Will the Anthonys Now Believe that Casey Did It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that George has known since they found FKC and got her home, and heard the kidnapping story. He knew for sure after she was bailed out of jail and refused to or was not interested enough to join in any search for Caylee. But I think he chose to support CA for some reason, and hope against hope that it wasn't true.

I think towards mid November is when Cindy first began to believe Caylee was no longer alive, but then Baez, D, Casey and others continued to jerk her along, even after the body was found.

But I believe both have known for sure since the SA and their lawyer told them what Baez's OS was going to be. And they knew just how big her betrayal was. But I also believe they thought she would get the death penalty, and couldn't bring themselves to actually have a hand in that. CA much more than GA.

I also think LA has known since the time he heard his mother was searching for a dead Caylee. I also listen to every word he said on the stand about FKC as the absolute of sarcasm - I (have to) believe everything my sister says - sounds to me like a dig against his mother in particular - it sounds to me like he's heard that one from his mother for a long time. I think he's an angry man, a disillusioned man, a man who feels the loss of his niece and someone who is disgusted with the law process as a whole and wants nothing to do with it.

But it's that old saying - be careful what you wish for - and what a conundrum for both CA and GA!

What if - after a day with her mother and father, who FCA had stolen from, and was, if not for the Caylee's been kidnapped BS story, going to face charges for this as SP told the bank - do whatever you need to.. After returning home, Cindy and FCA get into it yet again; Cindy says this to FCA in a fit of bent up anger and frustration...

That's it, we are done, you have stolen from us for the last time, you have lied to us for the last time. You will no longer control us, and you are on your own. You will have to get a real job, and support yourself and Caylee - because we are done. I'm taking back MY car, you can buy your own. You will watch Caylee day and night - not me, you will feed Caylee - not me, you will cloth Caylee - not me, you will wash Caylee - not me. You need a babysitter for Caylee - don't call me, call Zanny (the last comment would be a huge slap to FCA's face - liar liar).

If Cindy threatened to take possession of Caylee, isn't that beneficial to FCA? She could have walked away. Isn't that what FCA wanted?

But if FCA had finally pushed Cindy too far, and heard the finality in Cindy's words, that's not beneficial to FCA. Then, when Cindy would not take Caylee on 16th, which was probably relayed in the series of calls that FCA made to Cindy that afternoon, FCA realized that Cindy was serious, and there was little an unemployed and broke FCA could do about it - except the unthinkable.

Cindy has a martyr complex, perhaps the guilt of what she said to FCA, and what was done to Caylee, prevents her from ever speaking the truth. If Cindy ever did, perhaps there would have never been a trial. Maybe that's why Cindy went into the exact opposite direction - she gave the wrong date for when she last saw Caylee (get LE away from the real night and what happened), regurgitated FCA's lies over and over and over, when the facts proved they never could have happened. She spoke in great detail about Nanny she knew never existed. Cindy argued, lied and mislead everyone - with no shame at all, because she felt it was her who set this all in motion.

Cindy is not concerned with how people perceive her, and was not trying to show a perfect family. Cindy knew from the moment that car was in the driveway that something was very wrong, and her need to force FCA to talk was the reason for the calls to 911. Only when Cindy stopped long enough to see a house full of LE, did she comprehend her role in all of this, and reversed her loyalty and took up for FCA. If Cindy lost Caylee, then she also lost FCA, and Cindy was not going to lose them both.

I think they know she did it, and for reasons that (unfortunately) did not really come out in the trial---certainly not in the closing arguments. I conjecture that CA's making it clear to Casey that she was now set on obtaining custody of Caylee (in that last fight), and moreover, that she had adequate grounds to win custody, is what led to the killing. The prosecutors could have built the case for this motive: who is unaware of how often a parent kills kids they love (perhaps also with a spouse) when they believe the kids will be taken away from them? There is a combination of extreme rage, jealousy, and spite that leads them to get a revenge of sorts. I can well imagine that after Cindy said, that's it I'm getting custody, and I'll raise her as I think she should be raised!---or some such thing--that Casey would say something like, I'd kill her before I let you have her! This also would explain a feeling of satisfaction when Caylee was missing, knowing she was getting her revenge on her mother---that was the driving force---and she enjoyed holding her off with ever more fanciful tales, knowing there was nothing her mother could do. Remember how when Cindy told Casey that she was sleeping with Caylee's stuffed bear in her absence, because it smelled like Caylee, that the bear soon disappeared? Remember how she dropped one of her boyfriends because he was giving too much attention to Caylee rather than her? The remark about being a spiteful *****. Recall Cindy's face-book posting on her daughter's jealousy being at the root of the disappearance. It was not because she wanted to party more (although indirectly that came into it) it was out of revenge/spite and a determination NOT to let her mother win. She'd rather kill her beloved kid than ever let her mother take control out of her rightful hands!

