Winnie the Pooh blanket

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740699/detail.html
ORANGE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
SUPPLEMENTAL REPORT
Page 4
There were a total of two black plastic bags with yellow
ties in side the canvass type bag. The tan canvass bag
was identified as a "Whitney Design" laundry bag (item#2516)
with wire enforced rim. Several items were found inside the bags
including but not limited to the following:
--One stained "Winnie the pooh" blanket
--
Page 5
Given the above information, I drafted a search warrant for
the Anthony home on Hopespring Drive. Deputies also
responded tot he address and secured it pending
the execution of the warrant. Mallory Parker, girlfriend
of Lee Anthony, was at the residence at the time but she
left when asked. The residence was secured at 1203 hours.
The search warrant was signed by Judge Legendre and
executed that same evening at 4937 Hopespring Drive.
There was no one present when we executed the search
warrant.

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740699/detail.html
Page 9
On December 20th, I obtained another search warrant for the Anthony residence on Hopespring Drive. The search warrant was signed by Judge Perry who sealed both the warrant and the affidavit. This search warrant was based on additional evidence recovered since December 11th.
Cynthia and George Anthony were home when the warrant was executed. While standing in the living room waiting to begin our search, Cynthia read the copy of the warrant I gave her. In the presence of us all, she made a statement that one of Caylee's "Winnie the Pooh" blankets
was missing.

It doesn't really matter what date the blanket was revealed to the public. She doesn't tell the story of the garbage bag and the blanket until interviewed in prison by LE. There is no way to prove she did not embellish the later known details into the story of what KC supposedly said to her after the body was found. I don't believe her story at all.

In her letter to Tracy, she says is there ANYTHING you can find in those letters that can help me? ANYTHING? Well folks, nada. This woman is desperate. So what does she do? She embellishes verbally.

In February of this year after, more than a year of intense media coverage of the case, Adams told investigators about her conversations with Casey around the time Caylee was found.

She told investigators that this time Casey was different. "She was crying. She was very scared." According to Adams, Casey gave a lot of details. She says Casey Anthony told her, "they found the remains... in a bag, it was a black bag... garbage bag. There was a baby blanket."

Adams says this was "before" the detectives identified those remains as Caylee's.

In a supplemental report, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement wrote "as a note, the information regarding the baby blanket and the black garbage bag was not made known to the jail chaplain. So Casey Anthony had knowledge of items only the suspect, certain law enforcement personnel and certain medical examiner's personnel knew."
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/040710-casey-anthony-letters-fallout

I do see it differently I do not think this was embellished. I believe what RA states she was told. I'm of the belief in the beginning, this was only a friendship. RA felt bad how Inmate Anthony had been chastized by other inmates and she had no judgement of Inmate Anthony, befriended her and saw there is something off in her, mentally. She was concerned that it didnt' concern her about Caylee's demise. As the conversations blossomed, she then had thoughts of this may help her with a reduced sentence. No honor among thieves but I feel like this is weighing heavy on Inmate Anthony's mind. If she truly found God, this may be her way of confessing the crime. She basically exonerates Zany the nanny, saying she didn't exist. JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Y'all kick me in the backside if this has already been noted-But couldn't DC have told CA or JB about the blanket a month before LE found it? I am convinced we saw him pick it up with his stick (will find and post the picture), and it's not a leap then to think he may have reported back to someone in the defense/family camp as to what he found. And they could have told KC-KC can throw DC under the bus if she has to.
But as for the garbage bags, not sure how KC can explain that away. ETA-Maybe she can-I believe RK said from the start that her skull came out of a bag, but did he say what color bag, or anything about the handles?
Of course, this is all me playing devil's advocate, I know how KC knew how Caylee's body was found...

Jayla, IIRC, there was a pink blanket on the ground in the area Dominick was video taped poking around...separate and apart from the remains, where the WTP blanket was located. I'd have to go look it up on the Crime Scene Photos thread to be certain. And, I may have an overactive imagination, but I wanna say that pink blanket was futher east than the remains.

PS. I'll be first in line for kicks in the backside 'round here. You'll hafta wait your turn. :)

If Adams was repeating what KC told her Adams did not know, at the time, what she was telling LE was important because no one but LE knew that evidence had not been disclosed when KC talked with the Chaplin. Adams would not know that. We would not have known that. Many here speculated because we all saw them removing bedding on 12/11/08 from the home, but we did not know for certain until later. For KC to tell Adams she told this to the Chaplin, I don't think Adams was aware that what she was telling LE was significant. JMO

Jayla, IIRC, there was a pink blanket on the ground in the area Dominick was video taped poking around...separate and apart from the remains, where the WTP blanket was located. I'd have to go look it up on the Crime Scene Photos thread to be certain. And, I may have an overactive imagination, but I wanna say that pink blanket was futher east than the remains.

