GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

The victims are very lucky to be in an area where help was able to reach them. I don't know how many of them were airlifted.

The defense is really trying to put words in the victim's mouth, with Anthony Carlson. They keep insinuating that Anthony saw Miu "surrounded" when he approached the group in the river. Also calling his memory faulty because he was in shock - from being stabbed himself as well as helping hold in the guts of his other stabbed friend (and watching them die)!

At first I assumed the group were simply yelling out random things to get Miu to leave, but Miu actually said he was "looking for little girls". How bizarre. The witness also thought it was bizarre when he heard it. That really rang true to me, when you hear something odd like that, it doesn't spark immediate rage but rather confusion and concern. The witness couldn't tell if this was sarcasm on Miu's part? Was Miu just a drunk guy with a bad "joke"?

The video shows it was Miu who started getting physical when he started touching people's tubes and pushing them (Miu still has his snorkel mask at this point).

I can't get over the look on Miu's face during the whole attack. He looks like he has shark eyes, kind of a dead look and his face is slack like he is incredibly inebriated.

Miu had no one behind him when he pulled out the knife on the two women telling him to leave. It's clear in the video, you can see the empty water behind him. Instead of turning around and leaving, he randomly stabs one of the women?

I hope he doesn't have a gun at home.

DAY 2 – 4/2/24

Posted at 7:44 AM, April 3, 2024

1712160799159.png
Isaac Schuman was 17 when he was killed in a stabbing while tubing on the Apple River. (Court Exhibit)

Could not agree with you more! This was a lumpy, middle-aged man who had been humiliated by younger people who accurately noticed his weirdness. It was ultimately about reclaiming pride. No one was going to drown him on the river and he didn’t think they would. However, he was going to show them he couldn’t be treated demeaningly. I’m stunned that this is his first contact with the justice system. He obviously was a powder keg.
Ita.
Curious if NM had previous encounters with anyone before this ?

10:40 a.m. - A.J. Martin: ‘My stomach was open and my intestines were in my hands’​

Updated April 3, 2024 12:09pm CDT

IMO - Absent clarification on when the accused defendant drew his knife, opened it, and began to use it - based on the pictures of the one victim in thread post #126 above - it seems IMO the INTENT of the assailant was quite evident. And yet another individual was slain and killed. MOO

That is a good point. When was the knife drawn?

Did he have it in his pocket and only drew it when he was dunked in the river the first time? Or the second time?

What glimpse I saw it looked like he had it in his hand already when he lunged at the boy on the right who punched him when he was down...so he pulled it before then but I don't really see it in the video?

Anyone know when he pulled the knife out?

Sending love to A.J. and the other victims.
Proud of A.J. feeling strong enough to clarify what he experienced despite the defense again trying to put words in his mouth.
Glad the judge is finally slapping down the repetitive questions.

It's obvious all the witnesses and victims are traumatized, and now they have to defend their life-threatening experiences in front of their attacker.

What was Miu's BAC or was he tested for opioid use or prescription pill problems?
I guess the tests would not be accurate because he fled the scene?

He tried to gut a human like a fish. He wanted to cause lethal harm. Miu is lucky only one victim died. I wonder if he ever questioned his own actions.

These young adults have a much higher emotional intelligence than their "mature" attacker.

What was Miu's BAC or was he tested for opioid use or prescription pill problems?
I guess the tests would not be accurate because he fled the scene?

He tried to gut a human like a fish. He wanted to cause lethal harm. Miu is lucky only one victim died. I wonder if he ever questioned his own actions.

These young adults have a much higher emotional intelligence than their "mature" attacker.
Thank you housewife! I wanted to use that exact word ‘gut’ in my post above and thank you for including that emphasis. I had to sit on my hands as I was posting, after seeing that picture of AJM above. But that is exactly how it appeared. The assailant and accused defendant NM IMO did not seem to be functioning in a self-defense mode from the wounds he inflicted. Some fatal as well. MOO

That is a good point. When was the knife drawn?

Did he have it in his pocket and only drew it when he was dunked in the river the first time? Or the second time?

What glimpse I saw it looked like he had it in his hand already when he lunged at the boy on the right who punched him when he was down...so he pulled it before then but I don't really see it in the video?

Anyone know when he pulled the knife out?
He drew the knife (and opened it) when he was being confronted by the 2 women. But he kept it down at his side. The prosecution showed some stills of it at his side in their opening statement. And the defense admitted it in their opening statement but said, "yes, but he didn't brandish it." (As if that made it alright?) And he had that silly smirk on his face.

Here's a screen capture from the live Law&Crime coverage from day 1 of the trial. You can see the knife in his hand when talking to the two women. (and link to the video: L&C live video - day 1 )
1712175628374.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeNe79