WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #2

I remember and care. I really never imagined Leah's murder will still be unsolved all these years later.

I remember and care. I really never imagined Leah's murder will still be unsolved all these years later.

Thank you. This is the truth. I think about her almost everyday. It's shocking that there hasn't been a mention of her in over a year in the media. How can HPD not say anything for this long? I do not understand. Someone, do something! :(

I think about Leah Hickman a lot. I never met her, but the fact that law enforcement has never been to bring someone to justice for this murder is unthinkable!! Of course, the police know exactly who did it, but they just don't have enough evidence to bring him/her to trial. They don't want to lose the trial, b/c if they do, they will never be able to bring them to trial ever again. I wish there was a way to strong-arm him/her into a confession. It's hard to believe after 6 years the murderer hasn't breathed a word of his/her guilt to anyone.

Last night someone painted on the apartment building where she was murdered "Who Killed Leah Hickman?" So it looks like I'm not the only one who is frustrated with the fact that the murderer has not been brought to justice!!

I think about Leah often and I hope someday her case is solved but I have about given up hope that it ever will be. :(

AWESOME that somebody did this! Leah you are ALWAYS on my mind and what's done in the darkness will come to light!

LE in WV is lacking in a huge way. I have often thought that places like WV are prime real estate for murderers. Unless you confess or drop your driver's license at the scene of the crime, you're not going to get caught. There is no real detective work that goes on here. Whoever killed Leah is still on the loose and could be killing or could kill again.

Sadly, when I think of WV LE, I think of Andy and Barney...

I was hoping that there was a development, I remember following this case as a guest. So sad that someone has not been held accountable yet.:facepalm:

I just heard of Leah's case here on WS and it really hit home for me. Leah and I were born 6 months apart and I remember so clearly what it felt like to be 21 and having soooo much life ahead of me. I can't even begin to imagine what her family has gone through. I pray that there is some developments and hopefully an arrest in the case in the very near future. 6-1/2 years is too long to go without knowing who did this.

Hoping we can bring this case back to life .It was pretty high profile for a month or so but nothing since then maybe we can bring this case back in the spot light...

I just happened to recall this case today and wondered where things stood. Unfortunately, it looks like it's been brushed aside and nearly forgotten. It sure seems unlikely it was a stranger to the building, which narrows things quite a bit. People on other forums are quick to accuse a relative or the relative's ex. One poster claimed to be working on renovating the building and said plastic and nitrile gloves are still in the crawl space (as of about a year ago). It all just seems so botched.

Leah always crosses my mind as we come into December. Still seems like no new news or leads. Will she ever get justice?

Poor Leah. She deserves better. Come on Huntington PD. You've got to do better!!!

I've lost hope that Leah will ever get justice. I wish someone would make some waves to get her back in the news.

I think of Leah each Dec. and wonder if this case is ever coming to back to forefront. Here we are now, 7 years later, and HPD (Huntington Police Dept) can’t get their act together.

I started attending Marshall University less than a year after Leah's death. I attended school, worked, and lived in Huntington for years but never heard a mention of her or the case to find her killer.
That's somewhat disturbing but not surprising. It sounds like the HPD may have been over their heads in terms of investigating a missing person case. They should have asked the State Police to take over right away. If the body had been found more quickly, there's a very good chance that they would have more forensic evidence. The police think they know who killed Leah (most people think it was her sister Jessica Vickers' ex-boyfriend, who blamed Leah for the fact that Jessica ended the relationship). The State prosecutors must not think they have enough evidence to secure a conviction. Unfortunately, many prosecutors care more about their conviction rates than they do about justice, so they won't bring a case to trial unless it's a slam dunk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes
Back