WHY was JonBenet really killed - Motive?

BlueCrab said:
UKGuy,

Officer French was primarily looking for two things in the basement when he searched at about 6:05 AM: a place of entry/exit for a kidnapper; and the possibility that the kidnapper was still hiding in the basement. He found neither. French unlatched but didn't force open the stuck door to the wine room because it was latched on French's side of the door, making it impossible that the kidnapper was in the wine room -- so he left it and continued on with his search.

Fleet White, who searched the basement about 15 minutes after French searched it, was primarily looking for JonBenet and was calling out her name as he searched. When Fleet unlatched the door and forced the stuck wine room door open he leaned into the darkened room and looked around, but saw nothing unusual. He too didn't pursue the matter because, like French, the door had been latched on the outside, so JonBenet couldn't have been hiding in there.

However, when John and Fleet searched the basement at 1:05 PM they found the body in plain sight in the middle of the wine room floor, just one or two steps away from the door. Even though the room was dark when he had leaned in and peered into it at around 6:20 AM, Fleet reportedly insists that, since JonBenet was wrapped in a white blanket and almost directly under his nose, he would have seen the body HAD IT BEEN THERE! Apparently, in Fleet White's opinion, the body had been moved.

IMO this was the basis for the falling out between John Ramsey and Fleet White. It appears Fleet knows the body had been moved, and therefore he knows a Ramsey had to have been involved in the death of JonBenet. Fleet wanted John to come clean, but John chose the coverup route and began to throw innocent people under the bus, including an exasperated Fleet White and his family.

It looks like Fleet has since come up with other evidence that convinces him that a Ramsey is involved in the crime and the Ramseys are covering it up.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab,

Thanks for the information, hope you will continue to contribute.

It looks like Fleet has since come up with other evidence that convinces him that a Ramsey is involved in the crime and the Ramseys are covering it up.

I would love to hear what else he has uncovered, with Patsy gone, I wonder if he will feel able to air his suspicions?

"It looks like Fleet has since come up with other evidence that convinces him that a Ramsey is involved in the crime and the Ramseys are covering it up."

If so, he's playing it close to the vest.

BlueCrab said:
UKGuy,

Officer French was primarily looking for two things in the basement when he searched at about 6:05 AM: a place of entry/exit for a kidnapper; and the possibility that the kidnapper was still hiding in the basement. He found neither. French unlatched but didn't force open the stuck door to the wine room because it was latched on French's side of the door, making it impossible that the kidnapper was in the wine room -- so he left it and continued on with his search.

Fleet White, who searched the basement about 15 minutes after French searched it, was primarily looking for JonBenet and was calling out her name as he searched. When Fleet unlatched the door and forced the stuck wine room door open he leaned into the darkened room and looked around, but saw nothing unusual. He too didn't pursue the matter because, like French, the door had been latched on the outside, so JonBenet couldn't have been hiding in there.

However, when John and Fleet searched the basement at 1:05 PM they found the body in plain sight in the middle of the wine room floor, just one or two steps away from the door. Even though the room was dark when he had leaned in and peered into it at around 6:20 AM, Fleet reportedly insists that, since JonBenet was wrapped in a white blanket and almost directly under his nose, he would have seen the body HAD IT BEEN THERE! Apparently, in Fleet White's opinion, the body had been moved.

IMO this was the basis for the falling out between John Ramsey and Fleet White. It appears Fleet knows the body had been moved, and therefore he knows a Ramsey had to have been involved in the death of JonBenet. Fleet wanted John to come clean, but John chose the coverup route and began to throw innocent people under the bus, including an exasperated Fleet White and his family.

BlueCrab
Where did Fleet White state that he had leaned into the dark room? I remember reading that he merely stood at the threshold, possibly blocking light from entering the room with his body silhouette, and since JB's body was a little to the left, maybe he didn't see it?

