Why were JB's arms over her head?

JMO, what you said seems most likely, especially since based on police interviews with Patsy, they questioned her about the opened gift packages that were found in the basement. I believe Patsy said she had to open the corners of the packages to peek in and see if she could find Burke's birthday gifts that were among the wrapped Christmas gifts. Apparently, according to Patsy, she bought this stuff in New York and had the store gift wrap the presents and ship them to Boulder for her. The birthday gifts and Christmas gifts were wrapped in like paper and she couldn't tell them apart.

It would be interesting to know if photographs taken in the basement could pinpoint the time the gifts were unwrapped.

By the way, I believe, if I remember correctly, Melinda, her fiance, and John Andrew had to change planes somewhere along the route from Atlanta to Charlesvoix. John called the layover airport and left an emergency message for the children to call Boulder before changing planes. At that point, John told them JonBenet had been kidnapped and for them to fly to Boulder. I believe this is covered in DOI. I'm not sure what to read into that action -- why not tell them to return to Atlanta? It would seem only an innocent parent (or maybe a truly cagey one) would tell the kids to come on to Boulder. Why would John risk letting the older children see JonBenet in rigor if John already knew JonBenet was dead. Seems like John would want to protect the older children from being exposed to that.

what I see in it is that if JR had truly thought it was a KN,then he wouldn't have wanted his other kids to come to town...he would have told them to STAY AWAY...I also think he decided it was imperative that JB be found b/f they arrived...thus his nervousness noticed by Arndt.
I think it was a lot like calling the friends over..a cushion bet. themselves and LE.Only they were even more important to JR than the friends were...they could vouch for him as being a devoted father who would never harm his child...I think he was counting on that.

Yes, after all- even Nedra and Grandpa Paugh didn't come to Boulder. And the Rs KNEW they intended to flee, I mean go to Atlanta for the funeral days later anyway.

Yes, after all- even Nedra and Grandpa Paugh didn't come to Boulder. And the Rs KNEW they intended to flee, I mean go to Atlanta for the funeral days later anyway.

seems they sure didn't want to risk being questioned by Boulder LE did they.perhaps they knew some family secrets..

does anyone know what time the older kids left Atlanta? was it too late to tell them to stay there? even so,JR could have told them to go back once he got ahold of them.

what I see in it is that if JR had truly thought it was a KN,then he wouldn't have wanted his other kids to come to town...he would have told them to STAY AWAY...I also think he decided it was imperative that JB be found b/f they arrived...thus his nervousness noticed by Arndt.
I think it was a lot like calling the friends over..a cushion bet. themselves and LE.Only they were even more important to JR than the friends were...they could vouch for him as being a devoted father who would never harm his child...I think he was counting on that.

You have given me another "Aha!" moment. Thank you, JMO8778.

The way her arms are in the photos taken the night of Dec 26 look like those of someone who was instinctually bracing themself for a fall before they hit the floor face forward, imo.

-Tea

The way her arms are in the photos taken the night of Dec 26 look like those of someone who was instinctually bracing themself for a fall before they hit the floor face forward, imo.

-Tea

I know what you mean, though keep in mind there was shortening (contracting) of the muscles from rigor mortis. That can bend the elbows, as well as the fingers and cause joints to contract. Because she was in full rigor when found, we just don't know how she was really left when she died. It can only be determined how some things occurred, like the fact the the ligatuure was made on her while she was on her stomach (the anterior urine stains also suggest she was on her stomach when she died). Yet she was allegedly found on her back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back