GUILTY WI - Beau Butschke, 28, Oconomowoc, 14 July 2011

Beau was a good friend of my co-worker. It is a homicide but I don't want to say too much as it may jeopardize the investigation...but it was truly a senseless crime.

The owner of the storage facility, Mike Herro, said he noticed a lock on the unit last week but it hadn't been leased. A neighboring tenant complained of bugs in his unit. When Herro checked it out, he could smell decay coming from the adjacent unit. He called authorities to be there when he opened the door. They discovered Butschke and his pickup truck inside.

http://www.wisn.com/news/28700342/detail.html#ixzz1TavmjO1W

Suspects in Jefferson homicide detained

J. H. R, 19, of Oconomowoc and J T. R, 51, of Watertown, were returned to Jefferson County by Jefferson County sheriff’s detectives, according to Janesville police reports.

Richards arrived at the Janesville Police Department at 12:10 a.m. Sunday looking for a place to stay.

Janesville police knew Jefferson County detectives wanted to talk to Richards in connection with a homicide case.

Richards agreed to talk with detectives and confessed his involvement in the case, the Janesville police report said.

He also gave the police information that led Janesville police to find Richardson at a location near South Pearl Street and Riverside Drive in Janesville.

A truck connected with the crime also was located.

http://gazettextra.com/weblogs/latest-news/2011/aug/01/suspects-jefferson-homicide-detained/

I am very happy to see we are as far as we are in this case, but I`m not understanding how the 19 year old got wrapped up with this guy. I don`t know him personally, but have had a few run-ins with James Richards within the last year & he never came across as the type to ever wish any harm on anyone, let alone inflict harm on a person. My 5 year-old son & I have done some fishing in the last year+ & James occasionally would either already be fishing or wander down by us. He never seemed to have his own fishing gear & he made it clear he didn`t drive at the time. I used to smoke & gave him a cigarette a few times, even gave him a ride to the gas station once. Seemed like a nice kid just looking for attention. He did mention he was in a Foster home at the time & he had to get home on a few occasions. Which leads me to believe he respected the rules of his Foster parents. Now I`m by no means justifying his involvement in this tragedy, but he obviously has had some difficult times & probably a hard childhood.

I also heard via Media that Beau showed up at home & they were shooting his rifle. Beau asked what they were doing & the 51 year old James Richardson turned the rifle on Beau & shot him 3 times including once in the head. I also heard the two suspects had met at a Oconomowoc gas stattion, which I would suspect to be Speedway as I saw James Richards hanging around there regularly. He would always say hello & ask about fishing. Now, I don`t know the facts but is it fathomable that this young man may have been (for lack of a better word, SCARED) into playing more of a role than he was already involved in? Maybe even threatened? I don`t know, but just the few interactions I`ve had with him I can`t see a scenario where he would agree to being part of something like this unless he was put in a helpless situation. You & I wouldn`think twice about doing the right thing & never would`ve put ourselves in this situation. I want to see swift justice just as everyone else does. It would just be sad to see a young man who hasn`t been given a fair chance in life & maybe never recieved the help he should`ve recieved,have his life be taken away completely. Would that be justice? He does deserve some punishment for his involvement as he is old enough to know better.

R.I.P. Beau

which I would suspect to be Speedway as I saw James Richards hanging around there regularly

I saw James Richards at the Speedway a lot - felt so sorry for the kid as he seemed lost everytime I saw him. I don't know how he became homeless but he was in a very sad and hard state. By hooking up with James Richardson, he was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time.

From November 2011:

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Jefferson_Co_Deputies_Search_for_Missing_Adult_125900468.html

A man has been sentenced in Jefferson County to life in prison without the possibility of parole for fatally shooting a neighbor whose body was found in a storage bin nearly two weeks after he was killed.

Fifty-one-year-old James Richardson waived his right to a jury trial and pleaded guilty to charges last month.

From December 2011:

http://www.wdtimes.com/news/article_0f707e74-21c0-11e1-a5a1-0019bb2963f4.html

Judge Randy Koschnick sentenced a transient 19-year-old man to 20 years in the Wisconsin State Prison System for his role in the cover-up of the killing of Ixonia’s Beau Butschke over the summer.

James Richards, the younger of two men convicted in connection with the shooting death of Butschke, 28, in July in Ixonia had entered pleas of guilty to one count each of concealing a corpse and theft from a corpse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back