Would you pull a cord

Would you tighten a noose around the neck of your child

• Yes, but only to stay out of jail

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, only if I knew she was already dead.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Are you out of your mind? No way.

Votes: 143 95.3%

• Total voters
So friends of the family wanted to talk to Patsy about the "mega-Jonbenet" thing after Christmas and she just happens to get murdered immediately after Christmas?

Now that's some coincidence....

It's definitely not just you.

Yeah I also believe this "mega-Jonbenet" thing had a LOT more to do with something other than beauty pageants.

Not a bad theory but I assume her head would have had marks or bruising due to being pushed up against the door during the strangulation.

I always thought the paint brush broke off during the assault.
Just for the record... The first quoted text box is mine, but the rest of the non-referenced quote boxes in your post are not.

singularity,

If so, then it happened just next to the wine-cellar door where shards from the paintbrush were found near the wall. Some have speculated the paintbrush was placed against the wall and a foot used to break it in two?

IMO it comes close to last in the wine-cellar staging sequence.

Why break it in two in the first place? Things like this are one of the reasons this case is so complex.

I always thought that missing piece of the paintbrush isn't actually missing. The piece broke off inside of her and was redacted from the autopsy.

Just for the record... The first quoted text box is mine, but the rest of the non-referenced quote boxes in your post are not.

Sorry about that. I usually try to quote properly but it was late and its easier to just quote the first post I'm replying to and then use the standard quote boxes for the rest. I wasn't trying to make it look like all those comments were from the same person.

Why break it in two in the first place? Things like this are one of the reasons this case is so complex.

I always thought that missing piece of the paintbrush isn't actually missing. The piece broke off inside of her and was redacted from the autopsy.

Sorry about that. I usually try to quote properly but it was late and its easier to just quote the first post I'm replying to and then use the standard quote boxes for the rest. I wasn't trying to make it look like all those comments were from the same person.

singularity,
Who knows, probably to make it easier to manipulate the planned ligature/paintbrush device, i.e. the length of the paintbrush makes a twisting motion difficult?

BBM: next to impossible, have you tried snapping a paintbrush in two with your bare hands? Next time you are in a hardware store try it out, its very difficult.

Lets assume the intruder does not need to remove the missing half of the paintbrush, since similar forensics will be on both halves?

So why is one half missing? Most likely because, as part of the staging, it was used in a postmortem assault on JonBenet, and left inside her, alternatively it formed part of the perpetrators postmortem behavior, being left inside JonBenet?

Since Kolar thinks one person did it all, he would probably rule out it being left to form staging, he might suggest the killer used the remaining piece of the paintbrush to enact some kind of postmortem assault?

At this point, nothing has been redacted from the AR. Autopsy reports are "public information" and are required to be released. They can be temporarily suppressed or redacted of certain information during an active investigation, but not permanently.

From C.R.S. 24-72-202:
Autopsy reports are "public records", as defined in this section. Denver Publ'g Co. v. Dreyfus, 184 Colo. 288, 520 P.2d 104 (1974).

When first released, JonBenet's AR was redacted of six items. The judge ordered that those six items also be released 90 days after the order to make it public. An actual copy of the physical report can be found at Smoking Gun.

Not a problem. I knew what happened, but I just didn't want to be attributed with someone else's theories. I only have one theory. Chalk it up to a lack of imagination, if you like :giggle:.

BTW, for anyone who isn't aware, for multiple quotes there is a button at the bottom of posts for that purpose -- makes it real simple. Just click the icon that shows a quotation mark with a + sign on it on each of the posts you wish to quote, and then click on "Reply With Quote" on the last one you want quoted.

BBM: next to impossible, have you tried snapping a paintbrush in two with your bare hands? Next time you are in a hardware store try it out, its very difficult.

A new paintbrush, sure. But this handle wasn't new, was it? I thought it was old.

A new paintbrush, sure. But this handle wasn't new, was it? I thought it was old.

SuperDave,

I'm assuming it was old, fresh from the paint tote? I've tried breaking medium thickness paintbrushes with my bare hands and its difficult since they taper from one end to the other, so are more likely to snap at the thin end.

The very thin paintbrushes can be snapped in two manually but as they become thicker it becomes more taxing, particularly on the fingers.

Most likely successful snapping will be relative to the strength of the person applying the force, so for Mr Universe its no problem, etc.

I've no real preference for how the paintbrush was broken, just that pragmatically placing it against the wall and stepping on it seems the cleanest and quickest way to deliver a paintbrush in two parts?

Oh my dear OTG! ....and I know what happened...especially, now. The older I get - the better I understand what and why happened in that horrible night. And I'm absolutely sure Burke will NOT gonna tell the truth: not in this September and not ever!

These people were not ****s. They were affluent people with a wealth of resources. There is no way they killed their little girl and staged a gruesome crime scene. No way.
John had just lost a daughter in a car accident. It is implausible that he would have covered anything up for Patsy, had she been vile enough to take away another of his daughters.
Some low life got into that house and killed that precious little girl. The details don't make sense because he was probably on every drug in the book and didn't plan it out meticulously. There were literally lists of offenders who could have done this, but no proof. This case will never be solved, but that poor baby deserves to rest in peace.

