WV - Sodder Family - 5 children, Christmas eve 1945 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me what good the photo is going to do this many years later? It's still not going to answer our questions. The only thing we can do is say yeah that sure does look like her LOL I highly doubt there will be any information concerning the little girl and if there is what will it say this is Nancy or Jane so and so. It's not going to say this is Betty Sodder. I hate to waste this woman's time.

Please tell me what good the photo is going to do this many years later? It's still not going to answer our questions. The only thing we can do is say yeah that sure does look like her LOL I highly doubt there will be any information concerning the little girl and if there is what will it say this is Nancy or Jane so and so. It's not going to say this is Betty Sodder. I hate to waste this woman's time.
Hey there Sunshine, nice that you could join us.

Why so negative? Perhaps the class/school might be identified and classmates or school administrations contacted to see what information might be gleaned? At least it's SOMETHING to work with, since there is so very little information available. There actually are many doors that may be opened by this. How else do you think investigations are done anyway? Baby steps.

You know, I can't never did anything, I'll try did it all.

I'm just sayin'.................

I want to get an expert to look at it. Experts can tell whether or not this is the real Betty Sodder or a lookalike. If it is, as I suspect, a lookalike and nothing more, we are back to square one. If I am wrong than we KNOW that at least one of the children was abducted. And we may be able to find one of them. If we can find her through school records, what her name was changed too, etc, she may have some good info on what happened to the other children. If not, at least we found one of them. Good start. And if not, if she is just some other child who happened to look like Betty, than we know this photo has NOTHING to do with this case. Which DOES help us.

I think the negativity is simply there because other people have tried to get the library of congress to find this photo and they refused. I have finally gotten someone to listen and agree to look at this photo. Look guys, it doesn't matter where the photo comes from, it just matters that we get it. Can some of you write to experts and find out if they'd be willing to check this photo to Betty's? I think it's a pretty safe bet the library of of congress will find this photo and send a copy via my email.

I think any avenue pursued is good. If this really could turn out to be Betty then that would be a definate lead to the children still being alive. Sometime things seem impossible, but one little thing like this could eventually lead to find this person, Betty or not. One way or the other, if it is proven it is not Betty then we know for sure, once and for all, that this was really just a dead end from the beginning. I have always been curious about that photo-I want to see it. Catsy, do you have a classmates gold account? Maybe someone has registered from the 40's who went to school with this girl and could identify her.

Keep up the good work. I was in DC a short time last summer and wanted so badly to go to the Library of Congress, but I was on business and didn't have the time.

ITA w/the last 3-4 posts...FWIW. Every/any avenue followed could lead to more answers and maybe a resolution.

Kudo's to those that are ACTIVELY working this case. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona