Found Deceased WI - Prince McRee, 5, Critical Missing, last seen 9am at home near 54th & Meinecke, discovered missing 1pm, Milwaukee, 25 Oct 2023

When asked what he would say to the stabbing victims, Defendant Mendoza responded, “I’m sorry, but you are alive.”

just wow. how do sickos find each other? Is there some radar? And I second @swanniee11, I pray victim services has arranged other living space for Prince's family. What the actual F? I wish I hadn't read it and yet am glad I did. I will be watching justice run it's course on this one. Poor sweet Prince :(

The 15 year old knew what he did. He wanted to do it. He knew it was wrong. He helped hide the body.

When interviewed by LE he lied to cover his tracks. Asked them to prove it by showing him security Video.

Mental illness or not, he killed a child, knew right from wrong and then lied to cover it up.

Charged as an adult. BYE BYE! Hope he and the other loser never see the light of day and the rest of their days on this earth are fear filled and tortuous.

MOO

When asked what he would say to the stabbing victims, Defendant Mendoza responded, “I’m sorry, but you are alive.”

just wow. how do sickos find each other? Is there some radar? And I second @swanniee11, I pray victim services has arranged other living space for Prince's family. What the actual F? I wish I hadn't read it and yet am glad I did. I will be watching justice run it's course on this one. Poor sweet Prince :(

Was there article about the hearing? Just wondering as you say "Defendant Mendoza responded..." in your post! TIA!

Mendoza:
Court record
Date Event Court official Court reporter Amount
10-31-2023 No Contact Provision Ordered Gramling Perez-32, Laura
Additional text:
singed and filed.

10-31-2023 Order Gramling Perez-32, Laura
Additional text:
Governing Media; signed and filed.

10-31-2023 Proposed Order Gramling Perez-32, Laura
Additional text:
No Contact/No Firearm Order; received, filed and copy forwarded to the Judge for review/signature.

10-31-2023 No Contact Provision Ordered Gramling Perez-32, Laura
Additional text:
Court ordered no contact with any victim(s) or alleged victim(s) or alleged/unknown family members.

10-31-2023 Cash bond set for Mendoza, Erik J Gramling Perez-32, Laura $500,000.00

10-31-2023 Initial appearance Gramling Perez-32, Laura Biese, Krysta
Additional text:
Appearances IN PERSON:
ADA: Matthew Torbenson, Jessica Behling
Attorney for Defendant: Paul Rifelj, Katie Holtz
Defendant: Erik J Mendoza (secure detention)

Defendant is advised this case is assigned to Judge Gramling Perez, Branch 32.
Defendant in receipt a copy of complaint and advised of maximum penalties, right to counsel and right to a preliminary hearing. For reasons stated on the record, Attorney Paul Rifelj motions the court to dismiss count #'s 4, 5 & 6. State placed on the record to sever counts at a later date by defense as case is hear for initial appearance. Court further holds motion as to the counts in abeyance and will be addressed at a later date. Court reviewed complaint and found probable cause to hold defendant for further proceedings. DEFENDANT DOES QUALIFY FOR PUBLIC DEFENDER REPRESENTATION. For reasons further stated on the record, Attorney Paul Rifelj waives 10 days for preliminary hearing and requests motion and status hearing. State is requesting no contact order with victim's family or co-actor. State is further requesting $500,000 cash bail. State further placed arguments to support cash bail request on the record. Attorney Katie Holtz respectfully requests $25,000 cash bail with Level 5 supervision and GPS monitoring (if released) with further statements supporting the request with no objections to state's no contact request. Court placed off the record media order on the record as to no filming of defendant, minor witnesses or live streaming or no showing defendant's face. Defendant's father had major outbursts in courtroom, deputies had to remove. Case is adjourned for IN PERSON Motion Hearing in Branch 32. Defense will file motion(s) within a week and state's response (if any) a week thereafter.

Court activities
Date Time Location Description Type Court official
11-28-2023 01:30 pm VRP Youth & Family Justice Ctr, Rm 2421 Motion hearing Court Gramling Perez-32, Laura

Pietura:
Court record
10-31-2023 No Contact Provision Ordered Roth, Susan
Additional text:
Court ordered no contact with The family of PRM 12/23/2017 DOB or Co-Defendant Erik Mendoza.
No Contact/No Weapons Order, signed and filed.

10-31-2023 Cash bond set for Pietura, David E Roth, Susan Tape Reporter $500,000.00
Additional text:
Court ordered defendant TURNED OVER TO Justice Point for SUPERVISION Level 5.
No possession of dangerous weapons or firearms.

10-31-2023 Initial appearance Roth, Susan Tape Reporter
Additional text:
Defendant David E Pietura in court, in custody. Attorney Mary Garvin Guimont in court for David E Pietura. Prosecuting attorney Matthew J. Torbenson in court for the State of Wisconsin.
Defendant is advised this case is assigned to Judge Kies, Branch 45. Defendant given a copy of the complaint and advised of maximum penalties, right to counsel and right to a preliminary hearing. Court reviewed the complaint and found probable cause to hold the defendant for further proceedings. DEFENDANT IS INDIGENT AND PUBLIC DEFENDER WILL PROVIDE COUNSEL.
Preliminary hearing scheduled for November 6, 2023 at 08:30 am.

10-31-2023 Proposed Order Roth, Susan

Court activities
11-06-2023 08:30 am Room #146 - Criminal Justice Facility Preliminary hearing Court Dorsey, Maria S.

11-28-2023 01:30 pm VRP Youth & Family Justice Ctr, Rm 2421 Motion hearing Court Gramling Perez-32, Laura

link: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

"You did this to my baby... Erik, you broke us," a father said to a teenager charged with killing his 5-year-old son, Prince McCree.

The tense exchange came at the end of the juvenile court hearing Tuesday for 15-year-old Erik Mendoza.
'You broke us': Father lashes out at Milwaukee teen charged in 5-year-old's killing

LaVoy said if probable cause is found at Mendoza's preliminary hearing, his attorneys could ask the judge to charge him as a juvenile.

"Without a doubt, the child's attorneys are gonna file for a request to return it to juvenile court. That would be an obvious and normal practice. The court's gonna have a substantial hearing where there will be testimony from doctors or people involved in the investigation to determine whether or not the child fits the criteria," LaVoy added.

Practice that's normal, but results that LaVoy said are hard to see through.

"I just think in this case the facts are so severe that it may be difficult for a judge to determine that the appropriate place is in juvenile court and not in adult court," LaVoy said.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/why-one-of-prince-mccrees-alleged-killers-is-being-charged-as-an-adult

Honestly ... how does the mind become so very sick. Truly heartbreaking. Godspeed Prince, you are safe now.
for real. i have mental illness and i have a deep-rooted fear of "going crazy". i could never, ever, EVER imagine harming a child. i can't even kill spiders. there's just zero justification ever for something like this, and i am sickened by the idea of this sweet boy's last moments. i wanna puke.

It looks like they are splitting these guys up on their court dates, so I will make two different notes.

Monday, November 6th:
*Preliminary Hearing (Pietura only) (@ 8:30am ET) - WI - Prince McCree (5) went missing around 1pm on Oct. 25, 2023 & on 10/26/23 found dead in dumpster, the child was found with injuries from blunt force trauma a mile south on the 5500 block of West Vliet Street near Holly Road, Milwaukee. *Erik J. Mendoza aka Erik J. Krause-Mendoza (15) arrested (10/23/23) & charged (10/30/23) with 1st degree felony intentional homicide, felony physical abuse of a child, repeated acts causing death, hiding a corpse, 3 counts of 1st degree recklessly endangering safety use of dangerous weapon (in connection with a series of alleged stabbings on Oct. 23, 2023 in the city).
*David E. Pietura (27) arrested (10/26/23) & charged (10/30/23) with 1st degree intentional homicide, felony physical abuse of a child, repeated acts causing death, hiding a corpse, as a party to a crime.
Case & Court info from 10/25/23 thru 10/30/23 reference post #80 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ssing-1pm-milwaukee-25-oct-2023.694231/page-4

