WI WI - Madeline Edman, 15, La Crosse, 29 July 2005

It seems as though Madeline's home life was likely very problematic. In 2005 her mother was convicted 2 months after Madeline disappeared (see Best search engine for True crime stories | Mugshots.com ). 948.40(1) is intentionally encouraging or contributing to the delinquency of a child. The other statutes on the charge list relate to drug possession, including distribution to a child under 17. In light of such activity it is easy to understand either why she would leave of her own accord or why others may have wanted to make her disappear.
Hi I'm a very close friend of the Edman family and yes Madeline had a very tough life. Her mother was in trouble often and didn't make the best choices in regards to Madeline. She often came to me for clothing or sanitary products and when her and her mom would fight she would come to me. Her little brother and my son are best friends and I don't like to talk ill about those passed but her mom was in with some rough people and Madeline didn't get the proper attention she needed. Madeline was fun and thoughtful and just craved a mother figure. Her mom loved her but favored her brother and sisters. I've been looking for Maddy since her disappearance and i think it's a lie that she was seen in town after she went missing. What grandmother would just walk past her granddaughter she hasn't seen in years. Well she wouldn't. And even if Madeline left on her own accord,which I don't believe for one second she ran away to a new life. Her and I were close. I can guarantee she would've called me at some point. I'll keep looking for her until I'm no longer able but I think it's too late. I went to the police with leads and they didn't even call on them for 7 months! A lot of balls were dropped in this case and it's very sad.

Madeline's family, or at least her grandmother, do not believe she is missing:

"Her sister's friends and other people I know have seen her, like at Wal-Mart or at the doctor's office, and they told me that they seen her,” said Madeline’s grandmother, Maureen Edman.

http://www.news8000.com/news/family-missing-daughter-not-lost/22819726

You'd think that one of these people who had supposedly seen Madeline would have approached her and spoken with her. I know I would if I saw a friend who had been missing for eight years just wandering around Wal-Mart.

Madeline's Charley Project page doesn't have much information. For instance, did Madeline take anything with her such as clothes or treasured possessions? Did Madeline have savings from a part-time job? After all, how does a 15 year old girl just start a new life like that with nothing?

And can anybody verify that Madeline ever reached her home?

What about activity on her social security number? Madeline would be 24 years old now. She has to be living off something.
No she didn't take any belongings with her. I believe the last thing she was seen wearing was a pink tank top and jeans. She didn't have a job. Her family was very poor. Her house and the laundry may are a half a block away. You can see the house if your standing outside the laundry mat. No s.s. activity nor marriages or births or graduations. She just vaniahed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back