I know JR said he was down in the basement, but wouldn't it have been awfully risky for John to move JB's body around with detectives already at the scene?

rashomon said:
Where did Fleet White state that he had leaned into the dark room? I remember reading that he merely stood at the threshold, possibly blocking light from entering the room with his body silhouette, and since JB's body was a little to the left, maybe he didn't see it?

I know JR said he was down in the basement, but wouldn't it have been awfully risky for John to move JB's body around with detectives already at the scene?

rashomon,

I don't remember where I read that about Fleet White "leaning into the room". You could be right.

Yes, it would have been risky to move the body, but all John would have needed to say if caught red-handed carrying JonBenet's body to move it is "I found her".

John was nervously pacing the floor upstairs waiting for something to happen while Arndt was the only cop on the scene. Patsy was sitting in the sun room a nervous wreck. IMO John, if he did indeed move the body, probably took advantage of this opportunity and moved the body so it could be more easily found.

Please remember that John suspiciously didn't reveal to anyone until four months later, during the 1997 interviews, that he had snuck downstairs into the basement by himself that morning "to check the basement window", even though everyone had been ordered to stay together in the sun room. His excuse for being in the basement didn't make much sense, and why did he wait four months before telling anyone about the secret basement visit? What was he hiding?

BlueCrab

Good thinking, BlueCrab, that French was mainly looking for the kidnapper and figured he couldn't be in there because the door was latched on the outside.
Didn't he also say it was stuck? Maybe I need to read through the last few posts again but I thought I noticed that someone said FW also said it was stuck. I really don't remember that in whichever book we're getting this from, probably PMPT but I could be wrong.

SuperDave, I didn't take offense at whatever you said you said, not to worry. I remember you often apologized at the other forum. I'm usually just skimming, and we're sort of trained here not to react to anything, you might like to remember, very strict rules. We have nerves of steel,lol.

Yes, I'm sure French still regrets not opening that door.

Eagle1 said:
Good thinking, BlueCrab, that French was mainly looking for the kidnapper and figured he couldn't be in there because the door was latched on the outside.
Didn't he also say it was stuck? Maybe I need to read through the last few posts again but I thought I noticed that someone said FW also said it was stuck. I really don't remember that in whichever book we're getting this from, probably PMPT but I could be wrong.

SuperDave, I didn't take offense at whatever you said you said, not to worry. I remember you often apologized at the other forum. I'm usually just skimming, and we're sort of trained here not to react to anything, you might like to remember, very strict rules. We have nerves of steel,lol.

Yes, I'm sure French still regrets not opening that door.

Well, I was merely giving my intent.

French must have been believing the RN that the victim was kidnapped.

Or maybe his excuse would be that it was early morning during holidays, or something like that.

SD, I know. I just mean as part of your welcome, ya gotta be extra, extra tactful, not ever sound like you're enemies with anyone. I don't suppose you could say anything to help NC, back at the other forum where we all knew each other. Didn't think that could happen there.

"French must have been believing the RN that the victim was kidnapped."

Indeed. He had no reason not to.

"I don't suppose you could say anything to help NC, back at the other forum where we all knew each other. Didn't think that could happen there."

Well, it did! I suppose I could try. But she's not too pleased with it. I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you why.

If the person who took JonBenet from her bed were a stranger then there would be no need to kill her IMO. Nope, the person who took her from her bed killed her so she couldn't identify him.

Again, IMO the killer was not someone unknown to the family and was most likely a family member.

Eagle1 said:
French must have been believing the RN that the victim was kidnapped.

Or maybe his excuse would be that it was early morning during holidays, or something like that.

SD, I know. I just mean as part of your welcome, ya gotta be extra, extra tactful, not ever sound like you're enemies with anyone. I don't suppose you could say anything to help NC, back at the other forum where we all knew each other. Didn't think that could happen there.
Are you a mod here Eagle?..and do you think the happenings at another forum might be better discussed in Pms

I agree. This is a personal matter between me, Eagle1 and Narlacat.

Moving on...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back