WV WV - Mared Malerik & Karen Ferrell, both 19, Morgantown, 18 Jan 1970

Wow! I just did a google map search of camp run park road/stewartstown road and this area is pretty much adjacent to the old school house, which is now a personal care home, on school house hill. We lived about a block from the old school house. How ironic that my mother's instincts back in 1973 may have been absolutely right. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Poi...1d574ae450cbcb!2m2!1d-79.8999338!2d39.7341494

Just wanted to let you all know that we now have Episode 7 of "Mared and Karen: The WVU Coed Murders" available for you. You can find it here: https://soundcloud.com/maredandkaren. All free, of course. Episode 7: Not Letting Go dropped less than 24 hours ago and has had 2700 listens so far. Be sure to leave us a hello if you stop by! Thanks.

And on a side note: angelfire78, please check your messages!

Thanks, Vandalia. Looks like 2 or 3 miles as the crow flies, but I think that further northwest, that's the road that is seriously deteriorated. Tried to drive it, almost got stuck, but it would take an ATV or maybe a Jeep now. To get from 321 Weirton Mine Road to where the bodies were left now would involve a 4 or 5 mile end-around.

Thanks. The presence of the lakes made me think that it was close to the location. So would the site for the discovery of their bodies be closer to Trickett Hill Road?

Here's the reason I am asking. I went to WVU and my wife lived at Westchester her freshman year (told me the scary stories of walking back to dorm). Westchester opened the first year I was at WVU and we use to walk some girls from my hometown back to the dorm at night because they were scared (don't blame them). Anyway, it sounds from what I read that both girls got into the car without much concern--which leads me to believe that they knew or were familiar with the guy. Also, the two friends who saw them said they didn't acknowledge them when the car drove by--which means he engaged them in conversation. A lady I dated (will remain unnamed so as not to embarrass her or family, was from Morgantown, went to WVU. I found out she was getting paid to have sex with a guy that worked in the men's clothing store on High Street. So, this guy was preying on coeds. Curiosity after reading all the data on this site, does anyone else know anything about this guy? Or friends involved with him. Sometimes the answers are now where we expect them to be.

Adman, I am following along, though I don't have anything to say. All I can do is urge you to check back in and see if anyone who is familiar with the case and the local circumstances replies. Thanks for posting.

Adman, I am following along, though I don't have anything to say. All I can do is urge you to check back in and see if anyone who is familiar with the case and the local circumstances replies. Thanks for posting.
Thanks, but seems that no one has anymore information to post, or they may no longer be interested. I am really curious if anyone else has info on this sales guy at the men's store. He was definitely preying on coeds.

Thanks, but seems that no one has anymore information to post, or they may no longer be interested. I am really curious if anyone else has info on this sales guy at the men's store. He was definitely preying on coeds.

Not at this time. I wonder if Sol is still alive? Use to see him at the store and out at Ruby's and Ketchy's for breakfast on weekends. As an aside, I don't believe Clawson did it. Or, that these two young ladies together could not have over powered him if he were alone.

Sol is the name I remember now that you mention it. He worked at Daniels, right. Agree with you on Clawson unless he could have drugged them, but back then they didn't have date rape drugs.

Karen Lynn Ferrell
Birth
4 Apr 1951
Death 18 Jan 1970 (aged 18)
Monongalia County, West Virginia, USA
Burial
Wallace Memorial Cemetery
Crawley, Greenbrier County, West Virginia, USA

--------------------------------------------

Mared Ellen Malarik
Birth
Kinnelon, Morris County, New Jersey, USA
Death 18 Jan 1970 (aged 19–20)
Monongalia County, West Virginia, USA
Burial Unknown

This January will mark the 50 year anniversary of the murder of these two girls.

Eugene Paul Clawson (on left in photo below) confessed to killing both girls and was convicted on the basis of his confession.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back