Woman admits to having 15 abortions in 17 years

True enough hoppy and I will rephrase. i guess what I mean is those that find choosing abortion is acceptable, what is the difference if it is one or 15? I am asking this sincerely because i truly do not understand.

Maybe this will help. . . .I also oppose multiple elective cosmetic procedures unless there is a serious disfiguring situation. In-patient/out-patient: they are surgical procedures w/ risks. Also, abortion is not meant to be a form of BC--that was never the point of Roe v. Wade.

I will never judge a woman who has had an abortion. Her reasons are all that matter. That said, abortion is *not*, nor was it ever meant to be, a form of birth control. The procedure is a medical procedure. It's not like having a tooth removed. The damage of chronic procedures done is devastating to the uterus never mind the financial costs.

Why this person decided to put it all out there like a brag is beyond my comprehension. Why any MD would, after a record like hers, proceed with procedure after procedure absolutely blows my mind. There's a motive for this crap. One sick woman as far as I'm concerned. :loser:

Maybe this will help. . . .I also oppose multiple elective cosmetic procedures unless there is a serious disfiguring situation. In-patient/out-patient: they are surgical procedures w/ risks. Also, abortion is not meant to be a form of BC--that was never the point of Roe v. Wade.
Since you are leading with this example, I am gathering that it is mainly the fact that it is multiple surgical procedures that is objectionable?

Along with that we should be able to choose a limited number of abortions per person ,but beyond that we are choosing to use it as birth control? What would be an acceptable limit in your opinion?

I am not trying to open a debate, I am truly trying to understand why 1 is ok but 15 is not. 15 women each having one abortion represent 15 abortions. So why are those 15 ok but not 15 for one woman; because of the multiple surgeries? I am gathering it is the surgical aspect and not necessarily the abortion part of it? But shouldn;t she have the ability to choose how many surgeries she should have?
Since i do not support abortion I cannot understand the logic and am always looking to expand my horizons. My questions are honest and sincere and I am afraid they will not be taken that way so I am trying to express my desire to understand.
thanks.

Since you are leading with this example, I am gathering that it is mainly the fact that it is multiple surgical procedures that is objectionable?

Along with that we should be able to choose a limited number of abortions per person ,but beyond that we are choosing to use it as birth control? What would be an acceptable limit in your opinion?

I am not trying to open a debate, I am truly trying to understand why 1 is ok but 15 is not. 15 women each having one abortion represent 15 abortions. So why are those 15 ok but not 15 for one woman; because of the multiple surgeries? I am gathering it is the surgical aspect and not necessarily the abortion part of it? But shouldn;t she have the ability to choose how many surgeries she should have?
Since i do not support abortion I cannot understand the logic and am always looking to expand my horizons. My questions are honest and sincere and I am afraid they will not be taken that way so I am trying to express my desire to understand.
thanks.

Hey Bean, let me ask you this. If there a difference, in your opinion, between a murderer (i.e. 1) and a serial murderer (i.e. n>1)?

And for the rest of you folks, please do NOT think I am equating abortion with murder. So nip it.

Hey Bean, let me ask you this. If there a difference, in your opinion, between a murderer (i.e. 1) and a serial murderer (i.e. n>1)?

And for the rest of you folks, please do NOT think I am equating abortion with murder. So nip it.

Sure.
But murder is illegal and abortion is not, so I am not touching your example with a ten foot pole!Oh you are asking for trouble with that analogy.
:blowkiss:

I certainly don't feel like women should have serial abortions, but I can't see imposing a set number either. That sounds unenforceable and arbitrary at best. I think the government needs to stay out of women's wombs. That said, I am no proponent of late-term (partial birth or otherwise) abortions except to save the mother's life. As one poster already said, they have an entire 90 days to get a plan together and make their choice. But I am a staunch supporter of a woman's right to choose.
While we do not necessarily sit on the same side of the fence I respect that your pov is consistent across the board; that while you don't personally like serial abortions, it is our choice to make at this time.

Oh you are asking for trouble with that analogy.
:blowkiss:

Yeah I realized that after I typed the word "murder". But I love the abortion vs. murder debate. Why you ask? Simple, us guys are COMPLETELY innocent when it comes to abortion / murder!

Altough it's called "pro-choice", men have no choice at all.

Lastly, if anyone thinks they can "read" my abortion rights belief from the above, you'd be wrong.

