Identified! WI - Ashford, I-41, Wht/HispFem 15-21, 764UFWI, in creek, Nov'08 - Amy Marie Yeary

Reading comments and info on Facebook it appears she asked her mum to come get her but her car wasn't running so she couldn't. Then Amy got mad and they never heard from her again.

The thing that really Pees me off is all the comments from people blaming her poor Mother.

They do this all the time on there. AS IF the parents and families aren't suffering enough. :oops::oops:

Reading comments and info on Facebook it appears she asked her mum to come get her but her car wasn't running so she couldn't. Then Amy got mad and they never heard from her again.

The thing that really Pees me off is all the comments from people blaming her poor Mother.

They do this all the time on there. AS IF the parents and families aren't suffering enough. :oops::oops:

I agree. Amy was an adult and not living with her mom. And try to control a rebellious young adult...

I feel as though when I read those kinds of comments, they're very often from people who have very small children. They have no idea what parenting a teenager, or being the parent of an adult/grown "child" is like.

They're still in the phase where they're terrified of being judged because their toddler ate a cheese puff instead of a broccoli tree, or for working or being a stay at home parent or for whatever it is on the playground today, and/or they're smugly sitting there feeling like parent of the year because so far, being a parent for the year, or two or six has been easy. Maybe their lives have also always been easy. So it is easy to be all "I WOULD MOVE HEAVEN AND EARTH AND BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

They quite literally do not understand everyone does not share the same experience, and a 16 year old, an 18 year old, a 24 year old, etc so much different than the child they can still fully control and keep tabs on 24-7.

Her mother must feel terrible, and probably has replayed that call over and over and over.... :(

I feel as though when I read those kinds of comments, they're very often from people who have very small children. They have no idea what parenting a teenager, or being the parent of an adult/grown "child" is like.

They're still in the phase where they're terrified of being judged because their toddler ate a cheese puff instead of a broccoli tree, or for working or being a stay at home parent or for whatever it is on the playground today, and/or they're smugly sitting there feeling like parent of the year because so far, being a parent for the year, or two or six has been easy. Maybe their lives have also always been easy. So it is easy to be all "I WOULD MOVE HEAVEN AND EARTH AND BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

They quite literally do not understand everyone does not share the same experience, and a 16 year old, an 18 year old, a 24 year old, etc so much different than the child they can still fully control and keep tabs on 24-7.

Her mother must feel terrible, and probably has replayed that call over and over and over.... :(
here here!!!! i have found being a parent to age 16-21 THEE most challenging by far! oh for the days of sleepless newborn nights or toddler tantrums.

Amys sister is very active and vocal on social media and had searched for her on social media for many years.
Blaming the family that they have not tried enough it absolutely outrageous.
Social media and news comment sections are generally horrible, unfortunately. Too many people seemingly feeling obligated to assign blame by making presumptions based on their own interpretations and experiences. Family situations and dynamics can be complex.

From the video...
  • Amy was 18 years old when she died.
  • ID'd through 3 means: DNA comparison with her mother, DNA comparison with her sister, dentals.
  • Late summer 2008 she made a phone call to her mother saying she was in Beloit, Wisconsin, and wanted a ride home. Mom was in northern Illinois, couldn't give her a ride home due to extenuating circumstances. Amy was never heard from again.
  • No official MP report filed, family looked for her on their own.
  • More tests being performed to try to find new forensic evidence.
  • Amy was a victim of sex trafficking and was transient.
  • In the weeks before she died, Amy is known to have spent time in the Milwaukee, Chicago, and Beloit areas.
  • Plea for anyone with information to come forward.

The short answer is that she was identified via genetic genealogy... obviously law enforcement will often have a somewhat convoluted response because they want to seem like they primarily solved the case

It’s absolutely infuriating how people don’t file missing persons reports.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back