WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #2

Given the way the body was found this case is taking too long. There had to be tons of forensics....could be a neophyte prosecutor who is afraid to take a chance? I don't know but Leah deserves better than this.

ITA - this murder should have been solved long ago and the perp behind bars. WTH goes on in Huntington?

YES I totally agree . You cant tell me that the way she was stuffed and with all the plastick around her that there was no finger prints not to mention this was apparentlly a what crawl space now i know i have had to go under my great gramma's house to shut off a water valve one time and i was sweating alot this perp must have left some form of dna behind.

It's been nearly a year since Leah was murdered and DNA takes 6 months so where is the darn DNA? Did they get it back and just aren't saying anything? Maybe the DNA didn't match the person that they thought was the killer? I wish they would say something!!!!!

Bobbisangel...Where did u get that from that it takes DNA 6 months to come back. Im not saying your wrong I just think that may be the case in a lower priority case. But from watching NG and Greta they get DNA back an a matter of weeks look at the casey anthony case they confirmed from the DNA that it was little caylee in a matter of 2 3 weeks ..

To answer for Bobbisangel (hello, my friend), they can get prelim results back that quickly..but definitive results do take that long..especially to be admitted as evidence....someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure that is how it works =)

I still say if I were here family I would hire a private investigator, I would try to get national attention, I would hire a lawyer, I would do anything I could do to get answers. I think the police know who did it, so why do they not make an arrest? Is the guilty party related to a cop or politician? There has GOT to be a reason they're not making an arrest! If we had investigative reporters worth their weight in West Virginia, they would press for answers!!! I'm absolutely disgusted there is a KILLER on the loose in Huntington, WV, and the police don't care! There is another unsolved case in Huntington, WV. FOUR young people were shot to death on prom night, and that case is still YET to be SOLVED!

The police mentioned several months ago that there was a person of interest in the Leah Hickman case. I'm with you. I can't understand why there hasn't been an arrest. This story used to be on the front page of the WSAZ website, but I can't find it anywhere on their website anymore. Maybe they're hoping the public will just forget about it.

Leah's killer was probably someone who was known to her. The tragic murder of the 4 teenagers was drug-related. Both cases need to be solved.

I am in AWE that this case has not been solved! Totally ridiculous. That poor girl isn't getting the justice she deserves. Do I want the case to be air tight? YES. But seriously, this is beyond the point of having patience! Someone must have dropped the ball somewhere. Poor Leah.

"Both the quadruple homicide and the murder of Leah Hickman remain unsolved."

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/local/090515-rutherford-locallawenforcementmemorial.html

"Mayor Kim Wolfe, not speaking for his chief of police, answered “absolutely” when queried about whether the quadruple homicide and the killing of Leah Hickman remain under investigation. “Absolutely,” Wolfe said, “those cases are still under investigation."

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/local/090517-rutherford-localweedandseed.html

I thought the tests in AZ were supposed to take up to 9 months, which were up last August. I hope there are no news because they are still doing the tests, and not because they didn't get the resulsts they needed.

From today's Herald-Dispatch (May 23, 2009)

DNA doesn't solve Hickman case

g0da2588fcab1edbdf6c6e1bf2f0c23441887b743921c4c.jpg

(Leah Hickman with her father Ron)

Annie Le's case has had me thinking about Leah. I just can't believe there hasn't been an arrest in this case yet.....

I was thinking about Leah today so just bumping her thread up.

I was watching the "Food Revolution" last night, which takes place in Huntington, WV. Got me to thinking about Leah and wondering why they haven't made an arrest yet. Sheesh.

We haven't forgotten about you, Leah!

I'm just checking in to see if there is any news since this is the three year anniversary. Consequently, I will resurrect some facts, opinions and possible evidence to perhaps try and get the wheels turning again.

Item # 1: The apt was being renovated; hence the bags used to place/hide her body.

http://crime.about.com/b/2007/12/22/missing-marshal-students-body-found-in-basement.htm

Item #2 : Leah apt. was on the second floor; however I find it strange that in December a window of an apt. would be left wide open. Possible yes, irresponsible students yes, renovators yes. It's questionable. Check the link for the pic.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/multimedia/galleries/news/x607056243
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/multimedia/galleries/news/x607056564
still open

This window accesses the second floor balcony. Wonder what access it gives to the 2nd floor apts? Common hallway, stairwell etc.

Item #3: In the same pic...whose red GM model pickup is this? Why is it backed in and mind you backed into the grass? There is a small pad nearest the alley so why park in the grass and why bother to back in. Perhaps to block view of this window in the basement which is where the laundry and crawlspace are located.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/multimedia/galleries/news/x607056662

In my opinion this vehicle is related to this case more than we know. Further, I believe that if you identify this vehicle you will also find the killer. Yes, I have forwarded this info back in 2007 to HPD with of course no response and I doubt any follow up.

Item# 4: http://www.herald-dispatch.com/multimedia/galleries/news/x607056564

The light remains on in her apt.; now look where the cable box is on the buidling (the grey box between the 5th and sixth window from the fron offset) It is directly below Leahs apt. now notice where the truck is parked. Right below her window; Again why?

Now the motive:

Unfortunately, very little evidence either exists in this case and or is being released. What we do know is that a at least one suspect does exist. So the question comes to why.

The body was found in the residence, therefore it was desired by the killer that it be found or they paniced and stuffed her in the crawlspace either to return and discard the remains or leave it for discovery. My opinion is that the killer paniced used the contractors bags to hide the body and return to remove the evidence at a later date. Why take the trouble to cover a body in plastic if you want it to be found? They got scared after an argument lead to murder and wanted to cover their tracks.

From a forensic standpoint evidence showed she went to McDonalds at 5:40pm and given the possiblity she consumed that meal and since all digestion processes cease at death, investigators should be able to very closley determine the time of death and possibly elimisting suspects and or alibis.

Also we know that leah was strangled. This is a very personal attribute to a killer. A very hands on approach that is almost intimate for both parties. I dont mean froma sexual standpoint, but from a this is a very personal vendetta rage type of thing. If she was strangled manually than it becomes even more personal with the killer using his hands and seeing his victim slip away, again rage. From a victims point of view, they know their killer and are looking him in the eyes, very personal. Yep sickening, scary stuff, but tis the truth. I only make mention of all this to possibly contibute to her closure and of course justice.

She was not sexually assaulted so that speaks for itself. The killer wasnt out for rape or to satify themselves sexually. So, that leaves this: again it was personal, perhaps over an argument of some sort, OR it was a woman who did the deed.

Leahs keys, purse, personal belongings were found inside the apt. so that leaves out robbery or at least single type personal robbery. Assuming that her car was outside, hence the keys was not stolen so that rules that out, however it provides an indicator to the killer that she was home. Since the keys were upstairs in t apt. we can probably assume that the laundry are wasnt locked; was this common or unusual? The door to the alley appears to have a lockset or deadbolt on the door. It must have been unlocked unless the killer had a key to either that door or her apt.

It also appears in the pics that their are at least two basement (grade level) windows. The killer may have watched her through one of these windows and then made his move. My guess would be the one in the alley behind the garbage cans; dark and concealed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back