WI - Six people shot to death by Forest County deputy, Crandon, Oct 7, 2007

Amazing - I hadn't ever heard of someone shooting themselves three times in the head - they consider two self-inflicted shots to the head a very rare occurence. Three times - simply amazing.

I was shocked when I read that! How he was able to do that is beyond me?

I was shocked when I read that! How he was able to do that is beyond me?
One of life's great mysteries.....that last deadly shot saved the county millions in court costs, and freed many people from having to spend 100's of hours in court, rehashing a very painful incident.

They don't have the DP in WI, but they are talking about it. WI has a high number of mass murders. In the past few years this is the 3rd one. The first was the hunters that were murdered. Second one was the Chruch shooting at the Sheridan in Milwaukee and this one. Everyone there seems to own a gun!
The police in WI have a very high rate of brutality and shootings (some fatal). Kenosha and Milwaukee are really bad when it comes to this.

It's because all of us in WI are mean, evil, gun-toting crazies!!! <insert evil laughter here>

cool17.gif

Those calls are truly horrendous. Listening to them gives a better sense of horror at what was happening in that house and to the whole community. My prayers go out to the loved ones of the victims and Tyler Peterson's family.

Who are the Kegley's and why did the murderer go to their home after the shootings?

It sounds as if they both knew Patterson and were connected with law enforcement.

It sounds as if they both knew Patterson and were connected with law enforcement.

I agree with you. They definetely knew Peterson, because he voluntarily went there after shooting all those people. They were reported as saying he was calm while there, and was very very sorry for what he had done. But in listening to the 911 calls from Mary and Mike Kegley, they did speak as if they were connected with LE somehow. One example that stuck out to me is that both Mary and Mike each called the police cars "Squads". Mary asked the Cheif... "Please just send one squad up here". I wonder what they do?

The final victim has now been released from the hospital. I think today you see so much of the police thing on TV that people use those terms. It's a very small town and everyone knows each other.

The final victim has now been released from the hospital. I think today you see so much of the police thing on TV that people use those terms. It's a very small town and everyone knows each other.

You are probably right. Do you know how this family knew Peterson?

They were friends with him. I think the son was the friend and he felt comfortable to go there after what he did. He was looking for forgiveness and to confess his sins to someone. From the 911 tape the mom says they took his rifle away from him but she felt he still had a hand gun. But the 3 calls no one sounded scared.

They were friends with him. I think the son was the friend and he felt comfortable to go there after what he did. He was looking for forgiveness and to confess his sins to someone. From the 911 tape the mom says they took his rifle away from him but she felt he still had a hand gun. But the 3 calls no one sounded scared.

Yes, I listened to the calls. They really did sound remarkably calm. Mary and Mike did say that they took the rifle away, but he still had the handgun in his waistband.

The lone survivor of a mass slaying in Crandon, Wis., last month is speaking publicly for the first time about the horrific event.

Charlie Neitzel told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that the gunman, Tyler Peterson, was a "crazy psycho" and a "cold blooded murderer."

Neitzel survived his three gunshots by playing dead, he said. Neitzel was the last person Peterson shot during his Oct. 7 rampage.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,310605,00.html

I haven't listened to the calls. I don't know if I will.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-crandonaudio8-2008jun08,0,4517639.story

What happened in Crandon on Oct. 7

A voice mail from Tyler Peterson to his ex-girlfriend, as well as 911 calls from friends whose cabin he went to after his rampage, are among the pieces in a portrait of tragedy. (more at link)

Listen to a cellphone message from Tyler Peterson to Jordanne Murray.

Listen to one of the first 911 calls to report the shooting, from Donnell Dachelet at 2:49 a.m.

Listen to a 911 call at 5:22 a.m. from Eldred Pagel, looking for a son who was dating a victim.

Listen to a 911 call from Tyler&#8217;s friend Mike Kegley at 9:15 a.m., saying Tyler is at the Kegleys' home in the woods outside Crandon.

Listen to a 9:30 a.m. 911 call from Tyler&#8217;s friend Mary Kegley to Crandon Police Chief John Dennee.

Listen to a 911 call from Mike Kegley at 9:34 a.m., telling Chief Dennee more about Tyler's demeanor.

Listen to a 911 call at 12:45 p.m. from Special Agent Jody Wormet, requesting medical assistance for Tyler.

Listen to a 911 call at 12:46 p.m. from Wormet, canceling the request after Tyler's death.

The home where six young people died when a jealous off-duty sheriff's deputy went on a shooting rampage eight months ago has been likened to an infection in this small northern Wisconsin city.

The cure came early Saturday morning, when workers demolished the house.
"The house has got to go," said Bill Farr, pastor of Praise Chapel Community Church and chairman of the committee that bought the property near downtown to convert it to a memorial.

"It has no symbol of hope," he said. "It has no symbol of peace. It is only a symbol of tragedy."

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6219690

This was such a tragedy its a wonder things like this dont happen more often.
the town I live in is only slightly larger then Camden.
Both the city police and county sherriffs office are prone to hiring 20 to 22 year old kids who's main qualifications seem to be they are buddies of the existing officers and who go on ride alongs until they can ingratiate themselves into a position ussually starting at the jail then a few months later they are turned loose on the street with a car full of weapons.
Three of the officers they have now failed the probationary period at the correctional facilty where I worked ( I had two of them as trainees) after proving themselves unsuitable for the job.
All of them are now full time armed law enforcement officers with the city or the county.
In eight years one of them is still the only trainee I ever had to raise my voice to to stop them from doing something stupid.(Harassing and teasing inmates over an intercom).
One of the others Was prone to vertigo and sweaty panic attacks being locked on a housing unit alone with inmates.
Its kind of scary really.Small town politics.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back