WI WI - Sara Bushland, 15, Spooner, 3 April 1996

Next month will mark 21 years since 15-year-old Sara Bushland vanished near the end of her driveway after getting off her school bus in Washburn County. A high school sophomore in Spooner, Sara was 5 feet tall and weighed 104 pounds.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n.../hope-despair-families-missing-kids/97342220/

636215643331648798-Sara-Bushland.jpeg

Case summary: Sara Bushland vanished near her home in rural Spooner after getting off her school bus. She wore wire-framed glasses, a "Tweety Bird" shirt, blue jeans and black Reebok shoes. At no point since 1996 has Sara tried to contact relatives, leaving them convinced that someone killed her and hid her body.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...ho-they-wisconsins-missing-children/98347286/

I hope they find her. I feel her mother's behavior is odd.

[h=3]22 years since Sara Bushland disappearance[/h]
Family members say the case itself has garnered little attention over the last 22 years.
"There have definitely been bumps in the road, cold cases don't get the attention they deserve, but we are not giving up. As a family, we continue to work for answers on a daily basis," says Lesley Bushland Small, Sara's sister. "We are talking to anyone and everyone that might know something. What we need is for more people to talk - to come forward with any information, even if they feel it's irrelevant."

Bushland's case remains open to this day. She's listed as "endangered" on the Wisconsin Missing Person's list.
If you have any information on what happened to Sara Bushland, you're asked to contact the Washburn County Sheriff's Office or the Find Sara Bushland Facebook page.
http://www.kbjr6.com/story/37898849/22-years-since-sara-bushland-disappearance

Sara Anne Bushland – The Charley Project
Sara Anne Bushland

• Missing Since 04/03/1996
    • Missing From Spooner, Wisconsin
    • Classification Endangered Missing
    • Date of Birth 08/15/1980 (37)
    • Age 15 years old
    • Height and Weight 5'0, 104 pounds
    • Clothing/Jewelry Description A Tweety Bird shirt, a blue jacket, blue jeans, black Reebok sneakers, and four sterling silver rings on her right hand, including a Spooner High School class ring with a black stone.
  • sara_anne_bushland_1.jpg
  • sara_anne_bushland_2.jpg
  • sara_anne_bushland_3.jpg
  • sara_anne_bushland_4.jpg
  • sara_anne_bushland_5.jpg
  • There's speculation that Crystal Soulier's death may be connected to Sara's disappearance. Soulier, who was eighteen years old, disappeared from Cable, Wisconsin in October 1996. Five months later her body was found in Rock County, Wisconsin, but it wasn't identified until 2002. Her murder remains unsolved.
  • WI - WI - Crystal Soulier, 18, Shell Lake, Sept 1996

Soulier and Sara were both blonde young women in the same age group. They knew each other and they also had at least 19 mutual friends, all of them young men in their twenties. Both Soulier and Sara attended parties held by these men, and Sara's school friends were unaware of this

Last edited:
Bumping possibly already posted link.
Amateur sleuth rekindling old cases
"Now that I know the girls [Bushland and Soulier] were friends. They were in the same social circle.”

Using the names of 20 young men Coshow had gathered in Bushland’s circle of young men in rival groups, Freedom, who had also hung out with both her sister and Bushland at some of the same parities, identiied 19.

Because Soulier’s body was found off Hwy. 90, said Coshow, a federal task force has focused on a suspect who is a serial killer and also an over-the-road truck driver. Coshow said many of the young men in both Bushland’s and Soulier’s circle were either driving trucks or had family members driving over-the-road trucks.

Coincidence or pattern?

Coshow has created a comparison of information she has gained on the Bushland and Soulier cases showing several similarities:

• Both disappeared in 1996.

• Both were seen in discussions with a boyfriend on the day of their disappearance.

• Bushland was seen getting a ride in a pickup, and Soulier was reported having been given a ride from Cable to Trego.

• Both disappeared without taking along money or clothing.

• A phone call was reported to be from each to either a friend, in Bushland’s case, or a grandparent, in Soulier’s.

• Family and friends of both emphatically reject the idea that either girl would run away.

• Both girls knew at least 19 young men from the two rival groups of young men, several of whom had access to over-the-road trucks.

“The correlation tells me that someone or several someones knew both girls well enough to either advise them on how to run away or who could give them that ride,” said Coshow. “I am less inclined to say it points to specific person capable of killing them.”

Coshow is convinced someone from the rival group of young men knows what happened to these girls, Soulier in particular, and is either trying to protect himself or someone else. Coshow also told how some of the young men had even told the Bushland family in the initial years after the 1996 investigation that they had sighted Sara in cities around the state.

Those former young men who socialized with both Bushland and Soulier and what they know, said Coshow, should be law enforcement’s focus. “The investigation might end up going in a different direction, but to me they need to be held together as far as the community and our concerns,” she said.

“We need to remember there were two girls who knew each other who disappeared, and there has never been an answer on what happened"

Hello everyone. I wanted to let you know that I’ve released a short book about the sara Bushland case. It’s abailab at Amazon for a very reasonable price.

Thank you!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07G6TSSR1/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1535660959&sr=8-1-fkmrnull
Looks great!
412bSQOocIL.jpg

This book delves into the the story of Sara's disappearance and the investigation that followed, beginning with Sara's early childhood. This is most comprehensive and detailed account of the case available anywhere. The book includes a Foreword by Sara's sister, Lesley Bushland Small, as well as a touching letter from Lesley to Sara.

SPOONER, Wis. (WCCO) — The wait for answers continues in the case of Wisconsin teenager Jayme Closs, who has been missing since Oct. 15. For another family from the same area, the tragedy is all too real.

Sara Bushland was 15 years old when she disappeared 22 years ago.

Long before the press briefings and field searches in Barron, Wisconsin, questions surrounded a home 30 miles north in Spooner in 1996.

“It brings it all home,” Lesley Small said. “It’s the same feeling I get, then multiply it by 22 for 22 years.”
Case Of Missing Wisconsin Teen Hits Home For Area Woman

Hello everyone. I wanted to let you know that I’ve released a short book about the sara Bushland case. It’s abailab at Amazon for a very reasonable price.

Thank you!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07G6TSSR1/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1535660959&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

Thank you very much ELOCsoul for caring for Sara and for writing a book about her case , I will order the book.

I am very curious to read your book and I am praying for Justice for Sara and for her family.

I read about this case a few months ago through Charley Project.
From the link you shared Part 2: Twenty-two years later, still searching for Sara Bushland
we know that the police came to search in the family house property 4 times where Sara lived with the step father and step brother, and her mother,
this is not by a chance ,there must be some information that led them to do that , Maybe from the Diary.

Last edited:
I read the book ( I ordered the book from amazon in Kindle version and also in
Paperback version.

Excellent book ! very detailed regarding Sarah 's life , very detailed theories regarding the disappearance. There are very touching pictures of Sara with friends and family .

Forum like websleuths and the book
is a way to say that even after all these years Sarah had never been forgotten and will never be forgotten and the search will continue until Sara will come back home and justice will be done.

I highly recommend the book .

I read the book ( I ordered the book from amazon in Kindle version and also in
Paperback version.

Excellent book ! very detailed regarding Sarah 's life , very detailed theories regarding the disappearance. There are very touching pictures of Sara with friends and family .

Forum like websleuths and the book
is a way to say that even after all these years Sarah had never been forgotten and will never be forgotten and the search will continue until Sara will come back home and justice will be done.

I highly recommend the book .
I highly believe that Sara is alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA