WI WI - Shannah Boiteau, 23, Chippewa Falls, 21 June 2016

57a7f44d5d907.image.jpg

Family members of a missing Chippewa Falls woman and volunteers searched again Sunday in an area of Minnesota where Shannah Boiteau was last seen, according to the St. Cloud Times.

Sarah Syverson of United Legacy, an organization that helps find missing people, contacted Boiteau’s family and spearheaded the search, which started Saturday and included swamps and marshy areas. The newspaper said that if Boiteau wasn’t found Sunday, the group will turn to an awareness campaign.
http://chippewa.com/news/local/sear...cle_3516e773-2f74-5bba-8bc4-f38259865269.html

still missing:

Shannah Boiteau was last seen on June 22, 2016, jumping, barefoot, out of a vehicle along Highway 94 outside St. Cloud, Minnesota. She then ran into the woods. The 23-year-old had been driving with her boyfriend at the time, who called Shannah's father Cleatus "Bud" Boiteau telling him the couple had an argument and Shannah had taken off into the woods. The police were called and officers searched the brush near where Shannah was seen by witnesses, but nothing was found. Shannah had recently broken the terms of her probation, and had left a note at her apartment, that reportedly said she was afraid she'd be sent back to jail and there were things she needed to take care of first. Very few clues have been discovered in the case.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

Where did you see the "known to hitchhike" info? I'm working on this case and I don't see this information on any official news source. Thanks.

I haven't heard about Shannah until now, but I'm wondering if the jumping out of the car was due to drugs? I've read some cases here that paranoia from the drugs can make that happen. I'm assuming the boyfriend has been looked at?
I've also found that there have been a lot of younger hitchhikers in Southern Minnesota, at least in the past few months, which I've found scary for obvious reasons. Does anyone know if she has ties to Southern MN?

What puzzles me is that new sources show that a police vehicle saw her flee the vehicle, looking distressed. There was a search done not much after the fact for her and nothing was found. Cadaver dogs brought in the next day yielded nothing. Do cadaver dogs also pick up on live human scent?

What puzzles me is that new sources show that a police vehicle saw her flee the vehicle, looking distressed. There was a search done not much after the fact for her and nothing was found. Cadaver dogs brought in the next day yielded nothing. Do cadaver dogs also pick up on live human scent?

I'm no expert, but I believe cadaver dogs track human remains, and SAR dogs track human scent. I'm not sure why the next day they would start with the cadaver dogs, but they must have had a reason. It was June when she was last seen? Even at night there, those weather conditions would be survivable. There's a lot I don't know, as I have yet to read articles and such, but I'll read them as soon as I can!

From Forum Rules:

*To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a “fact,” you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders.

*Persons presenting themselves as experts or professionals in their field, or as case insiders, must be verified as such by Websleuths.

*Do not become personally involved in cases by reaching out to case players and then post about it on the forum. If members want to help, they should respond only to valid requests for volunteers.

:tyou:

From Forum Rules:

*To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a “fact,” you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders.

*Persons presenting themselves as experts or professionals in their field, or as case insiders, must be verified as such by Websleuths.

*Do not become personally involved in cases by reaching out to case players and then post about it on the forum. If members want to help, they should respond only to valid requests for volunteers.

:tyou:

I'm sorry! Was this to me?

Was Shannah last seen in Minnesota or Wisconsin?

She was seen on video camera at a gas station the day she went missing but I don't have the location for that station yet. I had assumed it was in Minnesota but I'll find out Tuesday when I meet with her parents. I do know that if we believe all of the details of the story, as its presented, she was last seen running into the woods near St. Cloud.

Yes I'm going to see about getting those phone records, without a doubt. What he did after is a great question. The daughter's dad seems to be a non-factor but nothing should be ruled out. He had the baby earlier in the day.

She was seen on video camera at a gas station the day she went missing but I don't have the location for that station yet. I had assumed it was in Minnesota but I'll find out Tuesday when I meet with her parents. I do know that if we believe all of the details of the story, as its presented, she was last seen running into the woods near St. Cloud.

It had just confused me because it says WI on here in the title.

I look forward to hearing how the meeting goes. I wonder how credible the story is. There's obviously a lot of information missing, and a lot we don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back