Last question Bean, Dodgers or Angles?

Thanks Bean love ya.

Yeah I realized that after I typed the word "murder". But I love the abortion vs. murder debate. Why you ask? Simple, us guys are COMPLETELY innocent when it comes to abortion / murder!

Altough it's called "pro-choice", men have no choice at all.

Lastly, if anyone thinks they can "read" my abortion rights belief from the above, you'd be wrong.

Last question Bean, Dodgers or Angles?

Thanks Bean love ya.
Very intersting point. I know a man that is still in agony over his SO's choice to have an abortion. I'll have to read again and see if there is any reference to the man(men?) in this situation.

ETA: in thinking about my own question, one answer could be that just because a person is pro-abortion it does not imply it is a decision to be taken lightly ;most likely with deep thought and introspection. Therefore, multiple abortions could imply a cavalier attitude about abortions and the seriousness of them and would not truly represent the thought process behind being pro-abortion.

Angels.

thanks.

I think part of the reason that I have a difficult time explaining my opinion on this to anyone is because I am pro-choice, but MY choice is life--so I have conflicting emotions. :) Multiple elective surgeries drive me crazy! So, yes, that is my main objection to multiple abortions. I think they should be limited. Are they? No. Will they ever be? Only by insurance companies. To open another can of worms--I'm also pro-death penalty! I'm just a conundrum wrapped up in an enigma floating on a sea of confusion!

well since I am pro-life I don't understand why this upsets pro choice people at all.
Not trying to be controversial ot troublesome. i just don't see what the problem is if you are in favor of abortion in the first place what's the difference or the problem?

It's all in the word... pro- CHOICE.

She has the legal right to choose to have as many abortions as she wants.

But she also had the CHOICE to use contraception and didn't.

She CHOSE to be with a man who did not ever want children.

She CHOSE to get pregnant 15 times just so that she could have more abortions.

I would see it differently had she have used precautions and was so super-fertile that the contraception failed.

But she was deliberately getting pregnant just so that she could have abortions. :banghead:

And I just can't wrap my head or heart around that.

I don't agree that she was using abortion as a method of BC. She was using it as some sick power play with her hubby, and in an effort to get attention.

She needed psychiatric help- not more doctors aiding her power games with hubby. And her 'abortion addiction' should have been picked up in the councelling sessions I thought were legally required prior to a termination.

I guess that makes me semi-pro choice and 100% pro mental health support.

It's all in the word... pro- CHOICE.

She has the legal right to choose to have as many abortions as she wants.

But she also had the CHOICE to use contraception and didn't.

She CHOSE to be with a man who did not ever want children.

She CHOSE to get pregnant 15 times just so that she could have more abortions.

I would see it differently had she have used precautions and was so super-fertile that the contraception failed.

But she was deliberately getting pregnant just so that she could have abortions. :banghead:

And I just can't wrap my head or heart around that.

I don't agree that she was using abortion as a method of BC. She was using it as some sick power play with her hubby, and in an effort to get attention.

She needed psychiatric help- not more doctors aiding her power games with hubby. And her 'abortion addiction' should have been picked up in the councelling sessions I thought were legally required prior to a termination.

I guess that makes me semi-pro choice and 100% pro mental health support.

Okay, I buy this fair argument and truly cannot disagree much. Especially the 100% mental health thing in this particular case.

Sorry, it is not a "we" decision. Your husband has/had no choice at all.

You were right when you said "MY body, MY choice. MY decision, NOT yours." "NOT yours" includes your husband.

Just the sad fact.

When I said WE made the decesion, WE really both made the decision. It was not a "whoops, I am pregnant".
After 5 years of marriage, we decided we were ready for a family. Both of my children were planned.
If he would have not been ready at that time, I can promise you it would NOT have happend. In some cases, the man does not get a say in the pregnancy, but in ours it was a decision reached by both of us right down to what their names were.

well since I am pro-life I don't understand why this upsets pro choice people at all.
Not trying to be controversial ot troublesome. i just don't see what the problem is if you are in favor of abortion in the first place what's the difference or the problem?

I am a pro-choicer who is not upset by this, so I can't speak personally to your question (which is a good one).

I will say that I think a great many pro-choicers (just like pro-lifers who are okay with abortion in the case of rape or incest) have some limits as to what they consider acceptable when it comes to abortion.

