Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I just quit my job to travel across the country, and I’m trying to start a blog, a travel blog, so I’ve been building my website,” Petito said, visibly distressed, in the recording that was released by Utah police on September 16. “I’ve been really stressed, and he doesn’t really believe that I can do any of it.”*
Bodycam footage shows chaotic inside of Gabby Petito’s van

*The above statement gives us more insight into this case than any other statement. imo

Laundrie pulls out his phone minutes after telling cops 'I don't really, I don't have a phone'Credit: Moab City Police Department

Shock moment Gabby Petito's fiancé is caught on camera lying to cops

From a previous post:
"AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)"

So, in the middle of a 4 month trip he *had* to jet back to FL to juggle things in a storage unit around? I assume those have been searched, or will be, but how odd is that. Giving them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they anticipated this, that's a lot of money to spend on plane fare when perhaps arrangements could have been made prior to their trip to get the unit settled. Wonder what he brought back with him after that trip.

yes they could have and should have. But I can see a scenario where mom gets the text, asks BL about it and he says either I killed her and ran, or she killed herself and I panicked. Mom now is in a panic for her son and calls an attorney, the only one they know, a real estate attorney in NY, to ask for advice and the Attorney says "she's dead, nothing you can do now will help her so just don't say anything for now to keep him from perjuring himself. "

Its the idea that they used a real estate attorney from New York instead of a hot shot defense attorney that makes me wonder if the attorney was a last minute improvisation and not something they knew they were going to need.
The lawyer is not strictly real estate. I suspect he’s been their family attorney for quite awhile. That is what is he most known for locally… being a family / personal attorney.

But if they believed whatever story he told them (except that he murdered her) why
Isee that my long response was aborted when the thread closed.....never mind, not gonna repeat it

So, there's something I really don't understand...

BL drives the Mustang to the swamp parking lot. He leaves it there and takes off. After it's been there a few days, a ticket is stuck on the windshield that says the car has to be removed. His parents come and pick up the car.

Question: How did his parents know there was a ticket on the windshield? Were they maybe checking it every day?

Note also: BL might have been using the Mustang to keep his food supplies. He'd be able to camp out and get into the car once in a while to re-stock.

Definitely a grave site under that tent. Thank you for posting.

If the tent site is the gravesite, then those <modsnip>LE <modsnip> were walking all over that location to put the tent up. Any crime scene would have been completely ruined. And I can't imagine someone casually stepping on the remains of a body that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the deer cam pic is BL. The sideburns and forehead structure, and his weight/build are all just a bit off. But also, the trail cam guy is carrying his backpack by one loop on one shoulder. If you look at the bodycam footage, BL is definitely a "double looper" and wears his backpack on both shoulders unless he's digging for something in it.

What surprises me, though, is why aren't we seeing guys from these potential pics (the trail cam and the headphones guy on the street) coming forward saying "nah, that was just me, I'm so and so and was doing XYZ"

It would appear that the trail cam guy was on private property, and wouldn't want to out himself for trespassing. It could also be a homeless person who was just passing through and doesn't have any access to the news to where he'd know what was going on. There are lots of people out there who do not follow cases the way we do here, and there are a surprisingly large amount of people who don't watch the news, especially since the pandemic.

Gabby Petito Family Attorney Releases 40-Word Statement, With Wyoming Autopsy Results Pending

An attorney for Gabby Petito's family released a brief statement to the media Tuesday as the young woman's family awaits expected grim results from an autopsy conducted Tuesday on a body found in a Wyoming park over the weekend.

"I want to personally thank the press and news media for giving the Petito and Schmidt family time to grieve," lawyer Richard Stafford said, referring to Petito's mom, dad, stepfather and stepmother. "We will be making a statement when Gabby is home. I will contact you to arrange a time and location."

I don’t know how I feel about that statement.. possibility it’s NOT her???

“I just quit my job to travel across the country, and I’m trying to start a blog, a travel blog, so I’ve been building my website,” Petito said, visibly distressed, in the recording that was released by Utah police on September 16. “I’ve been really stressed, and he doesn’t really believe that I can do any of it.”*
Bodycam footage shows chaotic inside of Gabby Petito’s van

*The above statement gives us more insight into this case than any other statement. imo

That's one of the things that stood out to me, then toss in how upset she was when they stopped the van.

As information, but possibly meaningless at this point... On this overlay, there seems to have been two, or possibly three, areas that I'm guessing attracted attention for the sheriff... since the heli slowed to a near hover and descended considerably. Maybe someone familiar with the area may know what those specific areas are like(?).

Attachments

• N911VS points of interest.JPG
    N911VS points of interest.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 94
I'm curious and don't have a clear answer. Will Brian's parents be held accountable is they've withheld information from investigators. I ask because I don't remember Casey Anthony's parents ever being held accountable for covering for Casey.
If the tent site is the gravesite, then those are the most heartless and ignorant LE I have ever seen because they were walking all over that location to put the tent up. Any crime scene would have been completely ruined. And I can't imagine someone casually stepping on the remains of a body that way.
It was explained that the tent covered evidence related to Gabby but that her body was over by some trees nearby.

I got fooled by the original video and the police report- thinking they were equally to blame and no other red flags. I am now looking at that interaction completely differently. Hindsight is where all the learning occurs sometimes.

Same. I take things at face value and leave room for exploration. There was information missing that would have helped frame that video, given context. The withholding of the 911 call, but release of the video without it, leaves me feeling rather duped.

MOO.

I got fooled by the original video and the police report- thinking they were equally to blame and no other red flags. I am now looking at that interactions completely differently. Hindsight is where all the learning occurs sometimes.

Oh, I do believe she was physically abusing him too. I said from the start about the bloody marks on his face in the bodycam. What I'm referring to is B's behavior in the past toward G as reported by G's bff, things like that. But yeah, bottom line for me is she's dead, he's on the run. That says a lot. But when I first watched it? I thought he was a likeable guy, except for some red flags. I see things now in hindsight, & I feel more for the LE who didn't catch signs even as trained professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenjen72