Woman claims to have been raised in jungle by Capuchin monkeys after kidnap at age 5

I am LMAO at all your comments! I love the picture of her in the tree, she doesn't look too comfortable!

But, but, being photographed in a tree making a face wearing leopard print must mean her story is true...?

article-2301552-19015B2E000005DC-225_634x428.jpg

But, but, being photographed in a tree making a face wearing leopard print must mean her story is true...?

article-2301552-19015B2E000005DC-225_634x428.jpg

Yeah.... I want to see her scale a tree like a monkey. Not like a person who is an avid climber, but like a monkey. She says she can - but interesting how she hasn't returned to the jungle to visit or show her family/researchers about the monkeys.

Nat'l Geographic is going to do a documentary on her. That's how much faith they have in her: they think it's true.

Awww.... quit monkeying around. Gibbon her a break, for God's Saki. At least she isn't going through life with a chimp on her shoulder. I do understand, though, many peoples' Rhesus for not believing her story. I'm sure she probably won't be able to keep up the facade that much Langur.

I call BS on this one. Someone wants attention.

I know lots of people who were raised by monkeys, and I know some apes raising children. Where's the story? Seems like business as usual to me.

Yeah.... I want to see her scale a tree like a monkey. Not like a person who is an avid climber, but like a monkey. She says she can - but interesting how she hasn't returned to the jungle to visit or show her family/researchers about the monkeys.

Nat'l Geographic is going to do a documentary on her. That's how much faith they have in her: they think it's true.

:floorlaugh::great: no way!

Wasn't there a female version of Tarzan at one point (not Jane)?

My usual rule of thumb with stories like this is anyone who goes out of their way to sell their 'story' really has no story.

what was her name when she was kidnapped? was she reported missing?

Mail of course just can't seem to leave this one alone:

Return of the monkey woman: When this Bradford housewife said she was raised
by capuchins, she was greeted with disbelief - so we joined her to seek her jungle family

• Marina Chapman claims she was raised by capuchin monkeys in Colombia
• She had been left in the jungle aged five after a botched kidnap
• The 63-year-old from Bradford says the monkeys 'cared for her'
• A film team followed her back to the jungle to see if her story is true

They're selling a documentary and a book.

Interesting. At the very first I thought it was complete bullshorts, but, maybe. Maybe. I could say stranger things have happened, but I can't think of any. ;D

Woman Raised By Monkeys premieres on December 12 at 9pm on the National Geographic Channel.

Lol what a load of rubbish.

Yeah. I'm not buying it either. Capuchin's are too small IMO. I had one and he was difficult to get near. Eventually he'd take food from me, but maybe I just didn't have him long enough. Monkey's are difficult to get near in the wild. In Viet Nam we could see them far off in the trees, and we once tried to get to them. We never could get close, it seemed like no matter how fast we went in a jeep, trying to get close to them, they forever a 1/4 mile away.

why is it that these stories always originate in Europe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back