Most pro-choicers are not in favor of abortions. I'm certainly not in favor of abortions. I am in favor of abortions being legal and of the decision to have one resting with the person who is pregnant. Like my pro-lifer brothers and sisters, I would like to see us work together to create a world where all babies are wanted and abortion is not an option. Our energies and dollars would be much better spent if we teamed up together under THAT umbrella.

I can't believe I missed this thread.
I call bull. I want to see medical documentation. My mother has had 4 abortions, possibly 5 (she's purposefully vague) and she has no problem with that. Her doctor, however, does, and she is past childbearing age now, but she was told that if she ever intended to have another procedure like that, she would require actual surgery and hospitalization. This is after 5. I don't see how this womans body could handle the procedure that many times.
BTW: Personally, I am pro-life for myself, and pro-choice for everyone else. I respect all decisions on the topic, mine has just been made in advance.

You guys all missed the point of the article. In the first sentence it states that she was "trapped in a cycle of 'abortion addiction".

She was the victim here. I think we're supposed to feel sorry for her.

(sarcasm intended).

When I said WE made the decesion, WE really both made the decision. It was not a "whoops, I am pregnant".
After 5 years of marriage, we decided we were ready for a family. Both of my children were planned.
If he would have not been ready at that time, I can promise you it would NOT have happend. In some cases, the man does not get a say in the pregnancy, but in ours it was a decision reached by both of us right down to what their names were.

What? I thought we were discussing ABORTION, not pregnancy? That's great both you and your hubby choose to make a baby.

But you're wrong, in all cases (with the exception of male rape), us "men do get a say" in getting someone pregnant.

I'm sure your hubby is smart enough to know he really doesn't have a choice with abortions.

While I'm pro-choice, I believe women should be limited to 1-2 elective abortions simply so it does NOT become a method of BC. I have managed to reach the age of 38 w/ NO pregnancies, so it IS possible.

I've managed to make it to 48 without any unwanted pregnancies and zero abortions (wouldn't have been able to do that).

My question is what difference does it make how many a woman has if you are OK with abortion per se?

What does the number matter? Just curious. Seems it's OK with one or two but then becomes a moral dilema?

I think this woman obviously has a problem. I also don't think it's unheard of for women to have more than a few - perhaps they keep it a secret because it just seems...trying to choose the word - wrong?

What? I thought we were discussing ABORTION, not pregnancy? That's great both you and your hubby choose to make a baby.

But you're wrong, in all cases (with the exception of male rape), us "men do get a say" in getting someone pregnant.

I'm sure your hubby is smart enough to know he really doesn't have a choice with abortions.

OT, but I don't understand this. Why are men responsible for every time they have sex, whether the contraception fails or was never used or he was lied to that it was when it wasn't...but women can't be held responsible for the same act until about 7 months along?

This has always baffled me. To me, it seems very condescending to women, as if we have no control over ourselves and shouldn't have to have consequences for our behavior...like we aren't smart enough or strong enough.

Unless a woman was raped, underage, or mentally impaired, I think the responsibility should be equal. If you are pro-life, then no one can force you to abort, not even the man. But if you are pro-choice, then why doesn't the man get any say about his child?

This is the flip side of a man being lied to about contraception and wanting the woman to abort but she doesn't want to, and he is still on the hook for child support. I don't get why men are held to a higher standard of responsibility than women.

This has always bugged me.

I really don't believe this particular story has anything to do with whether abortion is - or should be - legal or not. I can really only speak for myself but I doubt very much that most pro-choice proponents would ethically support 15 abortions by one woman!

The majority of women I know, personally, have had at least one abortion. The reasons range from being much too young to parent responsibly or not knowing who the father was to being in a bad marriage. They were singular choices and, IMO, good choices at the time.

Anyone on WS sees, almost daily, the tragic consequences that come from unwanted children being born. I would rather not see any baby suffer - ever.

And, we cannot overlook the cases where women decide to have unplanned babies only to be killed by the baby-daddies so they aren't forced into paying child support. Or the many children whose fathers are NOT contributing financially to their well-being because they weren't wanted by their FATHERS.

The decision to have a child - or not - is the mother's and it is not always the right decision for everyone involved - no matter what the decision is...

IMO, this woman was/is a bit phsyco. She is fortunate that she was able to have healthy children after all those abortions. Whether her children are fortunate to have her as a mother remains to be seen...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back