Women Told To Urinate To Deter Rape

I wasn't offended by it...I just thought maybe there might be better ways to fend off your attacker...but whatever works, right?

So many of these measures could be sound but could also be the kind of thing that may make them act aggressively and result in being raped and beaten up or killed if they're infuriated. You probably have to do your best and assess what they're likely to fall for.

However, I can't help but be so sick of the fact that the main response to the number of rape cases on the news is to give us tips on what to do and how to avoid it. Yes it can be helpful but it's only a temporary fix. It can backfire as it does when people think you were raped because of the way your dress or where you were and blame you. Not to mention that it does not really address the problem which is that as a society we place more emphasis on educating women how not to get raped than on teaching men that it is not ok to rape and making sure that justice happens when they do.

The sad fact is that what might work for some rapist, will turn another into his first kill. There really is something to be said about gut instinct.

One thing, as has been mentioned above, is to NEVER go to a second location with anyone. If they confront you with a weapon to try to get you into a vehicle, this is your chance to scream and make as much noise as possible. You very well could be injured while trying to make your escape, but if a perpetrator is trying to get you to a second location, your chances of making it out alive decrease dramatically.

Try to make yourself seem as a person to the perp. Try to talk to them about your personal life and his. However, if you see that this angers him, try a different tactic.

You pretty much have to be able to try different things in a situation like this to try to stay alive. I know that this will shock people, but it really is a hard fact. You are most likely going to be raped. If a perp has you isolated, and wants to rape you, it could very well happen. But, if you can save your life, that is the ultimate end result. So, we have to ask ourselves if we can survive, having been assaulted. No case will be the same and a rapist who has raped 10 women can finally kill the 11th.

Going back to the OP about urinating on someone to avoid a rape, I think that this might work some of the time, and the rest of the time it would infuriate the rapist into doing something worse to the victim.

Trust your gut and prepare/practice for the event, should it ever happen to you.

I am glad I am not the only one who thought it was strange that this idea upset people. I know a few people who get upset at ideas like this because they think that men should be taught not to rape women instead of teaching women how to possibly fend off rapists. Personally, I think that is ridiculous concept because I am pretty sure men are taught not to rape people but I digress.

One of my mom's closest friends was on a walking trail a handful of years ago when she was attacked. The man pushed her down to the ground, stuck his hands down her pants, then started to stick his hands up her shirt when she blurted out, "I have had breast cancer and had a mastectomy." He immediately got up off of her and ran away. She said she doesn't know why it came out of her mouth (it was true) but it did and it may have saved her life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry
Back