactic. they probably could have held him on something, but let him bond out.

a). to keep an eye on him and see what he would do/say, and he could possibly say something to a friend, who might run to LE and rat him out.

b). to infuriate EB, to the point that she would start spilling her guts in jailhouse letters to strangers and long-lost cousins.

I have often wondered if Zahra didnt have medical care here or if we just havent heard about it. Arent those records normally closed? Im not sure if her being presumed dead would be enough to release these facts. I just cant imagine her not going to the dr at least a couple times a year. Does anyone know if these records would be public or not? JMO

I think if she had gotten medical treatment, she wouldn't still be using the prosthetic leg she got years ago in Australia. No way would a doctor not find a way to get her a new leg. It can cause all kinds of long term musculoskeletal problems to grow up on an ill fitting prosthetic leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member