10/30/23 Update: Mendoza: Complaint filed. Case initiated by electronic filing. Electronic filing notice. Responsible Court official changes to Laura Gramling-Perez in VRP Youth & Family Justice Center. Initial appearance hearing on 10/31/23 @ 11am. 10/30/23: Pietura: Complaint filed. Defendant in custody, Court appearance on 10/30/23 in Intake Court @ 8:30am. Case initiated by electronic filing. Electronic filing notice.
10/31/23 Update: Mendoza: Initial appearance before Laura Gramling Pereze. Appearances in person: ADA: Matthew Torbenson, Jessica Behling; Attorney for Defendant: Paul Rifelj & Katie Holtz. Defendant: Erik J Mendoza (secure detention). Defendant is advised this case is assigned to Judge Gramling Perez, Branch 32. Defendant in receipt a copy of complaint & advised of maximum penalties, right to counsel & right to a preliminary hearing. For reasons stated on the record, Attorney Paul Rifelj motions the court to dismiss count #'s 4, 5 & 6. State placed on the record to sever counts at a later date by defense as case is heard for initial appearance. Court further holds motion as to the counts in abeyance & will be addressed at a later date. Court reviewed complaint & found probable cause to hold defendant for further proceedings. Defendant does qualify for public defender representation. For reasons further stated on the record, Attorney Paul Rifelj waives 10 days for preliminary hearing & requests motion & status hearing. State is requesting no contact order with victim's family or co-actor. State is further requesting $500,000 cash bail. State further placed arguments to support cash bail request on the record. Attorney Katie Holtz respectfully requests $25,000 cash bail with Level 5 supervision & GPS monitoring (if released) with further statements supporting the request with no objections to state's no contact request. Court placed off the record media order on the record as to no filming of defendant, minor witnesses or live streaming or no showing defendant's face. Defendant's father had major outbursts in courtroom, deputies had to remove. Case is adjourned for IN PERSON Motion Hearing in Branch 32. Defense will file motion(s) within a week & state's response (if any) a week thereafter. $500K Cash bond set. No Contact/No firearm Order filed. Proposed Order. Order governing media. Will be tried as adult. Next motions/status hearing on 11/28/23 @ 1:30pm. 10/31/23: Order-Governing Media, signed & filed. No Contact Provision Ordered, signed & filed.
10/31/23 Update: Pietura: Initial appearance. Judge Susan Roth. Defendant David E Pietura in court, in custody. Attorney Mary Garvin Guimont in court for Pietura. Prosecuting attorney Matthew J. Torbenson in court for the State of Wisconsin. Defendant is advised this case is assigned to Judge Kies, Branch 45. Defendant given a copy of the complaint & advised of maximum penalties, right to counsel & right to a preliminary hearing. Court reviewed the complaint & found probable cause to hold the defendant for further proceedings. Defendant is indigent & public defender will provide counsel. Preliminary hearing scheduled for 11/6/23 & 8:30am. No Contact Provision ordered. Court ordered no contact with the family of PRM or co-defendant Mendoza. No contact/No weapons Order.

Pietura:

Court record
11-06-2023 Adjourned hearing Dorsey, Maria S. Kerhin, Estella
Additional text:
Defendant David E Pietura not in court, in custody. Prosecuting attorney Megan Marie Newport in court for the State of Wisconsin.
Case set for preliminary hearing. SPD has not yet appointed counsel. Court ordered case adjourned for CAUSE for Preliminary Hearing in Branch PE.
Hearing scheduled for November 9, 2023 at 08:30 am.

Court activities
11-09-2023 08:30 am Safety Building, Room 423 Hearing Court Kies-45, Jean Marie

link: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Prince Rashon Mccree.

Prince Rashon McCree

Now, as two people face charges in his death, Prince’s family and local advocates are questioning the Wisconsin Justice Department’s decision not to issue an Amber Alert. Some say the state’s guidelines for putting out the alerts, which are meant to help find missing endangered children, are too strict. State Sen. LaTonya Johnson and other critics have expressed concern that the rigid criteria for Amber Alerts may keep authorities from recovering missing children, especially in a country where Black children go missing often with little media attention and apparent police apathy

For anyone else who has read the press release (it is indeed a very hard read), it mentions that shortly after 1 PM, Princes mom used the landlords vehicle to go to the store….and brought Erik Mendoza with her?! But it’s never mentioned again and Mendoza himself doesn’t say anything about going to the store with Princes mom to get food.

I’m just curious if it’s true because if so, it adds another sick and sad layer to this whole event. It would mean that, after Prince was killed (but before mom realized he was missing), she went to the store to get some groceries and unknowingly brought her sons murderer WITH HER.

That is just…..unspeakably awful.

My phone won’t let me copy and paste from the report, but it’s on page 4 here:

All JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member