• No.

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • Dont know / Not sure.

Votes: 21 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tracing dogs followed a trail for Madeleine as far as the beach at PDL and The Locator (Krugel) detected the same route. At that beach, the traces end. I can imagine a kidnapper either taking his victim on board a boat there or trying to bury a child's body there but I cannot imagine the parents or any accomplice of theirs thinking the beach would conceal the child or provide a place of safekeeping until she could be moved.

I agree with you. Beach erosion can happen overnight, especially if a big storm goes through. To risky of an area to hid a body there, unless they buried her 10 meters deep.

Yes, Kimes and her son were surprised though, weren't they?

Along with Dr. Bob Bierenbaum in another "no body" case. He was convicted of the murder of his wife, whose body he dismembered and threw into the Atlantic from his private plane.

Did any of the Tapas Group have a private plane at their disposal?

Is anyone actively PHYSICALLY looking for Madeline, or is the concentration on "who done it?"

Is anyone actively PHYSICALLY looking for Madeline, or is the concentration on "who done it?"
I think certainly the PJ as well as many others are looking for her, dead or alive.

Within the last couple of days, the police were at the local church cemetery examining a knoll preliminary to excavating. There was not a decision to open graves that was reported as far as I know. The police also denied that the raid on pedophiles (80) and their computers (150) was in aid of this investigation. So, are they looking for Madeleine alive? If the police are following leads, it would be foolish to tell us and the perpetrators that they were on their trail. If we believe 24 Horas, police concluded back in May that Madeleine died on 3 May in the apartment. After such a conclusion, the search could not be as active for a live child. But 24 Horas is usually sensational and wrong and self-contradictory and libelous.

It's good that the reservoir is being dragged and that new searches of the land surrounding the MW club are going on. Of course, the dogs followed a trail that went to the beach instead. They also founds a track into one of the other apartments than 5A but was it ever made clear that it wasn't the second apartment the McCanns took for awhile? Martin Smith & his wife also saw a man carrying a child on the night of May 3, before 10 p.m. This goes to confirm Jane Tanner's sighting as the descriptions match.

I hope Robert Murat is not cleared at this time--premature. Felt the same way about the man photographing Madeleine on the beach. There aren't enough leads to be casting them off like jetsom. It is true that Murat, already suffering mid-divorce, has been harmed by his arrest & the swirl of bad publicity but that damage is done. I am not confident that he is innocent. His movements back & forth between PDL and Exeter, the content on his p.c., his activities on 3 May (and Sky News & others say he was on the scene, not just the doctors) are all suspicious to me. He may be a well meaning bi-lingual donating his talents but maybe not. He did phone the Russian friend in the small hours of the night, 3 May and there is a phone record of that. Then, the next day, the Russian denied the call or knowing about the missing child.

I hope Robert Murat is not cleared at this time--premature. Felt the same way about the man photographing Madeleine on the beach. There aren't enough leads to be casting them off like jetsom. It is true that Murat, already suffering mid-divorce, has been harmed by his arrest & the swirl of bad publicity but that damage is done. I am not confident that he is innocent. His movements back & forth between PDL and Exeter, the content on his p.c., his activities on 3 May (and Sky News & others say he was on the scene, not just the doctors) are all suspicious to me. He may be a well meaning bi-lingual donating his talents but maybe not. He did phone the Russian friend in the small hours of the night, 3 May and there is a phone record of that. Then, the next day, the Russian denied the call or knowing about the missing child.

Murat is as worthy of being cleared as arguido as the McCanns. If there is not evidence enough to charge him, he should be released. Ditto for the McCanns.

Robert Murat has been an arguido for five months. As far as we know, there is nothing to tie him to Madeleine's disappearance except for a few suspect "sightings" by people who could very well end up being made arguidos themselves. If they can't find evidence to link him to the crime, let him go.

Yes, I'm referring to Sergei Malinka, also under scrutiny.

Chief of Detectives Chris Stevenson, ret., is one of the five criminalists who studied the crime scene & surrounds in PDL. He believes that Madeleine, dead or alive, may never be found. He is experienced enough to weigh the probabilities with educated judgment. I got the feeling that the area is a difficult haystack to his mind, in terms of the physical aspects of PDL. He has made clear that early mistakes made the search frustratingly hard. The giant sewers were never searched and the trash bins were emptied as usual despite what they might have held. The evidence at the apartment was also contaminated, as we know, and so many more opportunities turned into dead ends.

Chief of Detectives Chris Stevenson, ret., is one of the five criminalists who studied the crime scene & surrounds in PDL. He believes that Madeleine, dead or alive, may never be found. He is experienced enough to weigh the probabilities with educated judgment. I got the feeling that the area is a difficult haystack to his mind, in terms of the physical aspects of PDL. He has made clear that early mistakes made the search frustratingly hard. The giant sewers were never searched and the trash bins were emptied as usual despite what they might have held. The evidence at the apartment was also contaminated, as we know, and so many more opportunities turned into dead ends.
Surely the landfill site where the bins were emptied could be searched now, that would correct one huge mistake

But if the landfill sites are searched now, what would be found? Would there be anything left if the body was disposed there? I'm thinking about the summer heat, decomposition, etc.
This case reminds of the Holloway case.

What I do not get about this case is that I keep reading the police will search this or that place and then nothing is heard. Can anyone please tell which places (confirmed) the police has searched?

What I do not get about this case is that I keep reading the police will search this or that place and then nothing is heard. Can anyone please tell which places (confirmed) the police has searched?

I'd like to know that too. I'll see if I can find a link that leads to that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname