Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we’re going back and forth, and I need to re read some articles and look at some maps, but if someone would do me a solid and give me the Cliff Notes version of how far the bike was from where poor Lily was found? TIA

So many plausible theories. I could see it being a teen as well and perhaps someone she was familiar with.

I could also see it being someone she was familiar with. He may have lured her. There are so many possibilities that would fit from the information we have available. I hope they catch the killer very soon.

Very interested in the people on bikes. What were they up to at that hour?

On the other hand, does the brewery run 24 hour shifts, or 3 shifts? Could employees be biking to work or leaving work?

I used to live in the Midwest and I know that's not really likely in that area, though. DUI bike? Exercise?

The bikes in this situation though makes me think someone who possibly isn't old enough to drive.

I hope LE is moving along on this.

Random thoughts and MOO.

I’ve lurked here for a long time but made an account because I can literally see the trail from my house.:( I saw them searching last night and this morning when I took my dog out and wondered what they were doing, but there is a jail close by so I didn't think it was that unusual. The trail is super short and visible from the downtown area but there's a small creek that separates the two. There's a hill “behind” it and you can't see from that direction so it is sort of secluded but overall the area has tons of people walking and cars driving past because there's a public park/zoo right there. I’m so shocked that it happened here, but I’m even more shocked that it happened in an area that I consider to be fairly public. I feel sick and heartbroken for her.

Sounds like they would have had to grab her pretty quickly and silence her fast. Maybe strangulation as COD?

I know we’re going back and forth, and I need to re read some articles and look at some maps, but if someone would do me a solid and give me the Cliff Notes version of how far the bike was from where poor Lily was found? TIA

We don't know. All we know is that the bike was found first near the trail, and she was found later farther away from the trail. This is my estimate based on reading here plus a few news articles.

upload_2022-4-26_14-51-57.png

This is so heart breaking. I hope its ok to compare a little, with the Delphi murders. I don't think once did they mention out loud that there could be a danger to the public. But with this little girl , LE did. I don't know, confusing. Maybe I am thinking to much of it. Someone up thread stated they are tired of the violence to women and children. Good God, right!! Horrible! Most of the time though, its someone they are acquainted with or know very well. Hope this monster is caught soon.

For anyone wondering, this “trail” is barely a trail. It’s more like a shortcut from her aunt’s neighborhood to the public park (Irvine). It’s basically in the middle of town and very short. There is a hill blocking the view from one side and trees so it is semi secluded but it is still fully visible if you’re looking at it from the other direction. It’s hard to explain really but I’m shocked that it happened there.
I see it...it's more of a path, or a shortcut. Thank you, Chippewaffles. Love your moniker, btw

Very interested in the people on bikes. What were they up to at that hour?

On the other hand, does the brewery run 24 hour shifts, or 3 shifts? Could employees be biking to work or leaving work?

I used to live in the Midwest and I know that's not really likely in that area, though. DUI bike? Exercise?

The bikes in this situation though makes me think someone who possibly isn't old enough to drive.

I hope LE is moving along on this.

Random thoughts and MOO.

Good questions, Mrs. Watson!

I suspect that a bike trail known to be frequented by neighbor kids and surrounded by foliage would be prime hunting grounds for your average disgusting pervert. Especially at dusk or early nightfall, when a child might be in a rush to get home.

I'll bet the perp staked it out and waited for her. I'm going to say adult male with a history of pleading guilty to lesser charges that keep him off the sex offender list. It's so wrong when they allow perverts to walk free.

I wonder if people on the trail can be seen from the brewery. MOO

So many plausible theories. I could see it being a teen as well and perhaps someone she was familiar with.
Me too. If she lived in that area and her school was right there I'm sure she knew a lot of kids around there. Kids are pretty active that age and if she was friendly she probably interacted with the local kids. I'm thinking a younger person too. I get the vibes of the old Eric Smith case. He was 13 and killed a 4 year old.

No I was thinking more of a bump, grab and go to a secondary scene. After dark return to initial scene with bike and poor Lily. Probably unlikely but is has happened.
I was thinking that too. Statistically, it seems it's likely a man in his late 20's with no romantic partner, but I'm thinking maybe local teen also.

My thinking was that it was a couple of younger teens 13-16 with no access to a car. If you wanted to hide the body, there is plenty of woods and water near Chippewa Falls. This poor community.. My husband has family near there and we’ve been there at the park/zoo area and walked near the brewery in the past. If it is kids, I’m not sure how they wrap their heads around this level of tragedy.

Any type of abandoned houses/sheds etc. in the area. Question for our locals.
Per @chippewaffles there is at least one abandoned house just across the creek from the location that we believe her body was found. It would have been searched by now, I feel sure.

^^rsbm

From the crime tape (via drone), it seems she was recovered from the woods and it follows that dogs would lead into the woods -- at least my dogs are always pulling me off the trail.

From the scanner (GH YT), I know a bike was located on River & Prarie on the sidewalk but I don't know if it was Lily's bike. This bike described by an officer was mostly blue (LP's bike was described as pink & blue).
Wow, that would be in plain sight! I wonder if the perpetrator wanted it to be found? Or maybe to blend in and make it harder to find...I keep thinking about the video or audio that was supposedly captured (or witness?) that said there were multiple bicycles riding back and forth? I'm really not sure if this has been verified, may be a rumor...

This is so heart breaking. I hope its ok to compare a little, with the Delphi murders. I don't think once did they mention out loud that there could be a danger to the public. But with this little girl , LE did. I don't know, confusing. Maybe I am thinking to much of it. Someone up thread stated they are tired of the violence to women and children. Good God, right!! Horrible! Most of the time though, its someone they are acquainted with or know very well. Hope this monster is caught soon.

A few years ago, the sheriff in my county did a presser and stated we had a serial murderer on the loose. That certainly got my attention, because in the years I've lived here, there has never been a LE presser like that. LE apprehended him and arrested him a few days later, thankfully. He was indeed a serial murderer.

JMO, I think there was something in the evidence that led LE to believe that whoever did this to Lily might be a serial murderer and was likely to strike again, and the public and parents needed to be warned to vigilant. They also stepped up security at the schools.

All JMO

Chief Kelm will be holding a Press Conference tonight at 6:30 pm.
Location: Chippewa Falls Fire Department, Station 1, 1301 Chippewa Crossing Blvd
256You and 255 others
38 Comments
167 Shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads