William Tyrrell MEDIA/MAPS/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

In a stunning confession at the William Tyrrell inquest, a dying man reportedly told his nurse he knew exactly what happened to "the little boy that went missing down at Kendall". @KellyFedor #9News

(Video)

Nine News Sydney on Twitter

The William Tyrrell inquest will resume in Taree shortly with three more witnesses, but will adjourn indefinitely after today due to concerns about the coronavirus. A new date for resumption has not been determined. @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris on Twitter

Counsel Assisting Gerard Craddock SC told the court despite the adjournment, “the police investigation is continuing, is going to continue, there’s no halt to that”. The Coroner also told the court “there’s nothing in relation to this matter which I consider to be a cold case”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Craddock also told the court “as a consequence of evidence we have called here, there has already been a witness who we had no idea about who has come forward and will be speaking to police”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Renee Jenner has now taken the stand. She’s another nurse at the aged care home in Port Macquarie where Ray Porter lived before his death. She told the court she visited his room last year while an older couple was there with him. She had a conversation with the three of them.

Lia Harris on Twitter

She told the court the older woman in the room commented that they had to go to court and Ms Jenner joked that it was something Porter had done. Porter then said “no, it’s about a little boy” before the woman said “no it’s not Ray, just leave it, I’ve told you so many times”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

She told the court “she was trying to stop him from talking to me... I felt Ray wanted to talk more to me”. She said she was left feeling physically ill, telling the court “for some unknown reason I wanted to vomit... just the way he said it to me and what happened in that room”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Ms Jenner told the court there was no mention of William Tyrrell, but she reported it anyway. She said she made a statement to police about it without knowing about the conversations Porter allegedly had with her colleagues. She’s now been excused.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Tom Porter, Ray’s brother, is now in the witness box. He described Ray as “sort of a loner” and said he was “easily influenced” by others who often “took advantage of him”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Porter told the court he and his wife regularly visited Ray in the nursing home in Port Macquarie in 2018 and 2019. The court heard they “didn’t know much about his life in 2014”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Porter told the court Ray had complained to him that the police kept “badgering him” and asking questions “about some child”. He said Ray told him he didn’t know how to answer them.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Mr Porter told police his brother Ray “had one good friend by the name of Frank” and that “Frank sometimes took his car”. Mr Porter told the court he was having trouble remembering what he told police.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard police repeatedly visited Ray in the nursing home to interview him about William Tyrrell. Mr Porter told the court he told Ray to tell police to speak to him instead because he was worried the stress of it was affecting his health.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Porter told the court he asked Ray what it was all about and he told him it was “about the children” and said “my mate and I were fishing and children walked across the road and he told them to get back because it was too dangerous and the children went back across the road”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Porter said he asked him “are you sure that’s what happened?” and he said he was.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Porter told the court he never met Frank Abbott. He’s now been excused.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Porter’s wife Irma is now in the witness box. She told the court Ray told her the police had been asking him about Frank and whether or not he could drive, she said Ray told them “Frank can’t drive”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Ms Porter told police “I got the impression Frank was not a very nice person. Ray told me one of his neighbours in Wauchope had told him to stay away from Frank”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Ms Porter told the court she found a letter after Ray died, which appeared to have been sent from jail and was signed “from your good friend Frank”. She said the letter asked Ray to pick up his boat and move it “to a lady’s place”. She has since thrown it out.

Lia Harris on Twitter

She told the court the letter “meant nothing” at the time because she wasn’t interviewed by detectives until earlier this year. She told the court she got the impression Ray was “scared of Frank”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Ms Porter is asked about the conversation with nurse Renee Jenner in Ray’s room. She told the court they told Ray not to talk about “the little boy” because it upset him and that “Ray was only a few days away from death and very confused and muddled and very ill”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Ms Porter told the court she believed Ray was telling the truth about what he knew because “he would tell the truth to Tom...if he had something to hide he wouldn’t have hid it from his brother”. She said he knew he didn’t have long to live.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Ms Porter has been excused. The lawyer representing William’s birth father has applied to re-call Geoff Owen as a witness at a later date, which has been approved by the coroner. Owen knew Abbott and repaired decking William’s foster grandmother’s house in late 2014.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The inquest has been adjourned until June 1 for a directions hearing to determine when the evidence will proceed. The Coroner told the court “I’m so sorry the world has done this. I wanted to finish the evidence this week... there’s still work to be done”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

We will have a new episode of Where’s William Tyrrell? discussing all the important evidence from the past two weeks. We hope to release it next week, once we can figure out a safe and effective way to record under the circumstances. #WheresWilliam

Lia Harris on Twitter

There were tears from some of the loved ones of William Tyrrell when the inquest into the toddler’s suspected murder was suspended this afternoon as a precaution because of corona virus @abcsydney @abcnews

Mark Reddie on Twitter

Counsel Assisting in the William #Tyrrell inquest reveals an additional witness they had no idea about has come forward to speak to police. He also insists the investigation is continuing despite the #COVID19 adjournment. @9NewsSyd

Kelly Fedor on Twitter

If you’re following the William Tyrell case, I am interviewing Gary Jubelin at 6pm on my @SkyNewsAust program tonight ahead of his verdict being handed down tomorrow. @chmharvey will join for analysis. Tune in!

Sharri Markson on Twitter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back