Why is Tim Miller as a Material Witness "significant"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something has been nagging at me about Tim being a witness. I'm hoping that neither side decides to drag him through the mud and bring his personal life into the light and try to discredit him in any way. He doesn't deserve to be embarrassed on the stand, but who knows what kind of ugly questions might be asked?

I'm sure JB will try to discredit Tim. When this trial starts, the ONLY thing he can do with his dream team is try to discredit everything the State has. Nobody and nothing will be spared. He will be driving the bus and won't care who it hits. His job is to get KC off. Any way he can. :twocents:

Something has been nagging at me about Tim being a witness. I'm hoping that neither side decides to drag him through the mud and bring his personal life into the light and try to discredit him in any way. He doesn't deserve to be embarrassed on the stand, but who knows what kind of ugly questions might be asked?

Tim knows this kind of thing can happen anytime he gets involved in a case. I imagine he has had quite a bit of training in how to behave on the witness stand and can handle himself alright. I am sorry about the stress it's going to add to his life. But I do think he's prepared for it.

Never fear the question. If there is anything to be feared, it is the answer.

Yeah & look how many idiots are out there. Many will say they searched that area, either with TES or on their own & there was no body there just to be part of the case. I know of a situation where someone in an email to me said they searched & have pictures of their search. This was a search on their own, but still, if you really had pictures I would think you would turn then over. Tim will be an excellent witness b/c if he says he & "this group" searched this area, then you can take it to the bank. Those like Tim, who don't have a horse in the race, have no reason to be untruthful. I believe he is an honest man above reproach.

Loved the last (bolded by me) half of your post and, alas, have to agree with the first half of it. For some people, the lure of the limelight will make them say, or do, almost anything no matter how dishonest and no matter how dire the consequences, including jeopardizing justice for Caylee.

I have no doubt Tim will come under brutal attack from the defense, either personally or professionally. And yet, I have no worries that he'll be seriously wounded. Tim isn't a saint, but in my opinion, he is an angel. <Big Smile as I suddenly think of the movie Michael with John Travolta>

More seriously, and more importantly, he is on the side of the angels--little Caylee in this case. Tim is always on the side of the angels. Every time. He cares nothing about publicity or fame or money (unless its to finance TES's searches). Unfortunately, he also cares little about himself and his health.

ETA: I think an excellent Prosecution tactic would be to take the jury out to the site, (perhaps even conceal a similar bag in a 50 yard radius) and let them step into the jungle to see if they can see it.

Tim knows this kind of thing can happen anytime he gets involved in a case. I imagine he has had quite a bit of training in how to behave on the witness stand and can handle himself alright. I am sorry about the stress it's going to add to his life. But I do think he's prepared for it.

ITA! I am sure that TM knows how to conduct himself and will be a formidable witness to the defense. I just hate to think that the ONE person who came into this case with ONLY good intentions is going to have to be subjected to probable insinuations of inferior efforts in an attempt to free a lying baby killer. JMO, of course.

From what I can tell and from what I have heard, TM is the most respected seach organizer of missing persons anywhere. Why would he have wanted to do anything but to find Caylee? Locating her was his sole goal imo and he would not have wanted to hinder the search in any way. I agree with LeLe but feel for TM who probably needs this like he needs a hole in his head. People are usually grateful for his help but, as we know, nothing about this case is "usual".

How does the latest Defense hoopla fit in with Roy K's testimony?

Also, from little 'ol me, even if the body had been moved to Surburban Drive from another location (keeping in mind the timeframe the botonists determined, etc.) it would not prove or disprove who killed Caylee - just proves her body was moved. So what? :waitasec: It could point to the possibility that others had been involved at some point and know about the circumstances surrounding Caylee's death.

:clap: IMO Tim is a wonderful person with a huge heart. What will he offer on the stand? The simple truth & facts. I hope JB & everyone remembers that every day Tim has to spend in Orlando on this case is a day less he can do what he does best, help find the missing.

Loved the last (bolded by me) half of your post and, alas, have to agree with the first half of it. For some people, the lure of the limelight will make them say, or do, almost anything no matter how dishonest and no matter how dire the consequences, including jeopardizing justice for Caylee.

I have no doubt Tim will come under brutal attack from the defense, either personally or professionally. And yet, I have no worries that he'll be seriously wounded. Tim isn't a saint, but in my opinion, he is an angel. <Big Smile as I suddenly think of the movie Michael with John Travolta>

More seriously, and more importantly, he is on the side of the angels--little Caylee in this case. Tim is always on the side of the angels. Every time. He cares nothing about publicity or fame or money (unless its to finance TES's searches). Unfortunately, he also cares little about himself and his health.

ETA: I think an excellent Prosecution tactic would be to take the jury out to the site, (perhaps even conceal a similar bag in a 50 yard radius) and let them step into the jungle to see if they can see it.

Thank you Friday. A great suggestion about concealing a similar bag but let's take JB out there first & see if HE can see it.
I hate that Tim will come under such a brutal attach by the defense & what does his personal life have to do with anything anyways in connection with this search. They need to ask him when was the last time he slept in his own bed, when was the last time he had a home cooked meal, when was the last time he made time to leave the search & go see his doctor.

None of us are angels but hopefully we not only learn from our mistakes but grow stronger because of them. You, I & many others know what a wonderful, loving, dedicated & professional man Tim is. I like you, hate the stress this is causing him & I also worry so very much about his health. You keep an eye on him & push him to take care of himself as I am sure Lisa could use all the help she can get in that area.

ITA! I am sure that TM knows how to conduct himself and will be a formidable witness to the defense. I just hate to think that the ONE person who came into this case with ONLY good intentions is going to have to be subjected to probable insinuations of inferior efforts in an attempt to free a lying baby killer. JMO, of course.

Me too but hasn't almost everyone who came into the case with a pure heart & good intentions, gotten screwed? I don't think KC's evil has any limits.

ITA,Friday,even those of us who have not had the honor to know or work with Tim,can see that.
We know the defense will use dirty tricks the day [or days] Tim takes the stand.On that day we should all flood the TES office with donations to let Tim and the searchers know we stand behind them.

Me too but hasn't almost everyone who came into the case with a pure heart & good intentions, gotten screwed? I don't think KC's evil has any limits.

It spreads out from KC,in ripples.

There has been and will be many victims of KC's lies and deciet. Most have been drug into this by happenstance. They were simply friends of KC or friends of a friend, or old schoolmates who's name she chose to throw into a storyline. Or perhaps they share a name with one of her 'imaginary friends'. Then there are those who came into this case for the reason of finding Caylee. LE, FBI, LP, TM. LE and FBI had to come in as it is their job. Im sure that JB will try to besmirch detectives YM, JA, and NS. He'll fail, but he will try, nonetheless. LP, well, I'm quite fond of LP and the yarns he spins, but even he admitted that his inserting himself into this case was somewhat for the publicity. I give him some credit for his honesty even if I don't approve of all that he has said or done. Then, we have TM. His sole reason for coming into this fiasco, and yes, it has become a fiasco, was to find a missing child and bring her home. He didn't do it to get his face on t.v., or to get fodder for a sensationalized book. He simply wanted to find a missing child and bring her home, to give closure to a grieving family. As I recall, TM was incensed when LP suggested he make a show of finding Caylee's skull in the little Econ and pulling it out in front of the cameras. When I see TM on t.v., I can't break away from his eyes. He has the kindest, gentlest, most sincere eyes. You can practically see into his soul. The idea of JB and his dog and pony show going after TM and trying to sully him in any way, shape, form or fashion is an abomination and an afront to anyone with any decency. Sorry for the rant. I will climb down off of my soapbox now.

This is the guy I think Baez is looking for
posted on another thread and not sure where to put this
http://www.wesh.com/video/18255174/index.html

This video has an immediacy to it, even though months have passed. It kind of got me choked up. Let's say the defense calls this guy to attempt to prove that Caylee was not there when he searched the area. Look at his demeanor! This guy would end up being a wonderful witness for the State. That's the thing about Pandora's Box once you open it...

From Wikipedia: "Pandora had been given a large jar and instruction by Zeus to keep it closed, but she had also been given the gift of curiosity, and ultimately opened it. When she opened it, all of the evils, ills, diseases, and burdensome labor that mankind had not known previously, escaped from the jar, but it is said, that at the very bottom of her box, there lay hope."

:clap:
ITA,Friday,even those of us who have not had the honor to know or work with Tim,can see that.
We know the defense will use dirty tricks the day [or days] Tim takes the stand.On that day we should all flood the TES office with donations to let Tim and the searchers know we stand behind them.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

GREAT IDEA....................FLOOD TES WITH DONATIONS, THAT DAY AND EVERYDAY. Let's start our "spare change" drive again. A donation jar on your desk at work, your spare change at the end of a day, throw in that money it takes for Starbucks or a lunch out.....we CAN make a difference.

There has been and will be many victims of KC's lies and deciet. Most have been drug into this by happenstance. They were simply friends of KC or friends of a friend, or old schoolmates who's name she chose to throw into a storyline. Or perhaps they share a name with one of her 'imaginary friends'. Then there are those who came into this case for the reason of finding Caylee. LE, FBI, LP, TM. LE and FBI had to come in as it is their job. Im sure that JB will try to besmirch detectives YM, JA, and NS. He'll fail, but he will try, nonetheless. LP, well, I'm quite fond of LP and the yarns he spins, but even he admitted that his inserting himself into this case was somewhat for the publicity. I give him some credit for his honesty even if I don't approve of all that he has said or done. Then, we have TM. His sole reason for coming into this fiasco, and yes, it has become a fiasco, was to find a missing child and bring her home. He didn't do it to get his face on t.v., or to get fodder for a sensationalized book. He simply wanted to find a missing child and bring her home, to give closure to a grieving family. As I recall, TM was incensed when LP suggested he make a show of finding Caylee's skull in the little Econ and pulling it out in front of the cameras. When I see TM on t.v., I can't break away from his eyes. He has the kindest, gentlest, most sincere eyes. You can practically see into his soul. The idea of JB and his dog and pony show going after TM and trying to sully him in any way, shape, form or fashion is an abomination and an afront to anyone with any decency. Sorry for the rant. I will climb down off of my soapbox now.

:clap::clap::clap: Everything you say & then some. They say the eyes are the windows to your soul..............I think Tim's eyes are very much the window of his soul. JB has a job to do, I understand that, but he will not win points by trying to muddy anyone.

I think it would be very ill advised for JB & Co. to try and besmirch, taint, or impugn Tim or TES during the trial. Here is a man who lost his own daughter, turned his horrendous experience into something to help others, goes all over to help find the missing, came to Orlando to find Caylee, rallied and organized all the searchers, made a wise decision to pull out for fear of damaging her little body.....and then JB would attempt to call into question the search, the searchers, and Tim himself? Stupid, stupid, stupid. It would leave a distinct distaste in the jury's mouth. I'm not a legal expert (but I have served on a jury) and believe me, those things matter. If JB goes down that road, it will serve the SA well, IMO.

I think it would be very ill advised for JB & Co. to try and besmirch, taint, or impugn Tim or TES during the trial. Here is a man who lost his own daughter, turned his horrendous experience into something to help others, goes all over to help find the missing, came to Orlando to find Caylee, rallied and organized all the searchers, made a wise decision to pull out for fear of damaging her little body.....and then JB would attempt to call into question the search, the searchers, and Tim himself? Stupid, stupid, stupid. It would leave a distinct distaste in the jury's mouth. I'm not a legal expert (but I have served on a jury) and believe me, those things matter. If JB goes down that road, it will serve the SA well, IMO.

TEB: with all do respect, we all know that lawyers like JB will go to any length (or appear in as many cameos as they possibly can whether or not they are naively digging themselves/their clients deeper into the grave) to pick apart any-thing and any-one to discount logic, credibility, honesty, goodness, etc.. Sad and true. I have faith in TM, and will continue to say my prayers for him along with all of the others on the SA list. TM eyes tell me that justice will prevail, and it will prevail because of HIS loss and the AWESOME person/human being that he has become as a result of that devastating loss. And I think that the jury will feel the same way we WS'ers feel with little hesitation. I just can't wait for the trial. Kid yourself not, the dream team will grasp at any straw they can to save a client that likely won't ever pay them a cent. How awesome is that?????????????????

People often forget what inspired Texas Equisearch is Tim Miller's own tragic death of his daughter. This man I believe is highly credible, and well respected across the country by families, law enforcement, journalists and juries. It matters, but I do know that his testimony will help the prosecution, not the defense. Out of the entire cast of characters that may be called to the stand, he is the one I would think most jurors could believe without hesitation. I trust him.

I think CA will live to regret a lot of what she has said and done. When you've lost a loved one tragically, vodka or heavy medications, they both do the trick so CA has no room to speak. Difference is, everyday TM is revisiting that same emotion through others who have someone missing but at least he is doing something positive not negative. JMO

Edit to add: Oh, and Cindy...it's not Tim's urine back there in the woods...it's Kronks. Try to follow the script sweetheart.

BBM

LMAO!!!

:crazy::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads