WV - Kelly Elliot, 29, Wheeling, 25 May 2006

Murder suspect waives hearings

WHEELING, W.Va. -- Eugene Talik Jr., a married man accused of killing his girlfriend to hide their illicit affair, yesterday abandoned any hope of getting out of jail before he stands trial.

He waived his right to a bail hearing and to a second proceeding that would have forced federal prosecutors to reveal some of their evidence.

Less than a minute after his court session began, Mr. Talik ended it by saying he did not want to go through either hearing.

U.S. marshals took him back to jail, where he will await his indictment in the death of 28-year-old Kelly Jo Elliott.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06325/740019-85.stm

he thought he shut her up for good this time. NOT ! ! ! Maybe for 5 months he saved his marriage & life with his kids. Not now he's :behindbar . Anyone who knows KELLY best, knows that you could NEVER stop her from doing what she set out to do. KELLY had no idea what was going to happen to her, at all. But now that he took her & her life from her kids, turn about is fair play. It’s his turn now.

He only said 2 words in court on 11-20-06 and that was yes to waiving his writes to a detention & preliminary hearing, & that he understood. He went back to jail in cuffs & shackles. He also had on a very becoming orange jump suit. That really looked great on him. The best thing of it all now is that KELLY don't have to say a word, but she’s really screaming & shouting now.

The only thing I can say to her now is GIT R DUN GIRL.

Is he going to be tried in federal court? Why only 20 years max sentence? Heck he will be out in no time. He'll end up serving one third of that unless the judge specifys that he has to serve the full 20 years. Did they get him for lst degree murder and if not why not? He planned the whole thing to shut her up. He went to long lengths to get rid of her body...all of the cars and countys before he finally left her somewhere. I guess he thought she wouldn't be found huh?

I'll bet the second guy is the friend that he gave that stuff to from Kelly's sister's house. He must be talking like mad to get some kind of a deal.

I talked to a fed ct person that said he'll serve all the time given to him. They're pushing for the death penalty or life w/out parole. Federal system works different than the state does. I haven't heard what they've charged him with yet, nor what his plea is.
As far as the squeeler they haven't revealed who that person is yet. But like any one who's followed this case, it's almost obvious that it's the guy who stole the stuff. He's been in jail ever since. He's the one who was going to kill KELLY with a gun as a botched robery. But it failed.

Federal Grand Jury May Consider Talik Case

By MICHELLE BLUM

WHEELING — A federal grand jury could consider a case today that could lead to a death sentence for the man accused of murdering Kelly Jo Elliott.

A spokesman for U.S. Attorney Sharon Potter could not confirm whether the grand jury would consider
Eugene Talik’s case when it meets today in Wheeling

However, she said an indictment by a grand jury would be “the next natural step” in a criminal case.

Talik, 38, of
Sewickly, Pa., was arrested Nov. 14 in Allegheny County, Pa., , just hours after remains believed to be those of Elliott were found in a shallow grave in a wooded area in Clearfield County, Pa.

Elliott had been missing since May 25.

Federal prosecutors believe
Elliott
was assaulted by an unidentified individual and then murdered by Talik in the parking lot of a Dallas Pike business.

Talik, who is in the Northern Regional Jail without bond, is charged with traveling across state lines with the intention to murder
Elliott
and actually doing so. That charge carries a potential life in prison sentence if Talik is convicted.

In a petition seeking Talik’s detention, which was filed on Nov. 14, Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert H. McWilliams suggested the
Pennsylvania man could be facing a murder-for-hire charge, which carries the possibility of a death sentence. That determination would be made by the U.S. Attorney General.

Section: News Posted: 12/5/2006

I hope he does end up getting the death penalty. He deserves it.

I don't mean to say anything bad about Kelly but I wish women would stay away from married men. It just leads to so many problems. The guy makes all of these promises that he has no intention of keeping yet the woman believes every word that he says. If the woman threatens to go to the wife and tell her everything she may lose her life because the husband sure doesn't want to lose his wife and family. There are plenty of single men out there to date without getting hooked up with the married ones. I've always felt that us women shouldn't do anything that we wouldn't want done to us.

Regardless, this creep had no right to take Kelly's life to save his own butt. Now his wife knows all about the affair anyway and he is going to prison never to see the light of day. His children will grow up without their dad..not that he is probably any big loss as a father...but still this creep has hurt a lot of people through his horrible actions. Now he gets to pay the price.

Bobbisangel I totally agree with you. He had no right to kill her however ladies PLEASE understand when you are having an affair with a married man he obviously is a slime bag who is willing to do anything..

:HappyBday KELLY 12-22-06

It's KELLY'S B-Day today. She would've been 29. KELLY is soooo missed by all of us here at home. She'll be 28 forever. Never to get any older. We'll never see her again. But we'll always have her in our hearts & memories.

SOOO LOVED & MISSED BY US ALL.

I will never understand why Talik's friend agreed to be involved in Kelly's murder? He had no stake in anything to do with the affair so why did the idoit become involved? If one of my friends asked me to help them murder someone I would be horrified and would tell them to take a flying leap plus I would go to the person that they were talking about murdering and tell her/him what the person planned. I would try to save a life instead of involving myself in taking one. I don't think I've ever had a friend that would have gone to that length for me either. There are some things that I will never understand and this is one of them.

I wonder if the guy who talked started feeling guilty or bad or if he thought he was going to get busted at any moment and got tired of looking over his shoulder? It's a fool that will go that distance for a friend....what a friend to ask something like that of you. Now they can both sit in jail for years and years and worse then that...wait for their real trial and judgment at the end of their lives. Their nightmare has just begun.

talik pleaded not guilty today in court. I personally don't beleive he'll get off. I think he'll get the death penalty. We'll find out on 1-29 wether the fed. gov. will get a death penalty trial.

Bobbisangel said:
I will never understand why Talik's friend agreed to be involved in Kelly's murder? He had no stake in anything to do with the affair so why did the idoit become involved? If one of my friends asked me to help them murder someone I would be horrified and would tell them to take a flying leap plus I would go to the person that they were talking about murdering and tell her/him what the person planned. I would try to save a life instead of involving myself in taking one. I don't think I've ever had a friend that would have gone to that length for me either. There are some things that I will never understand and this is one of them.

I wonder if the guy who talked started feeling guilty or bad or if he thought he was going to get busted at any moment and got tired of looking over his shoulder? It's a fool that will go that distance for a friend....what a friend to ask something like that of you. Now they can both sit in jail for years and years and worse then that...wait for their real trial and judgment at the end of their lives. Their nightmare has just begun.
talik's friend had really no choice, he owed him to much & he was promised coke in return for his help. Drugs are a very powerful tool for people like that. They don't know how much of a low life they are.

You are so right about drugs. They become the love of a addicts life and always come first. It makes sense if the guy was promised drugs for helping. I hope that he talked out of remorse and not to get a deal though. I know that Talik is the main one that they wanted and would probably deal with the other guy involved so that he would turn on Talik. Whatever it took to get him. I would just like to ask him if it was worth it. He lost his family anyway and now he gets to go to prison for the rest of his life...no big loss for sure but he didn't gain anything...he lost everything...hopfulling including his life.

Second Man Charged In Connection With Local Mother's Slaying
POSTED: 3:11 pm EST January 24, 2007

UPDATED: 5:50 pm EST January 24, 2007

A second man has been charged in connection with the killing of an Ohio County mother.

John Deutsch, of Freedom, Pa., is charged with one felony count of accessory to murder after the fact.

Kelly Jo Elliott, the mother of two, went missing over the summer and her remains were later found in Elk County, Pa.

Her boyfriend, Gene Talik, of Sewickley, was previously charged in connection with the killing. Federal prosecutors said they believe Talik was the one who actually killed Elliot by strangling her then burning her body.

According to court documents, investigators believe Deutsch was originally hired by Talik to kill Elliot. His testimony is expected to be key in convicting Talik.

