World's oldest woman dies, title moves to US woman

My uncle (mom's brother) was 99 when he died a little over a year ago. He could have probably made it to 100 had he gone on dialysis but he chose not to.

I truly believe in the wisdom attained by simply living. We young'ns (I am 50, lol) think we know it all.

But then our elder (and wiser) relative clears it all up for us.

Hugs on your uncle's death. :therethere::heartbeat:

There's a post in News That Makes You Smile about this title. The AR woman passed away and now a 115 y.o. woman in MI is the oldest.

World's oldest person dies peacefully in Inkster home at 116

Jeralean Talley was born May 23, 1899

Author: Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff, local4@clickondetroit.com

Published On: Jun 18 2015 12:37:24 PM EDT Updated 1 h

INKSTER, Mich. -
A southeast Michigan woman who held the honor of being the oldest person alive since April has passed away in her Inskter home at the age of 116, according to her daughter.

Jeralean Talley's daughter, Thelma Holloway, confirmed her death and said her mother went peacefully...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...es-peacefully-in-inkster-home-at-116/33651602

R.I.P. Jaralean. This surprises me a little because she looked like she was in better shape than the woman who was #2.

There are now only two people left in the world who were born in the 1800s; Susannah Jones of the U.S. and Emma Martinuzzi of Italy. Both were born in late 1899 and are 115.

There are now only two people left in the world who were born in the 1800s

At the beginning of this year there were 6 so this is a door that's rapidly closing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANONstarter
Back