WI WI - Orin Robin Anderson, 16, Mequon, 26 Aug 1973

Has anyone else thought that maybe "Orin Anderson" is not his real name?
I've been searching on Ancestry for anyone with the general birth year and the name Sounds like Orin .. That has been bothering me.. Im also wondering why a group of scouts ages 12-? would travel from Wisconsin to New Mexico for a 13 day thing.. Like, why not stay in the state?

I've updated his photo with myheritage enhancements - namus feel free to use my edits if you see this

Attachments

• originalone-1-Repaired-Enhanced-Color-Restored.jpg
    originalone-1-Repaired-Enhanced-Color-Restored.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 10
I've been searching on Ancestry for anyone with the general birth year and the name Sounds like Orin .. That has been bothering me.. Im also wondering why a group of scouts ages 12-? would travel from Wisconsin to New Mexico for a 13 day thing.. Like, why not stay in the state?

Interesting, where did you find that information about Scouting?

Because that's what Boy Scouts do:

Home - Philmont Scout Ranch High Adventure- Cimarron NM

Remember this gentleman disappeared in 1973. The reality of the early '70's is different, use a historical lens to view the events of the time.

Wonder if he went to a Jamboree, over 73,000 Scouts did:

1973 National Jamboree

I still can't figure out his parents names. I'm pretty sure he had a brother named Monte Anderson, based on yearbook stuff

Woah, Arlene's obit says "late Orin" - did they know something or was this an assumption?

There's been mentioned in other thread that there may be a connection with another disappearance: James Colin Egan (18), who vanished on August 6th, 1972, in San Francisco, CA, when he was trying to reach Mequon. It's unknown if James disappeared on the first or last strecht of his journey.
I wondered if there's a connection or it's a coincidence.
I also found this: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I know this John Doe is older, but we know that can be very off sometimes.

Orin Anderson​

Updated: Jan 9, 2022

3a860b_1c15b8775cce495b8fe0caa20c1efd31~mv2.png

Missing Since August 26, 1973

The last known location of 16 year-old Orin Robin Anderson was a Mequon park on August 26, 1973. He is believed to have been carrying a wallet with his student ID and a fishing license. Orin was only 16 years old when he disappeared. He had strawberry blond hair, blue eyes, and a few distinguishing acne scars. He was wearing black shorts, white tennis shoes and a gray t-shirt with the word "vote" on the pocket when he was last seen. He was 5'9", 135 pounds. Very little else is known in his case.

Orin Anderson​

Updated: Jan 9, 2022

3a860b_1c15b8775cce495b8fe0caa20c1efd31~mv2.png

Missing Since August 26, 1973

The last known location of 16 year-old Orin Robin Anderson was a Mequon park on August 26, 1973. He is believed to have been carrying a wallet with his student ID and a fishing license. Orin was only 16 years old when he disappeared. He had strawberry blond hair, blue eyes, and a few distinguishing acne scars. He was wearing black shorts, white tennis shoes and a gray t-shirt with the word "vote" on the pocket when he was last seen. He was 5'9", 135 pounds. Very little else is known in his case.

1690783655916.jpg

This case interests me because I only know of ONE person from Mequon! And it just so happens that that ONE person is notorious for fraud and crafty con artistry! He posed for darn near a decade as a fake therapist and ran an entire business under this facade for years and years without anyone catching on. He is smart for all the wrong reasons. He also has obvious drug problem that he feeds through his "Mental Health" facility. It's amazing what this man can and has gotten away with. Actually kind of impressive.

Short story long this Orin fella reminds me SO much of this guy! I looked up subjects criminal records and turns out he has the same birth year as Orin too! Unfortunately I was unable to find a specific month/day though.

Here me out on my theory: What if a boy like Orin came from a broken family who could kind of care less about if he had ran away or went missing. Maybe he was troubled and too big of a handful? Maybe he went to the park that day and decided he didn't want to go home, but rather start over with a clean slate? From this day forward he would call himself L_____ K____ III. No one would question his lineage because he added that whole "the third " to the end of his name. Why certainly he must be the grandson and son of the previous LK's in his family...right?

Orin was also a Boy Scout according to an article I found published a couple of years prior to his disappearance. I'm sure he knew how to hold his own if he decided to be homeless and try to start a new life on his own terms.

Lastly I cannot find any history or genealogy records of LKIII's family. Nothing. I find it kind of odd.

Given Orin's age I imagine his parents are likely deceased or extremely up there in age. I wonder if he had any siblings? I wish there were more details about this whole thing.

What do you guys think? Could 62 year old LKIII be Orin? Another thing I would like to mention is Orin had reddish blondish hair and that hair color tends to turn white instead of grey.
The man you are mentioning died in 2021. They do have a resemblance!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamgoingtofindyou45
Back