WV WV - Wayne Umble, 36, legally blind, w/o insulin, suicidal, Lewis Co, 18 Aug 2021

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2021-8-20_17-57-25.jpeg
According to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Department, 36-year-old Wayne Nathaniel Umble left his home, on foot, between the hours of 3:00am and 6:30am, on the morning of August 18, 2021. He left messages indicating that he may harm himself. Umble’s lip is pierced and he has a tattoo of a dragon on his right calf and the name “Jada Rayne” with footprints on his left forearm. He is described as a white male with brown hair, hazel eyes, 6′0″ in height and around 160lbs. Umble is legally blind and struggles with health problems caused by diabetes. He is without his insulin and may require medical attention. Police say Umble’s last cell phone location was pinged around the 2200 block of Broad Run Road in Jane Lew, WV.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Wayne Nathaniel Umble, please contact the Lewis County Sheriff’s Department on 304-269-8251.
Legally blind man missing in Lewis County

“I just want to find my son” Umble’s mother, Michelle Lantz said. “He’s got a girlfriend, he’s got a baby on the way, he’s got three other children and they all love him, and they need him,” she said.

He’s done this before, left, but he always came back, and it’s always the same day,” Lantz said. “So, I don’t know if something has happened. Maybe he did take too much insulin or maybe it was in his mind that he was going to go out and harm himself.”

Umble was last seen in a black shirt heading into the woods near the Jane Lew Apartments complex. His family said he had a love for nature, so no one thought anything of it until he didn’t return. Katie Cox, Umble’s fiancé, said she has been told that he was seen off Route 50 and near Sun Valley, but nothing has been confirmed by deputies.

“I couldn’t get a hold of him, I called him, I was at work, I texted, I got a hold of Katie, everybody went out and looked for him, but we didn’t know where else to look because he usually goes down in the woods,” Lantz

“He ditched his cell phone,” Umble’s sister, Chelsey Umble said.

It’s been pinging, but it’s been pinging in the same place for days,” Lantz said.

“Please, he’s not in his right frame of mind. He just needs to come home. Just call 911, someone will come get him,” Lantz said.
Blind missing man’s family speaks out after his disappearance

Lewis County (West Virginia) Sheriff's Office still searching for missing man

The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s assistance with locating a county man who may be in danger.

Wayne Nathaniel Umble left messages indicating that he may harm himself.

Umble is legally blind.

He also struggles with health problems caused by diabetes. He is without his insulin and may require medical attention.

He left his residence, on foot, between 3 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Umble’s cell phone was last pinged around the 2200 block of Broad Run Road in Jane Lew, WV.

Lewis County (West Virginia) Sheriff's Office still searching for missing man

The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s assistance with locating a county man who may be in danger.

Wayne Nathaniel Umble left messages indicating that he may harm himself.

Umble is legally blind.

He also struggles with health problems caused by diabetes. He is without his insulin and may require medical attention.

He left his residence, on foot, between 3 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Umble’s cell phone was last pinged around the 2200 block of Broad Run Road in Jane Lew, WV.
So so sad I hope he has changed his mind and they find him safe.

Couldnt find anything!
Some of the original links are gone but can't find any mention of him being found or still missing.
No Namus as far as I can tell and can't see him on any missing lists.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghostrider2000
Back