WI WI - Amber Wilde, 19, pregnant, Green Bay, 23 Sept 1998

I am not too far from Wittenberg myself.. I would love to see where they are digging.
I hope they finally find something...

Has Amber been identified??? Just wondering why she is classfied under the located section.

Bless you Amber.

She is not the located section... She is the Missing/Located Discussion Forum.
She has not been found.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/12311521.html

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Green Bay police have decided to end their search in a Shawano County field for evidence in the disappearance of a Green Bay woman more than nine years ago.

Police and Shawano County sheriff's deputies brought in two search and rescue dogs to check site that had been excavated. The dogs gave no further indication of a scent.

So authorities have decided to end the search and fill in the unearthed ground.

Police said a new lead led them to return this week to an eight-acre field in Shawano County east of Wittenberg. It was initially searched in 2001.
Authorities have said a former boyfriend of Wilde had a connection to a work crew that was in the area around the time she went missing.

Amber Wilde went missing for the University of Wisconsin campus? Unsolved? Still no updates on this lovely missing woman. Unbelievable. I hope and pray for some information on this case.

I don't think the Wilde and Chuprevich cases are connected. The women disappeared five years apart, they were a decade apart in age, not the same race, etc. Furthermore, one of Chuprevich's relatives seems to be the prime suspect in her case, whereas it seems like the police think Wilde's boyfriend was involved in her case. Unless the boyfriend is also Chuprevich's stepson-in-law I don't see where the similaries come in. The only common factors are missing women, the state of Wisconsin and the way their cars were both found abandoned at bar parking lots.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/chuprevich_areerat.html

I don't think the Wilde and Chuprevich cases are connected. The women disappeared five years apart, they were a decade apart in age, not the same race, etc. Furthermore, one of Chuprevich's relatives seems to be the prime suspect in her case, whereas it seems like the police think Wilde's boyfriend was involved in her case. Unless the boyfriend is also Chuprevich's stepson-in-law I don't see where the similaries come in. The only common factors are missing women, the state of Wisconsin and the way their cars were both found abandoned at bar parking lots.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/chuprevich_areerat.html

http://www.htrnews.com/article/20081203/GPG0101/81203020/1978

3 Dec 08

The remains found in a shallow grave in Morrison are the body of Areerat Chuprevich, a 32-year-old Allouez woman missing since April 2003, a source close to the investigation confirmed today.

and

The man authorities identified as the prime suspect in her disappearance – 41-year-old Karl McLeod – hanged himself in May 15, 2006 while an inmate at the secure Wisconsin Resource Center where he was serving a 10-year prison for an unrelated beating case.

much more at link

Anyone able to connect (Karl W.) McLeod with the Morrison area or southeastern Brown County is asked to call the Brown Sheriff’s Department at (920) 448-4226, Sanborn said. Investigators are trying to establish if McLeod had connections to people or property in that area.

http://www.htrnews.com/article/20081203/GPG0101/81203020/1978

Greenleaf, WI is 5.7 miles west of Morrison, WI. Online address records show a Gilbert G. McLeod lived in Greenleaf, WI. I don't know the exact street address where Gilbert G. McLeod lived in Greenleaf, but if the BCSD were to find out and interview the neighbors maybe they could determine whether Karl McLeod also lived at that residence. That residence could also be where both women were taken. Who knows what evidence could be found there? Wilde's remains possibly?

Chuprevich’s remains were found near County Rd ZZ & County Rd N which is located near Copperstown Swamp just east of Morrison, WI.

That's a connection establishing that McLeod had connections to people or property in that area.

They also show him as having lived at 133 S. Fisk St., Green Bay, WI and 212 Woodlawn Ave., Green Bay, WI. Those are also the same previous addresses of Karl W. McLeod and links the fact that they both lived together at one time. I don't know what their family ties are.

That's a connection showing they knew each other.

Both women's vehicles were found at local taverns. One didn't go to bars and the other was recently in an accident and had a bad headache and likely wasn't in the mood to drink.

"Authorities found her car a week after she vanished in the parking lot of a sports bar near Lambeau Field. Her purse was in the trunk, and the keys were in the ignition with the driver's seat rolled back - too far, they say, for Wilde to have been able to reach the pedals."

Online address records show that Gilbert G. McLeod also once lived at 1378 Suburban Ave., Green Bay, WI, which is several blocks from the unnamed tavern parking lot on the south side of Lombardi Access Rd by Lambeau Field where Wilde's car was found.

This is another connection showing that Gilbert and/or Karl McLeod could have parked Wilde's car at the bar and walked the several blocks home.

"Areerat Chuprevich’s Jeep Liberty was found April 28, 2003 locked and parked in the lot of St. Michael’s Pub on Riverside Drive in Allouez, a few blocks from the Mariner Motel where she lived with her husband. Described as a quiet, hardworking woman trying to learn English, Chuprevich didn’t frequent bars."

There are too many coincidences to ignore and pass off as unrelated. Ages and races of victims don't really matter to rapists and killers. Killer rapists can go for decades before they are caught, so 5-6 years between the two cases are irrelevant.