MOO

These people were not ****s. They were affluent people with a wealth of resources. There is no way they killed their little girl and staged a gruesome crime scene. No way.
John had just lost a daughter in a car accident. It is implausible that he would have covered anything up for Patsy, had she been vile enough to take away another of his daughters.
Some low life got into that house and killed that precious little girl. The details don't make sense because he was probably on every drug in the book and didn't plan it out meticulously. There were literally lists of offenders who could have done this, but no proof. This case will never be solved, but that poor baby deserves to rest in peace.

MOO

This drugged-up intruder just happened to know which staircase Patsy descended down each morning and also happened to have similar handwriting characteristics. While this magical intruder didn't plan everything meticulously he ended up being able to stage a staging -- i.e., made it look not only like the parents had killed their daughter but also that they tried to make it seem as though they didn't! I'm sorry, but this elusive intruder can't be both nonsensical and an elaborate genius.

MOO
You're leaving out the personal nature of the murder. Also leaving out staging that was going on in the basement that morning after this so called "intruder" was long gone. Leaving out other things as well.

Interesting how when this Burke news hit the fan the IDIs resurface.....just in time for the Ramsey spin again. Not a coincidence.

Said drugged out intruder amazingly does not steal anything from the house that could pay for his habit. Especially not Patsy's medication.

Rich people kill, murder, lie, steal & rape just like poor or middle class people. The difference is they can afford the best lawyers
It is implausible that he would have covered anything up for Patsy, had she been vile enough to take away another of his daughters.

Why not? She's his wife? People would do anything to protect the woman they love. Even at the expense of another loved one. Love makes you do crazy things. Even murder your daughter and cover it up for their murderer.

And yet said drug dealer didn't once blab out the details of this murder to other drug addicts and dealers. Because he's composed enough to keep the murder of the century a secret.

Interesting how when this Burke news hit the fan the IDIs resurface.....just in time for the Ramsey spin again. Not a coincidence.

Agreed, we were having insightful conversations before the Burke news :(

SuperDave,

I'm assuming it was old, fresh from the paint tote? I've tried breaking medium thickness paintbrushes with my bare hands and its difficult since they taper from one end to the other, so are more likely to snap at the thin end.

The very thin paintbrushes can be snapped in two manually but as they become thicker it becomes more taxing, particularly on the fingers.

Most likely successful snapping will be relative to the strength of the person applying the force, so for Mr Universe its no problem, etc.

I've no real preference for how the paintbrush was broken, just that pragmatically placing it against the wall and stepping on it seems the cleanest and quickest way to deliver a paintbrush in two parts?

Or on the floor. I never looked at it that way.

Not A Coincidence @singularity
Ya FB I was enjoying the discussion, as well

Why not? She's his wife? People would do anything to protect the woman they love. Even at the expense of another loved one. Love makes you do crazy things. Even murder your daughter and cover it up for their murderer.

Can't deny that! This is assuming PDI, and your points are accurate. I think blackmail could have been involved as well.

This drugged-up intruder just happened to know which staircase Patsy descended down each morning and also happened to have similar handwriting characteristics. While this magical intruder didn't plan everything meticulously he ended up being able to stage a staging -- i.e., made it look not only like the parents had killed their daughter but also that they tried to make it seem as though they didn't! I'm sorry, but this elusive intruder can't be both nonsensical and an elaborate genius.

ABSOLUTELY. It didn't take too much research into this case for me to reach the conclusion that IDI is factually and logically impossible. The theory was necessary to conduct a thorough investigation, which the BPD did (or at least tried to do). I respect the individuals' view points as we are all just speculating, but I also find it frustrating that IDI is still floating around and still distracting some from the truth. I just don't see how it in any way holds water. Heck, IMO I think the desire for the public, certain LE, and BDA to want to believe in IDI is one of the main reasons why this case never stood a chance of resolution from the get go. I think the opening of Kolar's book in which he presents the version of IDI that would account for the evidence highlights how ridiculous IDI really is. I'm sorry to be disrespectful in any way to someone's personal beliefs and opinions...I just don't know how people still believe IDI if they have done any research at all. Hopefully the new docs will help raise public awareness, although I'm sure there will always be hold outs.

Would I pull a cord around my own child's neck to end their suffering knowing that nothing in medical science could save them and that death was imminent? No. If I found my child beaten and strangled by her older brother I would lie and hide the truth for the rest of my life.

Would I pull a cord around my own child's neck to end their suffering knowing that nothing in medical science could save them and that death was imminent? No. If I found my child beaten and strangled by her older brother I would lie and hide the truth for the rest of my life.

And run the risk of him killing someone again? I have a hard time with that part, though I completely understand that parental instinct to protect your child at ANY cost.

Honestly, being a mother, I would not know anything about medical science, I would still call 911. That's just me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev
Back