BBM

I agree with everything you wrote with the exception of one thing:

Caylee was never beloved by Casey.

I don't think they knew for sure but suspected from the minute they got the car back
I remember Cindy telling Casey to look at her in the jail video so she could see her eyes
They realized while she was sitting in jail though and knew for a fact once Caylee was found .

The moment they got that car back, they knew it was a crime scene. And they chose to clean it up, which only leads me to one conclusion, that they knew it was KC's crime scene. Otherwise there would be no reason to clean it up, no? Once they realized that Caylee was 'missing', well as GA said on the stand, 'one plus one equals two'. They knew...IMO, from the very beginning. :twocents:

Of course they believe she did it. And I think maybe they even cared there for a very brief moment. However, they have moved on already. Caylee is but a mere memory and it appears as though their take on the whole situation is that Caylee cannot be brought back so they might as well take from the situation whatever they can get because opportunity doesn't knock very often in one's lifetime. Because ya know, there is not likely to be as big a payout the next time *it* harms someone.

No. I don't think the Anthonys (including Lee) will ever believe Casey deliberately killed Caylee.

I DO think that they know she was responsible for her death. I think they will believe any accident story Casey spins for them. I think they will buy that she was just too scared to tell them. I think they will buy that Casey really has mental issues and that the imaginary friends were real to her.

They cannot be objective.

It is unfortunate because this failure to see things as they actually are is what will keep them in their own personal hell until they draw their last breath. They will forever blame themselves. They too are Casey's victims but they will never recognize how much Casey hates them all.

Even on the witness stand at the trial, cindy continued the lies. She spoke of zanny, jeff and the whole kaboodle of friends like they were real. She used the present case. She sounded like a nut case, but she didn't care. She can't be the mother of a murderer, so she pretends she was completely taken in by casey. cindy and george knew from day one that something terrible happened to Caylee. They knew NONE of Caylee's clothes were gone. They knew their daughter and they know her temper.

If they really wanted to know where Caylee was and that she was safe, all they had to do was call THEIR car in stolen. LE would have found casey. cindy was burying her head in the sand. She did not want to know. She was forced into the reality because HER car smelled like a dead body. If it weren't for that, this fiasco would have continued.

Cindy made up excuses as soon as LE arrived. Did she take LE to the car and show them the smell and contents? Heck, no. She removed the contents and covered the smell. They told the media that KBCA had moved out the week prior. This was told so they had a reason not to be concerned for Caylee was safe with her mommy. Cindy knew better and outright lied. It was cindy that made up the story about the ladder. That story was put out there to give her daughter an out. It was never left up. cindy lied. This is the "Family of the Lie". In cindy's sick need for a family image that never existed, she indirectly caused the death of Caylee.

At times George clearly was conflicted but nonetheless seemingly allowed himself to be trotted out before the jury by the defense and branded a liar, adulterer and child abuser in spite of his denials. Cindy simply lied through her fake tears.

No. I don't think the Anthonys (including Lee) will ever believe Casey deliberately killed Caylee.

I DO think that they know she was responsible for her death. I think they will believe any accident story Casey spins for them. I think they will buy that she was just too scared to tell them. I think they will buy that Casey really has mental issues and that the imaginary friends were real to her.

It is unfortunate because this failure to see things as they actually are is what will keep them in their own personal hell until they draw their last breath. They will forever blame themselves. They too are Casey's victims but they will never recognize how much Casey hates them all.

I agree and you have to wonder if that line of thinking and denial is what made their daughter who she is today..

Even on the witness stand at the trial, cindy continued the lies. She spoke of zanny, jeff and the whole kaboodle of friends like they were real. She used the present case. She sounded like a nut case, but she didn't care. She can't be the mother of a murderer, so she pretends she was completely taken in by casey. cindy and george knew from day one that something terrible happened to Caylee. They knew NONE of Caylee's clothes were gone. They knew their daughter and they know her temper.

If they really wanted to know where Caylee was and that she was safe, all they had to do was call THEIR car in stolen. LE would have found casey. cindy was burying her head in the sand. She did not want to know. She was forced into the reality because HER car smelled like a dead body. If it weren't for that, this fiasco would have continued.

Cindy made up excuses as soon as LE arrived. Did she take LE to the car and show them the smell and contents? Heck, no. She removed the contents and covered the smell. They told the media that KBCA had moved out the week prior. This was told so they had a reason not to be concerned for Caylee was safe with her mommy. Cindy knew better and outright lied. It was cindy that made up the story about the ladder. That story was put out there to give her daughter an out. It was never left up. cindy lied. This is the "Family of the Lie". In cindy's sick need for a family image that never existed,she indirectly caused the death of Caylee.

Bolded bits mine.

Brava. Took guts to say that, especially that last sentence, and I agree with you completely. When it comes to Mrs. Anthony's concern for 'image', I don't think much else matters to her.

Cindy made up excuses as soon as LE arrived. Did she take LE to the car and show them the smell and contents? Heck, no. She removed the contents and covered the smell. They told the media that KBCA had moved out the week prior. This was told so they had a reason not to be concerned for Caylee was safe with her mommy. Cindy knew better and outright lied. It was cindy that made up the story about the ladder. That story was put out there to give her daughter an out. It was never left up. cindy lied. This is the "Family of the Lie". In cindy's sick need for a family image that never existed, she indirectly caused the death of Caylee.
This is such a great post, Whisperer!
I agree with every word!

They know, and they always knew, but they have and always will find ways to rationalize. I agree that if Casey tells them it was an accident they will believe her even if down deep they know there is more to it. In their minds, Casey did not cause Caylee's demise, circumstances did. They are masters at pretending whatever they need to pretend to get by.

BBM

I agree with everything you wrote with the exception of one thing:

Caylee was never beloved by Casey.

The main thing is that even where there is love, the outrage of having the kid taken, and of having to bear accusations of unfitness, was just too much! Caylee was dead already, if Casey was convinced her mother would truly act this time.
Why do people think the prosecutors didn't pursue the vengeance /spite theory? Curious what others think.

IMO, George believed that Casey did it WAY back when Tim Miller first came to town. After all, it was George that went to Sports Authority to take Casey to lunch only to find out she did NOT work there! George was on to Casey and Casey knew it but Cindy wouldn't let George "act" on his suspicions. Cindy held a tight rein on George so he would not confront Casey. Remember Tracy McLaughlin's story that "they all walked on eggshells around Casey" when she was released on bail? George knew! Cindy, on the other hand, knows in her heart that Casey killed Caylee but will never let her mind believe it.

I believe they have known since day 31. I do not believe they believe she murdered Caylee, however. I personally think they believe it was an accident "snowballing out of control."

Here's my "expert" opinion, lol.... It seems to me that the Anthony's handled FCA's wongdoings themselves (CA moreso but GA too nonetheless). The only real responsibility FCA had to take for any of her actions was an out of control screaming/threatening CA and an occasional GA acting like a cop. I believe CA may have thrived on FCA's lies because they overshadowed the very real possibility that FCA was a psycopath, or at the very least something was terribly wrong. In a way, it was probably easier for CA to live with FCA's lies than to deal with the truth.

So, today I don't expect it would be anything different. They are in the same state of denial believing whatever happened to Caylee had nothing to do with FCA other than her failure to report it. If they face the truth, they face the real possibility that they allowed a psycopath to care for their Caylee who I believe they loved very much.

I suspect right after the verdict they were excited because they could once again handle FCA. I believe by now they have realized FCA will be coming in to some money soon and really doesn't want anything to do with them anymore.

Yes, case in point - the denial about a very pregnant Casey at her brother Rick's wedding. Unbelievable. Especially when approximately two months later Caylee Marie was born.

The A's denied her life before Caylee was born, and denied her death after she was gone.

The A's denied her life before Caylee was born, and denied her death after she was gone.

Whew! Reading that made my heart sink in my chest..
That's exactly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member