The only difference in the two cases were that the keys and purse were left in Wilde's car but were missing from Chuprevich's car. That doesn't necessarily make the cases unrelated to each other.

The Wilde and Chuprevich home addresses were only 4 miles from each other on the same side of town.

My online sources were derived from:

Online newspaper articles and missing person reports
Privateeye.com
Zabasearch
Google maps
Intelius.com
Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

The Google map link below shows (takes 15 seconds to load):

2222 Riverside Dr #2, Allouez, WI = Chuprevich motel address
2000 August St, Green Bay, WI = Wilde apartment block address
1539 Riverside Dr, Allouez, WI‎ = Chuprevich car found
1265 Lombardi Ave, Ashwaubenon, WI = Stadium address apprx Wilde car found (unnamed tavern parking lot on the south side of Lombardi Access Rd)
1378 Suburban Ave, Green Bay, WI = Gilbert McLeod previous address
Morrison, WI = Chuprevich remains found County ZZ & County N (by Copperstown Swamp) Greenleaf is just west of Morrison, WI on Hy 96 on map and is previous town where Gilbert McLeod once lived.
133 S Fisk St, Green Bay, WI = previous address of Gilbert & Karl McLeod
212 Woodlawn, Green Bay, WI = previous address of Gilbert & Karl McLeod

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2222+Riverside+Dr+%232,+GREEN+BAY,+WI+54301&daddr=2000+August+St,+green+bay,+wi+to:1539+Riverside+Dr,+Green+Bay,+WI%E2%80%8E+to:S+Ashland+Ave%2FWI-32+to:1265+Lombardi+Ave,+green+bay,+wi+to:1378+SUBURBAN+AVE,green+bay,+wi+to:44.498464,-88.017654+to:morrison,+wi+to:Lime+Kiln+Rd+to:133+s+fisk+st,+green+bay,+wi+to:212+woodlawn,+green+bay,+wi&hl=en&geocode=%3B%3B%3BFQD3pgId_JPA-g%3B%3B%3B%3B%3BFabTpgIdZo3B-g%3B%3B&mra=dpe&mrcr=4&mrsp=6&sz=11&via=3,6,8&sll=44.418088,-88.032074&sspn=0.244238,0.439453&ie=UTF8&z=11

The primary suspect was Karl McLeod, who committed suicide by hanging while in a prison facility in Oshkosh on May 16, 2006. McLeod was Chuprevich's step son-in-law.

While the case might appear to be closed, Gossage said it is not.

"Anyone with any information tying Areerat Chuprevich or Karl McLeod to the southern region of Brown County, it would be very helpful for Brown County investigators to have this information," Gossage said.

McLeod had no ties to the Morrison area that detectives know of. He lived on an old farm in the Town of Pensaukee in Oconto County.

The person who buried a body in the thickly wooded marsh likely has ties to the Morrison area, according to Capt. Jeff Sanborn, the county's top investigator.
"Somebody usually, if they do dump a corpse, percentages are that they dump them in a place that they're familiar with themselves," Sanborn said. "That's why we're asking for help from the community that can link Karl McLeod or the family to the southern end of Brown County and why he would possibly have gone there."

Sanborn said the case is not closed. He said someone in addition to McLeod could have been involved in the murder or in the disposal of the body.
"Nothing limits this to just one person being involved," Sanborn said. "We are going back to reinterview people we interviewed back in 2003."

He said the investigation would focus on determining if anyone else was involved in the Chuprevich murder and if McLeod might have been responsible for other unsolved missing persons cases.

The grave was on an 80-acre tract of low-lying woodlands owned by the Jo Ann Hogan Marital Trust, according to Brown County online property tax records.

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20081205/APC0901/812050332/1536

Bump

This month will mark 12 years that Amber has been missing. Come home soon.

This case is extremely close to home & to my heart as where I live currently is nearby the area where they found Amber's car. I hope the case is closed very soon so some of our minds are at ease.

WSAW TV Channel 7's article states:

The Green Bay Police Department says a search related to the disappearance of a woman missing since 1998 is being conducted in Portage County near Waupaca. Investigators were searching an area near Durant Road north of Highway 54 Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/Waupaca-area-Searched-for-Woman-Missing-Since-1998-281665711.html

The Green Bay Press Gazette also stated:

Police said the search involved an area that had been searched in 2000, but were not releasing further details. The property is owned by a relative of a person who knew Wilde, the official said.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/local/2014/11/05/waupaca-site-searched-amber-wilde-clues/18544611/

Does anyone know the name of the property owner? Below is an updated Wisconsin serial killer map (the map is running out of room to put names on) to reflect this new development and these cases are discussed at WS's WI WI - Tanna Togstad & Timothy Mumbrue, Weyauwega, 21 Mar 1992, Stabbed to Death

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?229592-WI-Tanna-Togstad-amp-Timothy-Mumbrue-Weyauwega-21-Mar-1992-Stabbed-to-Death/page4&highlight=togstad

Actually, I pretty much discuss this case with just myself. Since I mentioned the words "serial killer" everybody done run off.

Does anyone know the name of the property owner?

Attachments

• serkil1152014update.jpg
    serkil1152014update.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 145

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members