Why no news? January 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.. I didn't get to see the whole episode the other night. I do see Kyron's picture in part 3.. I wonder if it was included because Kate Snow is the reported from Dateline who's done the Kyron stories?

At any rate, today the Sheriff officially announced the trucking deal. Stories on all the usual local MSM. No word about an update or public report on the case.

I watched some of the vignettes. I believe they describe them as missing children in the intro so I don't think it's that they have any different info than we do. As someone said before, familiar faces will help their ratings...

One of the vignettes featured one of my kids' schoolmates and her family but I hadn't known about it, just recognized the mom when watching. Thanks for sharing the link, Billylee...

I'm sorry, I think MCSO needs to be a lot more vocal about Kyron, reminding the public he still has not been found, telling them what to look for, either out in the elements, or if they are optimistic, out among the public.

They have never done much about coming out to show his clothing replica items again, which I think they should do once a month until he found. Who is going to look twice at a tattered bit of black t-shirt out in the woods or out on SI?

I know MCSO may think they know who the perp is, and where to locate that person when they have a case, but they still need help finding Kyron-they have not found him on their own and people need to be reminded. We live in a society that thinks about what they heard yesterday, not months or weeks ago.

Kyron needs to be found-I think that finding him is equally important to convicting someone right now, for his parents' sake, at least. Sure, do the truck thing, with his photo, but that is not the answer. I think most of LE realizes he is probably not alive and is somewhere close to Portland.

I'm sorry, I think MCSO needs to be a lot more vocal about Kyron, reminding the public he still has not been found, telling them what to look for, either out in the elements, or if they are optimistic, out among the public.

They have never done much about coming out to show his clothing replica items again, which I think they should do once a month until he found. Who is going to look twice at a tattered bit of black t-shirt out in the woods or out on SI?

I know MCSO may think they know who the perp is, and where to locate that person when they have a case, but they still need help finding Kyron-they have not found him on their own and people need to be reminded. We live in a society that thinks about what they heard yesterday, not months or weeks ago.

Kyron needs to be found-I think that finding him is equally important to convicting someone right now, for his parents's sake, at least. Sure, do the truck thing, with his photo, but that is not the answer. I think most of LE realizes he is probably not alive and is somewhere close to Portland.

That's my opinion too. It just seems a bit delusional to believe that Terri gave him to someone, and Kyron and this person are now living in New Hampshire, where Kyron goes to school and plays outside, and one of his classmates' parents will see the truck with his picture, recognize the new kid, call up Portland LE, and there will be a glorious reunion. This case has gotten national press so no one who knows Kyron in his new town put two and two together? I can only think of one case where the parent sold the child to someone else (Shaniya Davis), and the child was killed. And if Terri did sell Kyron to a pedo, I feel like the pedo would want a much younger child so they would be able to spend more time with the kid before they got "too old" Ew :( The sex ring theory comes up in every missing child case, and in pretty much every case, it was one person, usually someone close to the victim, who killed him or her.

Anyways, whether Terri was involved or not, whether Kyron is alive or dead, statistics show that he is most likely still in the Pacific Northwest area, even more likely that he is still in the Portland metro. I wouldn't be surprised if they found him extremely close to his home or Skyline.

Is there ANYTHING we haven't discussed yet about this case? Or something that we did discuss that deserves a rehashing? I just don't like how no developments = no posts here. I'm going to read old posts from Kyron's forum to see if there was anything we discussed back in June or July that might be good to talk about again, with new perspectives.

Edit: Wow. I'm reading old posts and there was a poll taken back in early July. 56% believed that there would be an arrest that week in Kyron's disappearance. 7 months later, and there's been no arrest, no conclusion, and no Kyron.

Hi Eileen, I try to keep my eyes open to the case, but today {not more than a 1/2 mile from my house} I did a second take when I passed the Soccerplex on Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy.

The smaller bldg closest to the Hwy had fogged windows. Hmmmm I jogged around to pass it again and saw the word SWIM !!! I took in a sharp breath realizing this is where Kyron and his baby sister had probably taken swimming lessons. All the time I had been looking for a sign saying 'Farber Swim School'. This had to be it.

A few calls later after returning home confirmed yes, that is where he gives swimming lessons. Almost a deja vu moment for me, thinking of the kids there, so close by, sometime ago before the worst thing happened and he went missing.

Adam Farber. I have always wondered about him since his name has been put out there. There are photos of him online holding both kids in the pool. How well did he know Terri or was it really all about the swimming ??? I wonder about that as I wander thru this case.

After all, he is a connection to Terri that we have hardly discussed. I'd like to know more about this. Could it be something that has been 'no news' on purpose? Or am I just a Sleuther that is scraping the edge :innocent:

xox

Hi Eileen, I try to keep my eyes open to the case, but today {not more than a 1/2 mile from my house} I did a second take when I passed the Soccerplex on Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy.

The smaller bldg closest to the Hwy had fogged windows. Hmmmm I jogged around to pass it again and saw the word SWIM !!! I took in a sharp breath realizing this is where Kyron and his baby sister had probably taken swimming lessons. All the time I had been looking for a sign saying 'Farber Swim School'. This had to be it.

A few calls later after returning home confirmed yes, that is where he gives swimming lessons. Almost a deja vu moment for me, thinking of the kids there, so close by, sometime ago before the worst thing happened and he went missing.

Adam Farber. I have always wondered about him since his name has been put out there. There are photos of him online holding both kids in the pool. How well did he know Terri or was it really all about the swimming ??? I wonder about that as I wander thru this case.

After all, he is a connection to Terri that we have hardly discussed. I'd like to know more about this. Could it be something that has been 'no news' on purpose? Or am I just a Sleuther that is scraping the edge :innocent:

xox

This is the first time I've heard the name Adam Farber. I googled him and it says he ran the swim school that Kyron and Baby K attended. How well did he know Terri? I would think it would just be your normal client relationship. I'm not sure how much we're allowed to discuss him since he hasn't been named much in MSM.

Can anyone steer me to posts about any of the Sauvie Island houseboats that were in the news earlier related to Ky? Were any near the residence of David Anthony Durham (suspect who shot officer Dodd)? There are two moorages just across from the mobile home he rents. I think we're going to see a tie-in somehow.

Oh, and it was reported that on Mon nite when LE screamed to Durham's home, an ambulance also went. Why an ambulance?

I believe it's Rocky Point and Happy Rock Moorages. Durham's addy is 24510 NW Sauvie Island Rd, Portland, OR 97231-1325. A narrow strip of land on the other side of the road, then Multnomah Channel, then the moorages (might not be directly across from his addy, but very closeby), which back up to one of the roads MCSO asked about in relation to TH's truck.

Durham's landlady lives about 1.5 miles from him on NW Lucy Reeder Rd. Isn't that where some of the searches for Ky were done?

What I find intriguing about the swim school is that there are many photos of baby K and a few of Kyron on the swim website.

http://farberswimschool.com/

It is intriguing especially because there aren't that many pictures of kids on there. It's not like there's a gallery of 1000 pictures and we can find a few with Kyron and Baby K. There's only a few; and the majority of them are of a Horman kid. And they used the same pictures of Baby K over and over. Does anyone know if there's a way to see the website before June 4th? I want to see if the same pictures were up then. I tried the Wayback Machine but it won't work. It is intriguing that the majority of pictures on a swim school's website are of a missing boy and his baby sister.

It is intriguing especially because there aren't that many pictures of kids on there. It's not like there's a gallery of 1000 pictures and we can find a few with Kyron and Baby K. There's only a few; and the majority of them are of a Horman kid. And they used the same pictures of Baby K over and over. Does anyone know if there's a way to see the website before June 4th? I want to see if the same pictures were up then. I tried the Wayback Machine but it won't work. The majority of pictures on a swim school's website are of a missing boy and his baby sister? Hmm.

I could be wrong, suffer from CRS sometimes, but I vaguely remember way back in the beginning that the owner of the swim site put those pictures of Kyron the website on purpose, to get his face out there.

I could be wrong, suffer from CRS sometimes, but I vaguely remember way back in the beginning that the owner of the swim site put those pictures of Kyron the website on purpose, to get his face out there.

Maybe I missed it but I don't see anything on the website that even says that the boy in the pictures is Kyron who's missing. I could only find one picture of Kyron (on the About Us page) and the picture is so small and since Kyron isn't wearing his glasses, even people who have heard about the case may not realize it's him. Putting pictures of a missing child on your website is a great idea but if you never say on the website, "Here's Kyron, who went to our school and is now missing," then what's the point? And why would there be so many pictures of Baby K; she's not missing.

Kyron needs to be found-I think that finding him is equally important to convicting someone right now, for his parents' sake, at least. Sure, do the truck thing, with his photo, but that is not the answer. I think most of LE realizes he is probably not alive and is somewhere close to Portland.

You know, that's a great idea that the parents of all missing children could do - get replicas of what their child was wearing, take pics of them, and send them out and put them in the media. They could post them on local hunting forums, their local Craigslist, other local websites, put them up in local stores, etc.

You know, that's a great idea that the parents of all missing children could do - get replicas of what their child was wearing, take pics of them, and send them out and put them in the media. They could post them on local hunting forums, their local Craigslist, other local websites, put them up in local stores, etc.

LE could do it, anyway, if parents are not willing or able to think in terms of what hunters might find. But it is another thing that LE could do on a regular basis to keep the items, as well as the child's face, in the public memory.

Maybe I missed it but I don't see anything on the website that even says that the boy in the pictures is Kyron who's missing. I could only find one picture of Kyron (on the About Us page) and the picture is so small and since Kyron isn't wearing his glasses, even people who have heard about the case may not realize it's him. Putting pictures of a missing child on your website is a great idea but if you never say on the website, "Here's Kyron, who went to our school and is now missing," then what's the point? And why would there be so many pictures of Baby K; she's not missing.

So what exactly are you implying? :waitasec:

So what exactly are you implying? :waitasec:

I'm not implying anything. I just don't see how putting up pictures of Kyron on their website without saying he's missing is going to bring awareness to his case. If someone doesn't know anything about this case, and they see Kyron's picture, they're going to just think he's a kid who goes to the swim school; not a missing child.

Just FYI, I did see Kyron's face go by in the beginning of NG's new series about the missing...no idea what date he might be on, but it does look as though she plans to include him. The series runs another 5-6 weeks or so.

FYI this took very little searching, but it may be what you're looking for.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107865&highlight=swim

Watching Dateline tonight, about another case, the prosecutor defines a "cold case" as one with no new viable tips, no physical evidence and no way to bring charges against the POI or suspect...

This sounds sadly possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member