PS. I'll be first in line for kicks in the backside 'round here. You'll hafta wait your turn. :)

You are correct, there was a pink blanket DC found and picked up east of the remains, and there was a pink blanket recovered from the crime scene.

Was it ever determined that the two were the same item? :waitasec:

You are correct, there was a pink blanket DC found and picked up east of the remains, and there was a pink blanket recovered from the crime scene.

Not to be toooo snarky BUT would not the confirmation of said match require the cooperation and coordination of the "PI extra-ordinarie"
DC to provide a statement of such, at least to the best of his ability?
As in " DUH, yup umm it shore duz kinda sorta look like that one I saw in November '08" and then gee, maybe he could in the spirit of collegiality provide photographs? OR did the exclusive family investigator happen to deem that item as a possible relevant material issue and COLLECT it as evidence to be evaluated by LE? OH WAIT, DC is amongst the missing, perhaps he has entered a monastery, taking the vows of poverty, celibacy and silence in retribution for his sins! YEAH, sure!

(bold mine)

Assuming Baez didn't have any search warrant details to share with Casey when he visited her on the evening of 12.11.2008:

Could Baez have provided information to Casey via telephone, either later that night or in the following days, that Casey then shared with Robyn?

IOW, is all of Casey's communication w/ her defense team face-to-face? Or do they also speak on the phone?

(bold mine - I'm quoting my own post here..weird)

Although the media release and visitation timelines are tightening up (thanks, everyone!), it's not meaningful to me unless I can answer the question about telephone contact between Casey and her defense team.

Can anyone put this to bed for me?

(bold mine - I'm quoting my own post here..weird)

Although the media release and visitation timelines are tightening up (thanks, everyone!), it's not meaningful to me unless I can answer the question about telephone contact between Casey and her defense team.

Can anyone put this to bed for me?

Phone calls are recorded. No priviledge so I would think JB visits in a room face-to-face. And we do know the day the remains were found JB visited the jail. JMO

Phone calls are recorded. No priviledge so I would think JB visits in a room face-to-face. And we do know the day the remains were found JB visited the jail. JMO

Thanks for your response; I assumed telephone calls between attorneys and inmates were considered privileged communication.

I've never seen anywhere that it was confirmed that it was the same blanket. Don't have time to go back and look now (darn job), but there were some pictures posted in a thread here comparing the pink blanket in dominic's video and the pink blanket in evidence. They both have a significant hole that looks the same.

IIRC some of the more recent interviews done with TES searchers in the area also talked about finding a blanket -- possibly the same one. IMO, they were all in the general area where Caylee's remains were -- very close but not the exact spot. Dominic finding that blanket also led may of us to speculate that he also found remains during his at least 3 days of searching, but did not report them.

Thanks for your response; I assumed telephone calls between attorneys and inmates were considered privileged communication.

They may be after the fact. But it is reported that all jail calls are recorded. I do not think an attorney would discuss anything over the phone, just that they will see them soon, nothing about their case. Just the fact that they know they are being recorded it is not private. JMO

I've never seen anywhere that it was confirmed that it was the same blanket. Don't have time to go back and look now (darn job), but there were some pictures posted in a thread here comparing the pink blanket in dominic's video and the pink blanket in evidence. They both have a significant hole that looks the same.

IIRC some of the more recent interviews done with TES searchers in the area also talked about finding a blanket -- possibly the same one. IMO, they were all in the general area where Caylee's remains were -- very close but not the exact spot. Dominic finding that blanket also led may of us to speculate that he also found remains during his at least 3 days of searching, but did not report them.

And it is possible an animal could have carried the blanket away from the remains. Or it could be just another blanket. So much trash dumped in that area.

IIRC, there were two blankets found. I seem to remember a photo of JA carrying one at the remains site, and then there was an Winnie the Pooh that was found at the site and shown in the evidence photos. Both were discussed here on WS . The one JA was carrying had some similarities to a blanket that Caylee was photographed on.

They may be after the fact. But it is reported that all jail calls are recorded. I do not think an attorney would discuss anything over the phone, just that they will see them soon, nothing about their case. Just the fact that they know they are being recorded it is not private. JMO

Gotcha.

FWIW, there are counties that utilize an automated system whereby attorneys register certain phone numbers with the jail, and calls to/from those numbers are not recorded. Orange County must not be one of them...

Thanks again!

BBM
They were not the same item... (pg. 7) (Q82) one was light blue Winnie the Pooh design the (pg. 9) other was pink and purple flower design "Koahla baby" tag (Q103)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/15088979/Serological-Exams

BBM
They were not the same item... (pg. 7) (Q82) one was light blue Winnie the Pooh design the (pg. 9) other was pink and purple flower design "Koahla baby" tag (Q103)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/15088979/Serological-Exams

I believe what JWG was asking was whether the blanket DC found and picked up with a stick was the same as the Q103 blanket.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back