Until now, prosecutors had shielded Deutsch's identity, but his name was connected to the case early on. In August, Elliot's sister's home was broken into and items stolen from the home were found in a suitcase in Deutsch's possession.

Investigators believe the original plan was that Deutsch kill Elliot at that home. Instead, Elliot did not show up there and police said she was killed at a truck stop in Dallas Pike.

:laugh: If found guilty, Deutsch could get 15 years in prison.

Stay with NEWS9 for continuing coverage.

-Renee Cardelli & John Paul, NEWS9

POSTED: 11:50 am EST February 1, 2007

UPDATED: 2:46 pm EST February 1, 2007

One of two men charged in connection with the killing of an Ohio County mother has pleaded guilty.

John Deutsch, 30, of Freedom, Pa., pleaded guilty to one felony count of accessory to murder after the fact.

Kelly Jo Elliott, the mother of two, went missing over the summer and her remains were later found in Elk County, Pa.

Her boyfriend, Gene Talik, of Sewickley, is also charged in connection with the killing.

Federal prosecutors said they believe Talik was the one who actually killed Elliott by strangling her then burning her body.

According to court documents, investigators believe Deutsch was originally hired by Talik to kill Elliott. His testimony is expected to be key in convicting Talik.

Investigators believe the original plan was that Deutsch kill Elliott at that home. Instead, Elliott did not show up there and police said she was killed at a truck stop in Dallas Pike.

Deutsch could get 15 years in prison.

Stay with NEWS9 and WTOV9.com for continuing coverage.

-Renee Cardelli, NEWS9

Well good...one down and one to go. I'm glad that he pled guilty as one trial is enough for any family to have to sit through. If Kelly had shown up at her sister's place I wonder if John would have followed through on the murder. I wonder what Talik was planning to pay him. I can't believe anyone would even think of killing another person for money. John should get more than 15 years. That means he will be out in 10 years or less. Not enough for someone who planned to do a murder for hire. I don't know why he wasn't charged with a murder for hire charge too. He probably would have done it if Kelly had shown up...he helped Talik which says a lot about him.

Do you know when Talik is supposed to go to trial? I hope they give him LWOP. That is what he deserves.

The trial for talik isn't supposed to start til Jan-2008. Not sure why. I heard his lawyer needs time. But at least he'll be in Jail till then. The accomplice is out 4 now. Don't understand that either. Let's just hope he stays alive so he can testify against talik in Jan-2008, and finally put him away in any way possible; forever.
The original plan was to do it at her sisters house. But things changed in the process. talik was going to pay him in drugs, so it was said.
Federal sentencing is different than state. Which means if he is sentenced to 15 yrs, he will serve the whole term.
talik is going up 4 the death penalty.:dance:
GOTTA GO 4 NOW.

Can't understand why it would take his attorney so long to prepare a defense. Maybe he doesn't have much to work with! Yes, at least he will be in jail the whole time. He probably isn't in any hurry to get to the "big house."

Who is raising Kelly Jo's kids? I hope it is someone that will give them a lot of love. Poor little things.

On friday 06-22-07 kelly was finally buried. I don't know why it took so long to bring her home, but she's finally home physically. Now we can go to see her at her final resting place.

On friday 06-22-07 kelly was finally buried. I don't know why it took so long to bring her home, but she's finally home physically. Now we can go to see her at her final resting place.

I also wonder why it took so long. That had to have been so hard for the family to just be in limbo...waiting. I'm glad it finally happened though for the sake of all of you.

Has there been a trial yet? I can't remember. If so, what happened? Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

I also wonder why it took so long. That had to have been so hard for the family to just be in limbo...waiting. I'm glad it finally happened though for the sake of all of you.

Has there been a trial yet? I can't remember. If so, what happened? Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

The trial begins on 01-15-08 I'll be going to as many as I can. I'll keep you up on all the court news. We all hope he gets the death penalty. If any more news happens I'll be back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK
Back