GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAUKESHA, Wis. — One of two Wisconsin girls charged with stabbing a classmate to impress the fictitious horror character Slender Man will plead guilty in a deal that calls for her to avoid prison time, attorneys announced Friday.

Fifteen-year-old Morgan Geyser will remain in a state mental hospital under an agreement announced in a court hearing two weeks before her trial was set to start. The deal calls for Geyser to be evaluated by doctors who will report to a judge for a determination of how long she should remain in treatment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/s...gan-geyser-will-plead-guilty-stabbing-n805901

Plea deal means no trial for Morgan Geyser in 'Slender Man' stabbing case
Updated: 7:10 PM CDT Sep 29, 2017
WAUKESHA —
One of two Wisconsin girls charged with stabbing a classmate to impress horror character Slender Man will plead guilty in a deal that calls for her to avoid prison time and instead receive treatment for mental illness, attorneys announced Friday.

The deal calls for doctors to evaluate 15-year-old Morgan Geyser and report to a judge to determine how long she should remain in a state mental hospital. . .

Unlike Weier, Geyser will plead guilty to the original charge from prosecutors. But Geyser won't face a sentencing phase where attorneys would argue that she was mentally ill when the crime occurred and shouldn't face prison time. A plea hearing to formalize Geyser's deal is Thursday.

(. . .)

Prosecutors concede insanity plea for Morgan Geyser in Slender Man stabbing case
Bruce Vielmetti, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 9:12 a.m. CT Sept. 29, 2017 | Updated 4:15 p.m. CT Sept. 29, 2017

WAUKESHA - Prosecutors in the Slender Man stabbing have reached a plea agreement that will avoid a trial for the second girl charged in the case.

Morgan Geyser, 15, was scheduled to go before a jury next month, but will instead plead guilty as charged but not be held criminally liable and remain at the state mental hospital where she has been getting treatment for about 18 months.

It worries me that she comes out at 18, and gets pregnant. So many scary things could happen to her child, in her care...

It is scary. I remember a friend in New Zealand telling me, when I expressed alarm that his bull terrier. was allowed to roam the neighborhood sheep paddocks, he basically said that if a dog attacks sheep, they're put down because once a dog tastes blood they're a dog gone bad. And that's it.

It was so matter of fact.

Im against the death penalty and don't think kids of course should be put to death. (That's barbaric). But my point is that these very disturbed kids have tasted blood. If their conditions are such that mental illness caused them to do this, that's a severe illness. People don't recover from something like that. They will remain a danger to society for life, IMO. Perhaps if they showed stability on medication after decades, and were strictly monitored for life?

Otherwise, let them be in a nice facility with tennis and art and school and whatever. Where they are treated gently. But not released. How can they ever not be a danger? Keeping mentally ill people on their medications is extremely difficult.

Just saw this in the Rolling Stone -- interesting read:

[h=1]'Slender Man' Trial: What's Next for Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier
[/h] In 2014, two Wisconsin girls stabbed their friend to appease an Internet bogeyman. Now separate juries have determined their futures

Last Thursday, Morgan Geyser was
committed to a Wisconsin-based mental hospital after she pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree homicide in trying to kill her sixth-grade classmate in 2014. It was supposed to be a sacrifice to Slender Man, an online fictional horror character.

Prosecutors asked Judge Bohren to commit her to 40 years. Doctors at the state Department of Health Service are set to evaluate Geyser by November 13th and recommend to the court how long she should remain committed to a hospital. (Geyser's attorney did not respond to request for comment.)

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...mail&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=101117_16

Judge rules Anissa Weier should be committed for mental health treatment for 25 years

WAUKESHA, Wis. —
A Waukesha County judge has ruled one of the two girls who stabbed a sixth-grade classmate to please the fictional internet character Slender Man will be committed to a mental health institution for 25 years

Anissa Weier, 16, was found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect earlier this year in the stabbing of Payton Leutner in 2014.

http://www.wisn.com/article/slender-man-attacker-to-be-sentenced-today/14479555

Do the girls have the same Judge presiding over their cases? Thanks.

From the Chicago Tribune:
One of two Wisconsin girls who tried to kill a classmate to win favor with a fictional horror character named Slender Man was sentenced Thursday to 25 years in a mental hospital, the maximum punishment possible.
Anissa Weier, 16, pleaded guilty in August to being a party to attempted second-degree intentional homicide, but she claimed she wasn't responsible for her actions because she was mentally ill. In September, a jury agreed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...der-man-stabbing-sentence-20171221-story.html

I'll write about this case, the sentencing, and more tomorrow. Right now. It's bedtime for this old bat. Gotta find my gravity boots, hang upside down and sleep.

Thanks all for participating.

Tricia

I do believe that if released, Morgan and Anissa would kill someone, not because they are mentally ill but because they've already stabbed someone with the intent to kill and once you know how that feels, is there ever a going back?

I do believe that if released, Morgan and Anissa would kill someone, not because they are mentally ill but because they've already stabbed someone with the intent to kill and once you know how that feels, is there ever a going back?

Asked someone who has fought in a war.

I watched the trial of Anissa Weier, and feel that she was and still is a very manipulative youngster.

She got the verdict that she wanted, though I think that she may be very unhappy that the judge sentenced her to the max. Her attorney asked for around half of the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500