Woman Smoking While Pumping Gas Ignites Fire, Burns Self And Car

SadieMae said:
Let's see, well there was the lady who sued McDonalds because their coffee was HOT. Oh and the guy who sued McDonald's (I think) because he said eating there caused him to become obese. There are other really stupid people who sue because they are the IDIOTS and think others are responsible for their stupidity. The one lawsuit I'm waiting for is for someone to sue their parents for giving them the STUPID gene. LOL
I'm calling my lawyer today. I'm gonna be rich!!!

at the Sam's Club where i fill my tank they have a no smoking sign posted at every pump in addition to signs that say not to use cell phones and that once you are out of the car, don't get back in while the pump is operating b/c the static electricity can ignite the fumes.

I wish I could post the lyrics to Weird Al's new song but I think it would be a violation of the TOS?? I hope I can post a small snippet. I encourage everyone to buy his CD as it's good clean very funny fun. This song is called "I'll Sue You" and part of it goes like this...

I sued Taco Bell
'Cause I ate half a million Chalupas
And I got fat!

I sued Panasonic
They never said I shouldn't use my microwave
To dry off my cat!

Those of you who want a good laugh may google Weird Al "I'll Sue You" lyrics. :) I'm sorry if this is appropriate to post but... well with everyone saying the woman will prolly sue (and I think so too!) I thought it was perfect to post!

izzyB said:
at the Sam's Club where i fill my tank they have a no smoking sign posted at every pump in addition to signs that say not to use cell phones and that once you are out of the car, don't get back in while the pump is operating b/c the static electricity can ignite the fumes.
I didn't know you weren't supposed to get back in the car when the pump is operating. It's too darn cold here in the winter to stay outside!

What a freaking idiot. My fiance and I went out to eat last Saturday night and we saw this woman smoking while she had her oxygen tube still in her nose. I hurried out of there cause if that tank would've blown up we'd have been goners. Some people are so dumb.

ljwf22 said:
I didn't know you weren't supposed to get back in the car when the pump is operating. It's too darn cold here in the winter to stay outside!

That's what husbands are for.

Mabel said:
That's what husbands are for.
Lol. He has his own car and works in the opposite direction. He does pump when we ride together. It's funny because he worked at his grandpa's gas station as a teen pumping gas so he's taught me how to fill the tank to the very top. He also ALWAYS cleans the windshield which drives me nuts. :banghead:

ljwf22 said:
usually women get back in the car, which is why the incidence of static fire is higher with the ladies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back