Found Safe WY - Jordan Rae Lampus, 22 from Erie PA, van found on I-80, Laramie County, 21 Feb 2020

I'm so nervous for her. Portions of 80 have been closed so much lately because of weather and wind....because of that, there are just "parking lots" all around, full of people (mostly trucks) waiting for the road to open again. I hope she didn't get mixed up with someone who was there and saw an opportunity....MOO (And I don't know if the road was closed at that particular time/place--but honestly, it feels like it's almost never open these days! For example, part of it's closed as I type this).

JORDAN LAMPUS: Missing Erie woman's car found in Wyoming 'under suspicious circumstances'

New article with a couple new tidbits of info.

Lots of people love Jordan and want her home. Hoping she finds her way there.
The fact that she dropped out of college and quit working without telling anyone, as well as eviction for likely not paying rent is troubling in that the behavior occurred, according to her Mom, around the time of a bad head injury. Possible Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)? TBI can affect executive control of attention and cognition (so-called cold executive processes) and the pathways (orbito-frontal/ventro-medial) that underpin neurological skills that drive much of our behavior in daily life. These are critical for integrating and evaluating environmental events in terms of cognitive, emotional and social significance. Behaviors after TBI can significantly change in a person. More info on behavior changes after TBI in this article.
Interventions For Behavioral Problems After Brain Injury | BrainLine

I'm so nervous for her. Portions of 80 have been closed so much lately because of weather and wind....because of that, there are just "parking lots" all around, full of people (mostly trucks) waiting for the road to open again. I hope she didn't get mixed up with someone who was there and saw an opportunity....MOO (And I don't know if the road was closed at that particular time/place--but honestly, it feels like it's almost never open these days! For example, part of it's closed as I type this).

The interstates in Cheyenne were all open the day her vehicle was found, but we've had snow and freezing conditions all week. Her vehicle was found a little before 10 am a few miles from town. I can't find anything that indicates what direction the vehicle was traveling, which may indicate if she made it into Cheyenne or stopped before getting into town. Her vehicle was outside of town and in an area that looks very rural. If it was her in the van, she may not have realized that she wasn't far from getting help and potentially walked the opposite direction.

Last edited:
Police are asking residents of Wyoming, Colorado & Nebraska to be on the lookout for her. Apparently they don't think she was driving the vehicle when it was abandoned.

That may not be the case. Her vehicle was only about 15 miles away from Colorado and 20 miles from Nebraska.

So, from the new article, she was coming home every weekend as if everything was normal even though she quit her job back in November & wasn't enrolled in college.
Also, has it been mentioned if her vehicle was disabled & if so how.

This is the overhead view of the area. The milemarker where her vehicle was found is highlighted red.
VW9H6yo.png

The Port of Entry is at mm 374, it's a large facility staffed with quite a few WYO DOT officers , l am sure she could have gotten assistance there. All commercial vehicles entering Wyoming stop there to check in wonder if she stopped there. Not much else . Next exit has a Sapp Bros truck stop and restaurant and steak house a couple miles west of the POE.
Prayers for Jordan to be found safe and soon. Cold and windy out there

The Port of Entry is at mm 374, it's a large facility staffed with quite a few WYO DOT officers , l am sure she could have gotten assistance there. All commercial vehicles entering Wyoming stop there to check in wonder if she stopped there. Not much else . Next exit has a Sapp Bros truck stop and restaurant and steak house a couple miles west of the POE.
Prayers for Jordan to be found safe and soon. Cold and windy out there
The POE is actually at MM372 and is staffed 24/7. You are correct that she could have found help there at any time. If she was traveling westbound, she probably wouldn't have seen it from where she stopped. The last place she would have passed that looks like there may be people there is 4 miles east at the Travel America Truck Stop. I know deputies have checked the tapes at the TA and Sapp Bros (truck stop to the west of where she was) for her and haven't seen that she was there.

Thanks very much, in article up thread states LE doesn't think Jordan was driving the vehicle when it was abandoned has anyone seen more information on this ? TIA Welcome to WS lostnwyomn.

I am new to this forum. But, I want to float an idea. Please Please meet this with any criticism you can. I want to be proven wrong. Here is the idea. The prime suspect in my sister's case has become a truck driver. I have heard rumors that he still stops in Erie. Do you think he maybe killed again? Sabrina Mae Kahler – The Charley Project

Cheyenne Police Department

Hopefully that link will work for a thread from the Cheyenne Police Department. (I think another user tried to link the Rock Springs PD's Facebook page and post, but it seems to be ccurrently unavailable.) I believe I am allowed to post the link to Cheyenne PD's FB as it is a public page from a a police department posting factual information as an MSM/police source.

But... we cannot discuss unverified information from social media comments here as per WS rules (as one of the mods very kindly and respectfully pointed out to me when I unintentionally did just that on previous posts that had to be removed. Sorry mods. I mean well. :oops:) Please learn from my mistake and let's not get this thread locked or have your posts deleted; hopefully the interesting information from the comments will be verified or refuted in MSM soon so we can discuss here.

Thinking of Jordan tonight. I'm from Buffalo, not far from Erie, and I've suffered from post concussion syndrome. A foggy brain makes it hard to be yourself and make good decisions for yourself. I hope Jordan had her Canada Goose parka to stay warm and safe outside her car, and that some part of her remembers how much her family loves her so she'll be led to reach out.

Last edited:

Hopefully that link will work for a thread from the Cheyenne Police Department. (I think another user tried to link the Rock Springs PD's Facebook page and post, but it seems to be ccurrently unavailable.) I believe I am allowed to post the link to Cheyenne PD's FB as it is a public page from a a police department posting factual information as an MSM/police source.

But... we cannot discuss unverified information from the comments on that post here as per WS rules (as one of the mods very kindly and respectfully pointed out to me when I unintentionally did just that on previous posts that had to be removed. Sorry mods. I mean well. :oops:) Please learn from my previous mistakes and let's not get this thread locked or have your posts deleted; hopefully the interesting information from the comments will be verified or refuted in MSM soon so we can discuss here.

Thinking of Jordan tonight. I'm from Buffalo, not far from Erie, and I've suffered from post concussion syndrome. A foggy brain makes it hard to be yourself and make good decisions for yourself. I hope Jordan had her Canada Goose parka to stay warm and safe outside her car, and that some part of her remembers how much her family loves her so she'll be led to reach out.

But... we cannot discuss unverified information from social media comments here as per WS rules (as one of the mods very kindly and respectfully pointed out to me when I unintentionally did just that on previous posts that had to be removed. Sorry mods. I mean well. :oops:) Please learn from my mistake and let's not get this thread locked or have your posts deleted; hopefully the interesting information from the comments will be verified or refuted in MSM soon so we can discuss here.

Thanks for the information!
Sorry if I overstepped! I pray Jordan is safe!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22
Back